bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Antique Shop: Lost Gems London

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 4, 17 12:29 AM
Antique Shop: Lost Gems London is a match-3 game that adds puzzle elements to deliver unique and engaging game mechanics. In this new adventure, travel to London and investigate the disappearance of Emily, our hero from Lost Gems Egypt! Can our new hero use the power of an ancient Match-3 board to free Emily from the clutches of an ancient evil? Special tools transform the board, giving you the power to transform your game in completely new ways.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Antique Shop: Lost Gems London

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 4, 17 6:17 AM
This has been out for more than a year (?) elsewhere, too bad Big Fish couldn't get this today as it looks much better than the soft release M3 currently being offered. The screenshots show a "casual" mode but a friend told me there's another mode that's limited moves all the time. I don't usually play games for their storyline, but am interested to see what else is going on in the continuation of the story from Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt.

[Post New]by lightinglady on Sep 23, 17 9:49 AM
I'm stuck on Level 93 and can't figure out why?
I've still got 20 tiles to find but can't seem to.
any help would be gratefully received.
thanx

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 23, 17 11:03 AM
Welcome to the pond!

I can't pull the levels up on demand but if there are "missing" tiles it's because you have to remove the lock(s) on the board. In some levels the only real way to reach a lock is to set up a L or T coil and then shoot the coil across the lock. If you have the frenzy powerup use it to set up 5 tiles in an L or T shape for the coil, then move the coil into the correct position.

There may be more than one lock to open in this manner, but in many cases you can only do one lock at a time.

Another possibility is that the "missing" tiles are hiding underneath wood boxes that you have to break first before the tiles can be matched. Often you can see a little glowing green edge around such wood boxes indicating there's a tile underneath, but not in every case.

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 11:11:28 AM PST

[Post New]by lightinglady on Sep 24, 17 9:46 AM
thank you for replying :-)
I have 20 tiles but am unable to see them because I have one lock that I've shot bolts across from every side and nothing.
there is an extra row which the lock controls.
i'd be grateful for any more advise because this is my first failure and it's horrid!
thanx

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 24, 17 1:17 PM
It sounds like you triggered a glitch somehow; that didn't happen with me on any level. The only other thing I could suggest is to try using the rotate or sliders if you have them to move either the lock or tiles around so you can make a match right next to the lock and see if that will get it to open.

[Post New]by mykle1223 on Oct 6, 17 6:16 AM
lightinglady wrote:I'm stuck on Level 93 and can't figure out why?
I've still got 20 tiles to find but can't seem to.
any help would be gratefully received.
thanx

[Post New]by lynngrape on Oct 11, 17 10:54 AM
Hi. I'm having the same problem with level 92. No matter what I do, I can't open the second lock to finish the round. I guess it's a glitch but am glad I made it this far. This game is highly addictive. Have fun.

lynn

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 11, 17 5:07 PM
Welcome to the pond!

I haven't been able to get level 92 as a randomly selected level in endless mode, but I did finish the 100 levels twice on two different profiles without problems. While replaying random other levels, I noticed that sometimes it's possible to use the coils on the adjacent row/column (not directly on the lock) and that can open the lock too. And as in my earlier postings, you could always just try making a match next to the lock to see if that gets it open, or use the rotate or sliders if you have them to move either the lock or surrounding tiles around so it is easier to match around the lock.

Has anyone tried toggling the game mode between limited moves and relaxed to see if that will regenerate the level in case it is some type of bug? I'm also willing to review screenshots of various points in the level to see where the issue might be, but that would involve having to PM me for details, as we can't post graphics here.

[Post New]by lynngrape on Oct 12, 17 11:29 AM
Hi and thanks for your response. I have tried going between casual and move mode but it didn't help. I've moved the lock around different places with no success either.I'll probably just start again in a different profile and see what happens. It will take me awhile to get to this level again but that's ok.

Thanks again.

lynn

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 12, 17 2:01 PM
You're welcome Lynn. You might want to contact the developer (they have a website) to report a potential glitch.

Go to: