Vermilion Watch Hung Up

[Post New]by Laaccy1 on Sep 5, 17 3:17 PM
I am at the zoo, and it shows a woman with two feet and hands drawn in front of her. She is weaving like she is frightened, or fighting. I have no clue what I am supposed to do. The walk through says to do the sequence which is random 3 times. What is the sequence, and what should I do?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Vermilion Watch Hung Up

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 5, 17 6:54 PM
Yes, you are in a fight with Dorothy from order zero. If I remember correctly you have just been affected by the gas that makes everyone more violent, witch is why you are fighting, and why you are seeing everything all weird and frightening, the gas is making you hallucinate people being more monstrous that they actually are.

The fight is a basic 'follow the sequence' puzzle.
you have two hands and two feet buttons. Click to start the sequence and a green/red aura will surround a hand or foot button one by one.
Not all the buttons may be used in the sequence and some may be repeated.

There are four moves in each sequence i.e. four buttons to remember and press.
When the sequence has completed on the row of buttons and the aura has surrounded 4 buttons in turn, then match the same order of buttons by pressing them in the same order as the shown sequence.

Do not start pressing the buttons until the full sequence has been shown or the game will count it as wrong and the sequence will start again from the beginning.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Sep 7, 17 7:29 PM
Frustrating oversight--definitely should have the skip option here (it was possible to skip previous fights in this game). No buy for me.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 7, 17 8:26 PM
I know a lot of people seem to be having difficulty with this mini game.
I honestly don't understand why.
I certainly don't mean to undermine anybody's struggle and I completely get that people are having legitimate problems with it, but I honestly would love someone to tell me what the problem is so that I can understand better.

From my perspective it was just a simple remember the sequence puzzle.
Certainly these can be tricky if they are very fast of have a lot of steps, but this puzzle wasn't that fast and there are only four steps to remember in each sequence.
A ring of light around a button to highlight each step in the sequence four times, and then you just repeat.

If you screw up then the thing will play again so you just watch again and repeat.
I've seen some pretty difficult mini games in my time, and plenty that I would understand would prevent people from wanting to buy the game, like ones that rely on dexterity and can be impossible for those who have issues with this, or ones that rely on fast paced memory, but this one seems to not be complicated or fast enough to be causing so many issues and prevent people form wanting to buy the game.

[Post New]by Laaccy1 on Sep 10, 17 8:57 AM
Thank you Sazoria. I will watch closer and try. I saw the lights flashing, but didn't know what they meant.

[Post New]by 44tinamary66 on Sep 10, 17 10:44 PM
Sazoria- Thankyou it worked very well
44tinamary66

ggma34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ggma34 on Sep 13, 17 9:50 PM
Is there a walkthrough for this game?

ggma34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ggma34 on Sep 13, 17 9:51 PM
I can't seem to scratch the tiger right, what is the secret?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 14, 17 8:35 AM
@ggma34
You have to brush him in a certain order.
I believe it was left side of face, right side of face, under chin, top of head.
I could be wrong, but it is a combination of these 4 areas, so just start the order and if he growls you've done it in the wrong area and you need to start the sequence again from the beginning.
Just be careful as I remember that the areas where you can click are pretty small and close together, so when you click on his chin, say, just make sure that is where the comb goes, otherwise you may have to adjust the spot where you are clicking so that it combs where you want.

As for a walkthrough-
BF have walkthroughs on their site for nearly all standard version games-
Click community at top of page in blue band.
If it is a newer released game, then the link for the walkthrough will be under the recent game walkthroughs section on the right of the screen.
If the game you want is not there click on see more walkthroughs at the bottom of the recent game walkthroughs section.
Click on the letter corresponding with the first letter of the game title you want the walkthrough for.
Scroll through list to find your game- most of them are there, including this one.

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 8:35:41 AM PST

ggma34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ggma34 on Sep 19, 17 11:18 PM
I don't know what to do with the "flashbang." When I went to the walkthrough, it is not shown at all. It seems to leave out a lot of the story.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 19, 17 11:37 PM
@ggma34
Assuming that you are referring to the Flashbang (in the museum, which I'm sure you are , and not the flash grenade (Ahab's ship)-

Taken from Vermillion Watch: Order Zero walkthrough as published on Big Fish's site-
•Place OCTOPUS DECOY (N); close lid.
•Use FLASHBANG; take DINOSAUR INSIGNIA (O ).
•Go to The Earth.

The picture that comes along with the instructions shows (O ) as being inside the big angler fish near the back of the sea room; so you use the flash bang on the angler fish and then take the dinosaur insignia.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 11:40:39 PM PST

Go to: