Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: The Monster Within Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 7, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/07/2017 at 6:53:38 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: The Monster Within Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 7, 17 6:53 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Helpas they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Access Error Violation

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Sep 8, 17 1:59 AM
I received an access error violation while playing the hawk game ....... the game shut down...I tried to play again and I was sent just past the hawk game. I have never had this code when playing any game.....I am Running a new PC Windows 10

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: The Monster Within Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 4:52 PM
Hello DebbieAnnie,

I'm sorry an access violation was received. Let's take a crack at troubleshooting this.

When a game receives an access violation, the first step I recommend is to check that the computer's video card driver is up to date. The help page below will guide you through the process.

Access Violation

I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode. I've included the help page with those instructions below too.

Run Game as Administrator

Should these instructions not resolve the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to provide assistance going forward.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Sep 10, 17 10:37 PM
I cannot download my purchased game.
I have tried uninstalling the demo version of the game.
Signing out and in, I keep getting signed out anyway with error coded 1404.
I have also tried uninstalling the game manager.
I have tried installing from both the game manager and the website. (edit)
This has never happened before, not sure what to do next?

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 10:41:41 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 12:46 PM
Hello 33tlc,

I'm sorry that error code 1404 has been received and that the game can't be played. Troubleshooting the cause of this code requires more extensive tools than those available to the Moderation Team in the forums, so please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide help with this.

If any more questions or concerns arise, please PM me or another moderator. We're here to help. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBeruna

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Sep 21, 17 6:58 PM
I lost my inventory as soon as I entered the carriage so I uninstalled and downloaded again. I started the game again and as soon as I was in the carriage I lost my inventory.

evmis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by evmis on Oct 28, 17 9:22 AM
I'm not able to download the game. Immediately appears 'download error'.
Error 5 appears.

evmis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by evmis on Oct 29, 17 1:34 AM
I played the demo version without any problem. I have Windows 10 on my pc. When I purchased the game downloading refuses to start up and error 5 appears.

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Nov 4, 17 2:26 PM
My game keeps stopping and shrinking to the task bar. I have to click on the little icon and press resume and it does it very often. Just thought you would like to know.
I also have a problem with a puzzle. IN the treasury in chapter six, "dragon treasures", you place the dragon heart and then the puzzle comes up. You need to match up the symbols with the symbol in the center of each one. I have done it correctly, looked at the SG but it won't do anything so I will have to skip it.

Go to: