Access Violation

[Post New]by maddave on Sep 7, 17 3:27 AM
I paid for this game 2 years ago now I cannot play it because I get an access violation 0x004A2FFD comes up when I try to open this game, I have re-downloaded it a few times to see wether it was during the download that this problem occurred but it wasn't, now asking anyone who can help me out.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:Access Violation

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 7, 17 4:50 PM
@maddave
Try this, it's worth a go,
Current fix for games that won't play in windows 10-
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

[Post New]by Spunkey1949 on Sep 7, 17 7:26 PM
I did what you recommended and it finally let me into the game but there's a wide blue bar across the screen that rolls through each scene. Do you know how to get rid of this?

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 7, 17 8:14 PM
Sorry Spunkey1949,
that's a new one on me! never heard of that particular issue.
Have you readjusted the screen resolution back to normal?
Otherwise I think the best thing you can do is contact tech support and ask them.
Top of the page in the blue bar- click Help.
Click More
Click contact customer support.
On the right of the page Click contact Customer Support by email, in the first sentence of the help article.

You can also perform a Dr Felix report to help the tech team-
Click Help
Click More
This time, on the left of the page, there are two links you can click-
Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report- will give you all the info you need about how to do a diagnostics report
Attach a file to an email - will tell you how to attach the finished Dr Felix report to your email to the tech department.
If you wish to send a Dr Felix report you should do this first, then attach the report results to the email you want to send to the tech department (via the above link), as well as , obviously, writing in the email who you are and what the problem is.
I wish you the best of luck and sorry I couldn't help more.

Go to: