bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 30, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Life Quest ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Apr 30, 10 10:16 AM
I looked at the walkthrough a bit and I have to say this game looks really nice, like a polished and beefed up version of My Life Story. I'm glad to see it might even have some replay value for once. Going to try it now.

I wonder what happens if we lose a challenge against a classmate though? I hope we don't have to start the game all over? Do we just have to replay the one lost challenge? Or do we continue onto the next challenge regardless, but with some downside to it maybe? Would love if someone could tell me exactly what happens when losing a challenge.

[Post New]by TheProfessor on Apr 30, 10 10:35 AM
Ratatouille wrote:I wonder what happens if we lose a challenge against a classmate though? I hope we don't have to start the game all over? Do we just have to replay the one lost challenge? Or do we continue onto the next challenge regardless, but with some downside to it maybe? Would love if someone could tell me exactly what happens when losing a challenge.

Hi Ratatouille,

If you lose against a rival, you just lose a bit of happiness, which you can easily regain by doing various things around the city.

But no worries, it won't make you restart anything. You just need to complete the goals before it lets you move onto the next challenge.

Hope that helps! Enjoy the game!

m.

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Apr 30, 10 11:41 PM
That's great to know, thank you!

I played the trial and I think this one's definitely going to be a keeper -- and I'm terribly picky I love that we can customize so many little things and that the game has some replay value. I'm always on the lookout for that.

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 1, 10 12:33 AM
No problem, glad I could help. Enjoy your fully-customizable Ratatouille-topia!

[Post New]by Megginy on May 1, 10 9:16 AM
I installed Life Quest and played it for two days and now I get this "error". I tried to uninstall and reinstall but I keep getting the same message that the program has been terminated. Any ideas?

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 9:17:04 AM PST

Quest about Welcome to Life Quest ™ forum

[Post New]by Chattn215 on May 1, 10 9:21 AM
Is there anyway to skip a level without completing the task?

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 9:42:28 AM PST

[Post New]by annie1438 on May 1, 10 10:01 AM
Megginy wrote:I installed Life Quest and played it for two days and now I get this "error". I tried to uninstall and reinstall but I keep getting the same message that the program has been terminated. Any ideas?

I am getting the same error. I have no idea how to fix it though any idea's on why or how to fix it?

astro147
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by astro147 on May 2, 10 11:32 AM
Hi could someone help how do i get get pass the become a expert dj at dancy pants

[Post New]by LizTaurus on May 2, 10 1:36 PM
I also am having the same problem, whenever I go to the dance club, there is an error, and the the game exits on its own. I am on a level where I have to become an expert DJ, and obviously, I won't be able to do that. Has anyone fixed this problem?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 2, 10 3:39 PM
Yes, someone posted that you can avoid this crash by starting the game up again and then selecting a different date option before they arrive at the club.

You can become an expert DJ at the club the same way you can become expert at any job: go to city hall, get the DJ job and then work until you're an expert.

[Post New]by Megginy on May 2, 10 4:49 PM
That is the same level I am on (The Expert DJ level) and that is where the problem was encountered. Does anyone from the support team read these?

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on May 4, 10 9:17 AM
I'm really loving the game so far!

There's just ONE thing I really miss: I wish there was an option to start a sandbox/free play game once the challenges have all been won. I know we can continue playing an existing game, but that's not at all the same as being able to start a sandbox game fresh and experiment with all the available options without being bothered with buying what the challenges require...

Edited on 05/04/2010 at 9:32:14 AM PST

Re:Expert DJ

[Post New]by 4bidding on May 4, 10 7:27 PM
I'm also encountering the same issue of the game crashing as soon as I get to DancyPants. I have already restarted because it crashed when I took a date there.
If you cannot fix this gamecrash, can you make it that we can skip that challenge so we can continue enjoying the game ?

[Post New]by moon052751 on May 4, 10 8:57 PM
Hey does anyone know if you play the game longer do your children grow up? Because I am at day 245 and my eldest child s at day 55 and I want to know if they do actually grow older so I wont lose unnessesary time.

Edited on 05/04/2010 at 9:03:38 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 4, 10 9:26 PM
There is a new version of the game out in which the crash at dancypants is fixed. You can install the new one over the old one without losing your progress. You can also try and change to a different date before they reach dancypants and they will do that date instead and you can avoid the crash that way.

moon052751: I don't think the children grow up!

mesh_
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mesh_ on May 5, 10 6:07 AM
hi guys

i did the whole uninstall/ reinstall thing and the game is still showing an error and switching off, i can't do anything now because i need to finish the expert dj phase.
is there anyway i can continue without doing that 1 task?

[Post New]by 5eximinx on May 6, 10 12:31 PM
Hi

Is anyone else having the problem of when you finish for the night and come to play it the next day, your profile no longer exists, this happened yesterday so i started again, and i've just gone back into it today and its happened again, so im going to have to start again.

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Upgrades

[Post New]by jaramilo on May 8, 10 5:28 PM
Can someone explain how the upgrades work? I chose to have a contractor do the work and every time I go back its on the same 25% completed ... I know this happens in real life (grins) ... but what's the story in LifeQuest?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 9, 10 3:06 PM
You need to pay the contractor more than once. It should tell you how many turns it takes to finish the job. Same if you do it yourself, each time you pay, you will get a little bit further.

Go to: