bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Barnyard Sherlock Hooves

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 30, 10 1:19 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Barnyard Sherlock Hooves? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 1:19:51 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Barnyard Sherlock Hooves

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 30, 10 1:41 AM
IHOG game. I would only buy this game as a daily deal, since I would likely have to play it with the sound off finally. The verbose talking mouse is very annoying, but you have to get tips from him to learn the game, so you're stuck with him at first.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 30, 10 1:48 AM
I got so frustrated with this game the going back and forth, couldn't look in an area until I found a flashlight and I couldn't open a padlock until I found a piece of paper. My son is having a good time with this game, he laughed at me when I got so aggitated. He's still playing the game, as we speak- thanks Big Fish he really likes this one. Happy Gaming !!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 30, 10 2:02 AM
Hey TerryMann .... Cute and different. The mouse voice is very irritating so I turned it way down. Jury is still out on this one. Will give it another try tomorrow, as I still have 30 minutes on the demo.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 30, 10 2:32 AM
played 5 min. thats all i could stand, had to click 2 times to get next tip from that awfull sounding mouse. coudlnt move around, thumn=bs down for this game

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 30, 10 2:40 AM
Hi patnsky, I just wanted to say I know his voice is aggrevating, and I thought this IHOG was too. My son played the demo and had a good time, so when he asked for it, I couldn't say no. Take Care

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 30, 10 4:28 AM
Its a great game for younger fans from hogs, but nothing for me. Happy gaming to everyone!

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Apr 30, 10 7:33 AM
29 minutes to complete.

I would not recommend this for anyone above that age of 10. And even that's pushing it because children may not like the constant back and forth just to complete one space.

Lame. Sorry. Just how I feel.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 30, 10 8:10 AM
This might be a good children's HOG if the graphics were better. Very fuzzy due to low resolution - it was hard to even tell what the object was - just an indistinct bundle of pixels. The mouse "presenter" was annoying to me but might not be to a child. I would recommend the "I Spy" series over this for children - hands down.

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 8:15:04 AM PST

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 30, 10 11:56 AM
I just played the whole demo and I was almost done after an hour. Actually I SHOULD have been done.
So is there anything past the 6 locations to search? If not, this is the shortest game I've ever tried.
It was a bit fun and the mouse did not bother me too too much. Yes a few objects are hard to find and the screen moves very slowly with the arrows.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 30, 10 12:16 PM
the barnyard series of cartoons is cute - as was the film - but the game seems to hover between the older and younger players... i think this is a good "family" game - where a younger person would have the enjoyment of a cute game related to a cartoon they like to watch and the older would fill in the gaps of patience and planning... in all, i think as a team effort, this game would be great!

for me, playing as an advanced IHOG veteran, it was very silly and at times annoying... i hate it when i am constantly prompted in a game to do this and do that... for younger players, this would be good, but there is no mode differentiation... like in the nancy drew games where you can play junior or senior detective... even so i finished in under forty minutes and there is no other search... on the main menu after finishing, your progress is reported as 100% and there is no alternative, but to start over and see if you can do better... again something that a younger player might enjoy...

my niece likes the cartoon and absolutely loved the movie! so i may download this on her computer to play it with her and see if she enjoys it... she likes 'i spy' type of games that are featured in her highlights magazines and wants to play some of my quirkier HOGs, like sunnyville and lucky junction, but can't read all the words yet... when she is bursting with vocabulary, i know she will be a HOG fan, but right now she is mastering the art of M3s and trying to learn TM games... i let her play the farm frenzy games because they don't stop at the end of time and say "you lose" like my jane games... so i think that as a team we might be able to have a lot of fun with this one!

here's to gaming with the little person in your life!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 30, 10 2:58 PM
Bugger! Had I known it was only that search area, I would never have used a credit! Why oh why, didn't I come in here first?

[Post New]by jrmaass on Apr 30, 10 4:36 PM
The game is ok. Im done after a little over an hour. Is that it? It just sits there after Ive gotten 100% on all the places and have found everyone. Now what?

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Apr 30, 10 6:48 PM
I finished the game before my demo was up. Cute for kids, but that's about it.

krisamata
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krisamata on Apr 30, 10 7:55 PM
boring and short. finished it in 29 mins, the mouse was irritating the sounds were annoying

and what really drove me nuts was the fact that after i found the character (long before i found all the items) when i did find the items the mouse still showed me the foot steps

i would NOT recommend this to anyone.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 30, 10 10:02 PM
My son finished the game right before the demo was up, he was even having me watch him mess around with the farmer and the T.V. When he finished the game he said that's it! I said it sure looks that way . He is so cute, he says I don't want it after all, it was too short. I'll just wait to play Ranch Rush 2 with you, mom. I know a few members that did like it, and good for them.. Happy Gaming!!

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on May 1, 10 4:40 AM
Aha! A licensed game? That would explain the obvious...quality.

For me, this game was like the opposite of an anger management class. I might finish it if I was still a kid and I got to kill the mouse every time it talked.

[Post New]by nikkislayer on May 1, 10 5:29 AM
I thought the game was ok with nice graphics. Found it a bit too short as I was able to complete it within the trial period. I also found the mouse very annoying at times especially when I had already rescued the trapped animal and then found all the items and yet it still went through the motions for locating the trapped animal.

Game great for kids and as an introduction for people who have never really played HOG games before but I think it is way too short for the serious HOG gamers.

Regards Nikki

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on May 1, 10 4:14 PM
WOW

I'm gobsmacked at how annoying this is & how awful the HOs quality is! It's one of those click on everything that doesn't belong in the scene things, so not at all challenging despite the fact that the HOs are fuzzy & discolored & not at all what ou'd think they'd look like. LMAO @ the anger mgmt thing b/c I couldn't get thru one scene w/o wanting to scream SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP at the stupid mouse! Amazingly bad game.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on May 1, 10 6:26 PM
Thanks Scarlet! Yeah, I think I finally blew a fuse the 20th time the mouse let me know how awesome it would be to have some clippers to trim the grass with.

Go to: