Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Antique Shop: Lost Gems London here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 4, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 5:25:09 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Antique Shop: Lost Gems London here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 4, 17 5:25 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Antique Shop: Lost Gems London here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Antique Shop: Lost Gems London.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Antique Shop: Lost Gems London here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 4, 17 10:33 AM
Spectacular, with lots of bells and whistles. Doesn't make it a buy for me.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 4, 17 10:49 AM
I loved this Match 3 game, but I kept having freezing issues. I remember that the first game in this series, Lost Gems Egypt (Jan. 2016) had an issue with losing power-ups in the 3rd city, which was immediately addressed and updated to solve the issue, so if this is a glitch and not my computer's fault, I'm sure it too will be fixed. Don't let that deter you from trying the demo, because it's a really good Match 3 game with very unique features and fantastic graphics. (and it's probably my computer's issue not the game) You can set the graphics with 3 different option choices, I tried the highest, and then the lowest graphics, and I really didn't notice that much of a change, they are still excellent on the lowest setting.

In Lost Gems Egypt, you searched diligently for your missing Cousin Emily, and discovered that she was trapped inside of a cursed book, the Book of Souls. Hiding within the book's binding, was a map that led to her rescue. The sites of the rituals that created the book, manifests dark energy on the map. Using the board to purify corresponding sites, in physical London, will purify the map and weaken the book, one Match 3 at a time.

This is a swap type Match 3 game, available in a Casual mode or Limited Moves mode, and there are several Achievements to earn as well. The level goals are shown at the bottom of the board, and usually consist of clearing all Silver cells and removing a specific number of specific tiles. Matching 4 tiles will earn you an explosive Bomb on the board, which is color specific, and must be used in a match of that color to detonate. A Match 5 will give you a Color Destroying Pearl on the board to destroy all identical colored tiles, of whichever tile it is matched with, on the board.

Some tiles are Locked, and cannot move until they are used in a Match with whichever tile is locked, some of them require multiple matches. As you progress, Power-Ups become available with upgrades. The power-ups can be used several times, but must be refilled after each use by matching special Lost Gems. The Slide Row power-up, allows you to slide the tool up or down to select a specific row, and then you can drag that chosen entire row, to the left or right, to help you line up matching tiles. The Rotate Tile Power-Up allows you to choose a 4 cell area (2x2) by first dragging it to the chosen cell, and then rotating all 4, 2x2 cells, to line up a match. This feature is usually a necessity when a silver or locked tile is being blocked by an unmoveable blockage. Special Lost Tiles must be collected to refill this meter as well.
Because of my freezing issues, I wasted a lot of demo time, and didn't get the opportunity to discover what other power-ups were available, but the two features I mentioned are truly unique and make the game really interesting. I'm hoping I can solve the issue and continue playing this addicting little Lost Gem Match 3 game, enjoy!

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Sep 4, 17 10:40 PM
This is the best Match 3 game that I have played in a long time! It has so many unique features that I have never seen before. The developers have really outdone themselves! Please give the demo a try. It is so worth it.
Audrey

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 6, 17 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to thank players for taking the time to post their review of Antique Shop: Lost Gems London is this designated thread. It is definitely appreciated as we encourage players to post their thoughts. Since downloading a trial version of the game was mentioned, I wanted to provide the specific help page with these steps. Please click on the link below:

Download a Trial Game

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 6, 17 7:13 PM
Graphics 3/5 stars
Music 5/5 stars
Storyline 5/5 stars
Gameplay 4/5 stars
Overall 4/5 stars

100 levels, the choice to play either casual or limited moves, and endless mode unlocking after you finish level 100. I only played in limited moves, but you can switch modes at any time in the map screen. This game isn't a bad sequel (and story continuation) to Antique Shop: Lost Gems Egypt, but just didn't pull me in anywhere near as much as the previous game. I miss the level variety and the storyline being in a journal format. The powerups are the same as in Lost Gems Egypt, but the game now picks the powerups for you at the start of every level instead of you having the choice, which is sometimes frustrating. A new twist is that powerups sometimes don't work in certain places of the boards. For some reason, I only had to collect "lost gems" in the first half of the game and after that it was only clearing tiles.

The graphics seem downgraded; despite 3 different settings in the options, they all appear similar and even on the highest quality I had trouble distinguishing pink/red and green/yellow bombs. In moves mode the game starts out baby easy for the first 30 levels but rapidly becomes quite challenging after that, so even though there's lots of stuff blowing up you still have to strategize a lot. Plenty of trophies to win, but they're all of the "playing it long enough" sort. I do have to wonder about the one million gems one though - I'm calling a programming error on that one as it appears you'd have to replay the game around 30 times on the same profile to win it! The others are achievable in one run through the 100 levels.

I didn't have the tech issues others reported in the tech issues thread, but did notice when using the Frenzy powerup, the moving of tiles was a bit clunky where sometimes it needed 2 drags to get things positioned correctly. Overall, it's a good M3, but I liked the first game more.

[Post New]by Bluebird67 on Nov 10, 17 12:56 PM
Sorry, can't give this game a positive review. Why? Because it is unplayable. Yes, lot of good graphics and some unique powerups, but the game locks up on almost every level. I tried all the usual fixes including deleting and reinstalling. Nothing helped, So I give up. Love match 3 games, so will be looking for a new time waster. LOL Hope others have better luck.

Go to: