bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Life Quest ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 30, 10 1:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Life Quest ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Apr 30, 10 1:43 PM
Found an error message in day 116 and the game crashes.

I will be contacting tech support next.

Would like to finish the last three levels -

[Post New]by rina_n_lexie on May 1, 10 5:52 AM
Every time I go dancing as a date, the game crashes when it ends - I'm not sure if I can finish my game as a result.

[Post New]by x_Kalina_x on May 1, 10 7:03 AM
I have the same problem, im on my 83rd day and when i go on a date it crashes when i get there

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on May 1, 10 7:19 AM
I have downloaded, uninstalled several times and continue to have the same problem over and over. At the very beginning of the game it takes forever to finish the first few "loading---". Then, after I get past those my cursor is very spastic and jerky (difficult to control). I'm not having problems with any of the other games. Is anybody having this problem? I'm anticipating this game being great fun - so hope I will have the chance to find out!

[Post New]by kiki1978 on May 1, 10 8:55 AM
I am also having an issue of the game crashing when I go on a dancing date. I'm on day 109. I really want to finish this game.

[Post New]by Character_Blot on May 1, 10 10:36 AM
The game was playing perfectly fine for me until I got the mission to get a job that pays $20. I accepted the photographer job but the first time I tried to go to this job it showed up as the pirate restaurant (my previous job). Now whenever I hover over other locations they all show up as the restaurant!

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 1, 10 2:12 PM
kiki1978 wrote:I am also having an issue of the game crashing when I go on a dancing date. I'm on day 109. I really want to finish this game.

Hi kiki1978,
I was just wondering if you saw the "Game crashes" post that's also in this forum. There are a couple workarounds that might help you advance past this crash.

Hope it helps!

[Post New]by juliedp on May 1, 10 6:53 PM
rina_n_lexie wrote:Every time I go dancing as a date, the game crashes when it ends - I'm not sure if I can finish my game as a result.

I have the exact same problem. It works fine until I try to stop dancing, then it crashes every time.

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 1, 10 7:26 PM
juliedp wrote:
rina_n_lexie wrote:Every time I go dancing as a date, the game crashes when it ends - I'm not sure if I can finish my game as a result.

I have the exact same problem. It works fine until I try to stop dancing, then it crashes every time.

Hi juliedp! If you don't click "stop dancing" (and you have enough time left in the day), it'll automatically stop dancing after the meter fills. The higher your charm, the faster you will get full love for your date night.

hope it helps!! Good luck!

[Post New]by kiki1978 on May 2, 10 6:09 AM
Mine crashes without pushing the stop dancing button. It just crashes as I get to the club to dance.

[Post New]by soosiesoo on May 2, 10 6:33 AM
kiki1978 wrote:Mine crashes without pushing the stop dancing button. It just crashes as I get to the club to dance.

having exactly the same problem - on day 66 every time it loads and I go on the dancing date it crashes

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 2, 10 3:43 PM
Try selecting a different date option before they reach the club next time you start the game. I've been told you can bypass the crash that way. Haven't tried it myself, but it's worth a go.

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 2, 10 5:20 PM
Hi soosiesoo,
Is it happening when your "time units" reach zero while you're on a date at the club? If so, try what SeverineSnape suggests. There's a post called "Game crashes" in this forum that has a couple workarounds that might help, this one included.

So the next time you reload the game, try clicking on the "Family Options" button on the right side before you reach the club for your date. Then just choose a different date.

Hope it helps! Good luck!

[Post New]by Tallica34 on May 2, 10 6:15 PM
I accepted a job at the dance club and the game crashed. This happened on different game dates.

[Post New]by illinoyed on May 2, 10 7:28 PM
My game was crashing too on Day 119 as I sent husband and wife dancing with just a few seconds left.

Quickly clicking on the "Family" icon and selecting another date activity while they were enroute appears to have solved the problem.

It is still very irritating that you have to do a workaround in the middle of playng the game.

[Post New]by suzieque117 on May 3, 10 5:58 AM
Really frustrated as my game also crashed while dancing and I followed the recommendations and now the game won't even start. I sent a note to Customer Service but don't know if they can help. This is 3rd or 4th game I've purchased in the last few months that has had problems. I've been a member of Big Fish for many years and have never experianced so many issues. What's up Big Fish?

[Post New]by kimsting17 on May 3, 10 7:33 AM
it crash on a danceing date so i made a new profile and that one is now crashing on the same date

[Post New]by Girlinachair on May 3, 10 12:01 PM
I finished the game once already without any issues (other than the known "I hit the stop dancing button and it crashed" issue), and I was replaying it when my power went out. Now, everytime I try to load the game it says "Error: Access violation at 0x0074d6de (tried to read from 0x72c32af5). Program Terminated." I've uninstalled and re-installed, and still the same issue.

[Post New]by TheProfessor on May 3, 10 12:25 PM
Girlinachair wrote:I finished the game once already without any issues (other than the known "I hit the stop dancing button and it crashed" issue), and I was replaying it when my power went out. Now, everytime I try to load the game it says "Error: Access violation at 0x0074d6de (tried to read from 0x72c32af5). Program Terminated." I've uninstalled and re-installed, and still the same issue.

Hi Girlinachair, did you try creating a new profile? It's hard to say what a power outage does to your game data if it's in the middle of saving, let alone your computer harddrive, unfortunately.

Hope it helps!

Go to: