Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 5, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/05/2017 at 6:23:03 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 5, 17 6:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dawn of Hope: Daughter of Thunder Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 5, 17 6:28 AM
Pretty good for a Tuesday game, I know story lines been done before. But it clear really not too repetitive scenes,& not bad HOs which it is what I like. Mini games aren't too tough! Fantasy enough for my taste which I know isn't everyone's! I do understand the Devs today dilemma, every kind of story lines been done! So repetitive ones are going to come up often. W/ that said its your typical Mad Head style, clear color, I had no glitches in loading or playing! W10 PC. Its little soon in game to gave too much comment! But so far not bad! All I can say is give it a shot in trial!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 5, 17 7:23 AM
Five stars on this one!! I have been waiting for this game to come out for so long! Thank you for a nice surprise this morning BF. Graphics are awesome, good voice overs and music. I've literally worn out the previous game in this series and fully intend to do the same with this one. We have a little water problem down here in Houston so the down load is taking forever but I am lucky to have an internet this morning so I'll not quibble about speed, just anxious to play.

Happy gaming to those other fishies that love fantasy!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 5, 17 7:40 AM
Mad Head games has got game! Dawn of Hope is going to be a series of epic proportion, a stormy force to be reckoned with, one that will rise to the top of the HOPA charts, surely this game will qualify for many gaming awards, so hats off and kudos Mad Head, you've done it again! The only features I'm not crazy about, are that we have yet another Amulet/Medallion gimmicky tool, the same hidden Spirals are located in each scene, and that the Morphing Objects are only found within the Hidden Object Scenes, in this Collector's Edition version. This game would be absolutely perfect if each scene contained a slowly Morphing Object in each location instead of just in the HOP's!

DAWN OF HOPE GAMES AVAILABLE:
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Skyline Adventure (November 5-16) 4.3
This Collector's Edition has 8 Profile pictures, a Character Gallery, 20 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 20 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 30 Hidden Signs one in each location, a Jigsaw Puzzle, 10 Music Soundtracks, 4 Wallpapers, a built in Strategy Guide, an ALTERNATE ENDING, and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy the storm!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Sep 5, 17 3:13 PM
well, I bought the game - because again, I needed a new game to play. It's okay, been enjoying it, however, again, getting tired of the "gadgets", etc. Just looking for a really good murder mystery type of game, no gadgets, no supernatural, no helpers, lots of extra "collectibles" to find & morph objects.

All in all, it has kept me entertained for the afternoon today and was a nice surprise.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Sep 5, 17 3:14 PM
Based on the demo: (won't be buying this game)
Unfortunately the glider mingame destroyed my experience completely. Impossible to complete, should have been MUUCHH less impossible to control. Yes , there is a storm, and by that fact alone, COMPLETELY stupid that you have fly through it on a glider. That is stupid enough for me to not reccomend this game at all. Too bad, since it, prior to this stupid minigame seemed like an very different and more interesting casual game than most others.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 5, 17 3:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post their feedback and review for this particular game. The Moderation Team will continue to pass along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams for review. If players find that a certain aspect of the game is challenging and you cannot progress, it is recommended to post in the main section of this game by clicking on the blue Create New Discussion button. Other players may be able to offer their hints and suggestions to help keep this thread for Reviews Only.

Thank you everyone for your understanding. Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 5, 17 3:40 PM
Hi friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. This is #2 in this series and it does not disappoint, with excellent graphics, very clear, and no blur when going in and out of scenes. Colors are bright and true, but not over powering. Animation is quite realistic with eye movements and all. Voices are age and character appropriate and have real emotion to them as well, fear, anger, power, urgency, you name it. Game play is excellent, with no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen quite well. Music is rather soothing until it needs to let you know something is about to happen. Sound FX are constant and very realistic. I did find it rather amusing to think that I would just take my sweet old time about packing and leaving when a tornado is ripping my house down around me.

HOPs are nothing new, but well done and scenes are very clear. Items are not difficult to find at all. We have silhouettes and lists so far. We do have to find a morphing item in each HOP, which is not as easy as you think. The item morphs quite slowly, so it is easy to miss it. I did not see that there was anything else to switch to, but I wasn't really looking either. Puzzles were very simple for the most part. I didn't really find anything that was challenging or that took much time to complete. Hint system is very helpful and actually gives you a hint and not just "move on," or "nothing to do here." I didn't see that we had the transport feature in this one, which would help a great deal, since we do an awful lot of back tracking. So far, we haven't gone far though. The game and story flowed so well that I didn't even find the need to look at the map or the strategy guide.

Collectibles...disappointing, to say the least. We just have a symbol that isn't hard to see, even though it can be quite small. Toss in a few other items to find and this would be an exceptional game.

I really liked the first one in this series and this one is just as good. Even though there isn't any real challenge, I did find the story interesting enough to make me want to keep playing and see what happens. I do not give 5 stars easily, a game must be exceptional in all aspects. The only reason this one didn't get them, is because it needed a bit more collectibles and challenge. Even at that, I gave it a 4.75 on my scale, and worth the CE price. I think most all levels of players will find this one interesting for one reason or another. Yes, I am adding it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 5, 17 4:09 PM
I've played the game for roughly an hour and am enjoying it very much. I had no trouble with the glider mini-game at all, but if you do have trouble with it, you can always use the skip button. I am not a fan of frequent dexterity puzzles in games, but I don't mind having one or two included in a game.

I'm looking forward to a pleasant evening playing more of the game.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 5, 17 7:06 PM
Penny1942 wrote:Five stars on this one!! I have been waiting for this game to come out for so long! Thank you for a nice surprise this morning BF. Graphics are awesome, good voice overs and music. I've literally worn out the previous game in this series and fully intend to do the same with this one. We have a little water problem down here in Houston so the down load is taking forever but I am lucky to have an internet this morning so I'll not quibble about speed, just anxious to play.

Glad you're OK

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 5, 17 8:33 PM
I posted the 1st comment & yes I love the game! BF if you notice majority has ruled on this kind of game! Not the creepy monster ghosts! So please! please! keep em coming. I guarantee your sales will go up!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 5, 17 9:40 PM
divaprods wrote:
Penny1942 wrote:Five stars on this one!! I have been waiting for this game to come out for so long! Thank you for a nice surprise this morning BF. Graphics are awesome, good voice overs and music. I've literally worn out the previous game in this series and fully intend to do the same with this one. We have a little water problem down here in Houston so the down load is taking forever but I am lucky to have an internet this morning so I'll not quibble about speed, just anxious to play.

Glad you're OK

Indeed. Sounds like you made it through ok Penny so that's great. Red Cross has had my support and I'm in line to foster 2 kitties from one of the Houston area shelters (yep, even way up here in Seattle!). All our best to you and yourn.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 6, 17 12:52 AM
I'm afraid this series isn't for me. I didn't like the first game and I got bored with this one after having played for only half an hour. Just not my cup of tea.

Another thing that is off-putting with this dev's CE collectables is that they are too lazy to change them, and instead using the same ones over and over in each game.

Whatever happened to the "Cadenza" series? Now those were great games !!

Edited on 09/06/2017 at 12:14:49 PM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 8, 17 12:22 PM
I enjoyed the first Dawn of Hope, but to me, this sequel was a disappointment all the way around, including in the fact that the storyline didn't go where the demo suggested it would, as that was a factor in my decision to purchase it during the recent sale. Having played the game through, I don't recommend it at all, & not as an SE, either, unless you prefer really short, HO-heavy games that pose next to no challenge. (For those who wish a more detailed review, see the sales page.)

Editing this post to note that you can no longer read my two-star review on the sales page. After having it up for ten days, it has been pulled for no reason I know of. I noticed that some other reviews, all one-two stars, have been removed as well. This is not the first time I've seen this happen.

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 8:43:57 PM PST

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 22, 18 1:09 PM
I didn't mind this game at all, but it wasn't a 'wow' game. I played it until the end purely because I had bought it.

The voice overs were good, the scenes multiple and crisp, though I wasn't keen on the many times of having to find symbols. Whenever that comes up in a game I skip it.

Overall, an ok game.

Edited on 02/22/2018 at 1:10:11 PM PST

Go to: