bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

ClearIt 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 6, 17 12:29 AM
In this sequel to ClearIt, take on new challenges and see if you can clear the board while navigating brightly colored puzzles with multiple levels of complexity. Many players enjoy this unique take on the marble shooter mechanic where balls located at the edges of the field are shot to the center to try and make a match and clear the board. Once all are cleared, you’re on your way to the next challenge.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:ClearIt 2

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 6, 17 7:16 AM
I have the first one, but got bored with it. It was great if you wanted a completely relaxing game with no time or move limits. One game like this was enough for me though.

If you like the concept but want a challenge, play Stones of Rome.

[update] Currently between games, saw there were a few fishies getting stuck so decided to demo it. I take my earlier words back, as this sequel is considerably harder than the original! Like that the powerups are now randomly placed into the marbles and that there's a time limit on how long the powerup is active so you have to get your pops in at the right moment to activate powerups. Also the new anti-powerup that adds marbles into the board makes it a lot trickier to work out. You really do have to think in this one, so I did end up buying it. I'm currently only on level 17 so don't know if there will be more than 4 colors later on, but have noticed that the brick wall placement is also getting more sneaky.

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 6:55:25 AM PST

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 10, 17 12:04 PM
I wasn't sure whether to buy this game, but I was contemplating it with the sale this weekend. I did demo it and was glad to see that new powerups (as well as the muti-colored obstacles) were introduced in this game, but I must admit that I miss the bombs from the first Clear It. I found myself "going to" the original when I just needed a change of pace game. For some reason, I got satisfaction from bombing the walls, LOL!

For $3.99 I'll go ahead and get it (also based on your posts - SynthpopAddict!), so if another good game comes out (wishful thinking), this might be a good "in-between" game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 17 8:44 PM
Hi skpjazz, the bombs are here, but I only saw them for the first 20 or so levels (see my other thread about the powerups). Instead of looking like mines, they are the fireballs. You might remember the original ClearIt fireballs took out an entire line, but that feature was taken out in this game. Later on you get the star powerup which randomly clears marbles and brick walls. Not quite as great as blasting the bricks with the mines, but anything that works.

Go to: