Lily_Lane
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Definitely an underrated game!

[Post New]by Lily_Lane on Apr 29, 10 10:57 PM
I downloaded the trial of this not expecting much, but it's a great little game! It's not just a hunt-for-random-junk HOG - you really have to think. Good mini-games too. Not a long game I don't think - I probably got close to halfway during my trial - but I think it's definitely worth a credit!

SeaMoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Definitely an underrated game!

[Post New]by SeaMoon on May 11, 10 6:42 AM
I played for 20 minutes and had to purchase this game. For the daily deal choice, I was surpised that it was better than the new games offered.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 11, 10 7:16 AM
Thanks for your opinions-because of them, I bought it!

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on May 11, 10 8:05 AM
Lily_Lane

Be sure to use the game code and not one of your credits. This is a DD for 2.99.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on May 11, 10 2:12 PM
After a 30min demo I'm buying too.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on May 11, 10 3:41 PM
This is the first I ever heard about this game. Didn't even finish the game
to have to know it's a keeper. For 2.99 a steal. Wish I could find deals
like this on clothes

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on May 11, 10 7:17 PM
First time I've posted anything on the forums, but enjoying this game so much that I felt I had to. Great to find a game that is different. Thanks for pointing it out.

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on May 11, 10 7:23 PM
Also meant to ask if anyone knows of any others that "depart from the norm"!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 10 9:54 PM
stellmac Well not sure which way you mean to depart LOL From the norm storywise Deadtime Stories, graphics far superior than the norm as well as storyline. Mishap An Accidental Haunting, similar style graphics, long, made up of short stories, a spoof of ghost games, lots of fun things to do and a LOT for your money. I like good humor, satire, so although I'm not into vampires etc I thought Vampireville was a classic, story and graphics and great dialogue.

For some reason this game makes me think of Valerie Porter, another with fun things to do, not tpo easy not too hard. I just haven't been in mood for dark gruesome mysteries and complicated adventures, so these are my current favorites you may want to explore.

Now, back to my spy, only halfway through demo but appreciating the graphics if I can figure out how to work things. I like some brainwork but not to the point of braindead. I play for fun and relax.

Welcome and keep exploring and join the conversations.

Edited on 05/11/2010 at 9:57:12 PM PST

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on May 14, 10 5:25 AM
Many thanks. Will have a look at those.

stellmac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by stellmac on May 14, 10 5:36 AM
I have bought a number of the large file games, but always seem to start and not finish them. It's not because I've given up on them but because I have bought a new game which has taken my immediate interest. By the time I go back to the original one I have forgotten where I was! HOG are ok as long as there is something more to do/think about than just find the objects. Games like Mata Hari seem to be a happy medium so will definitely look at your suggestions.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 5, 11 3:01 AM
This game reminds me of AZADA. You have to find the objects and then you have to figure out what to do with them to finish the scene. I enjoyed the decoding at first, but after awhile I just skipped through the wire ones. It's nice that I can go back and try them later if i want. I wish there would have been more story to it, now I'm going to have to go read a book on Mata Hari.

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 25, 12 11:34 PM
I love this game for so many of the reasons stated by others on this thread but I really love it for the art direction and graphic design which does a very good job of evoking sitting in a cinema during the time period when Mata Hari, a real World War I spy, actually lived. NOT SPOILING the plot....

Because the story is set around 100 years ago (circa 1916) during the early years of the SILENT Movies - when dialogue was printed on the screen and IN-BETWEEN scenes there were printed cards w text which filled in story details and which were decorated with interesting graphics which might suit the time period or tone of the film - the game developers chose to include these printed cards in-between scenes in Mata Hari right down to the "flicker" effect of projecting a Silent Movie on a theater screen using a "Talkie" Movie projector (the number of frames per minute was different with each format - hence the flicker. The game developer also chose to make the cards B&W (Black & White) like Silent Movies AND designed in the type of "scratchiness" that one sees in old, un-restored Silent and Talkie pictures.

Go to: