Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 9, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 9:19:45 AM PST

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Sep 9, 17 7:48 AM
Just started playing the demo and the game has already locked up. I am at the shadowy figure puzzle and it won't let me skip. As soon as I click on it my computer locks up.
Playing on Windows 10, 64 bit.
Please help. Looks like a really good one.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Sep 9, 17 8:29 AM
same thing here and I never get any problem. also playing on Windows 10,64 bits ???

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Sep 9, 17 9:03 AM
Same here, except I am not skipping the puzzle. If I run out of moves to win the puzzle it locks up and it won't let me start again. I have to escape from BF and start again. I have done this 3 times just to be sure it isn't just me!! New laptop , windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 9:18 AM
Greetings Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 9:18:44 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 9:25 AM
Hi, Everybody!

In addition to the standard technical post the Moderation Team makes in each premium game's forum, I want to address and troubleshoot the technical issues mentioned before I swam over. Let's look into them right away.

When a game freezes, I recommend taking a look at whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Display glitches can sometimes cause a game to freeze, and since the driver handles how graphics display on the screen, installing a new version can sometimes fix the matter. Please see the help page below for those instructions.

It'd also be a good idea to run the game in Administrator Mode. This will ensure that the game has the permissions to access all of the resources it needs to run smoothly. Below is the help article with containing those instructions.

Should those steps not fix the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to takeover from the forums.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Sep 9, 17 10:09 AM
Well I am playing on a MacBook Pro and the same thing is happening to me in the same place...Locks up and have to force quit.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 9, 17 10:18 AM
Same problem here;desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. First time a game has locked up on me in years.

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Sep 9, 17 10:20 AM
I ran into the same problem with the figure game, when the box that pops up that you need to try again, I had checked the box and that is when it froze. I went back in and now if I don't check that box it allows me to try again. Hope this works!!!

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 10:20:52 AM PST

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Sep 9, 17 10:23 AM
Its the box that says "Please do not show me again" to clarify !

blessed34
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by blessed34 on Sep 9, 17 10:56 AM
I just had the same problem. Going to try again. Hopefully I can play, looks like a good game.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 9, 17 11:02 AM
I'm playing on a new MacBook Pro MacOS Sierra. Had to adjust screen res to get the game to work properly. I really object to having to fiddle with settings to get a game to work.
If a game is made for Mac, it should 'just work' on a Mac!

It wasn't a 'bad' game, but I never buy games that need me to mess about before they work, as unless I'm playing from start to finish in a day I can't remember which screen res I needed to use.

This only ever happens with 'Daily Magic' games :-(

Game also started with a message that 'files were corrupted', but played without a hitch once I'd tried a few different screen res settings!

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 11:03:47 AM PST

Can't download purchased game

[Post New]by Needles1352 on Sep 9, 17 12:39 PM
I played the demo with no problems, but I just purchased the full version and the game won't download. I have a six month old Windows 10 computer so everything is pretty much current and I even turned off any virus protection to see if that helped. Every time I try it just says "error downloading". The demo downloaded just fine.

OK - fixed it myself. If anyone else has this issue, I had to delete the demo and then the full version would install. Crazy, I know. I'm blaming Irma.

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 1:01:18 PM PST

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on Sep 9, 17 12:49 PM
Unfortunately I'm having the same problem in the same puzzle. Looked like fun but I'll wait until BFG or devs fix the glitch. Too many other games to worry over this one.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 9, 17 12:54 PM
I didn't have any problems with the game freezing, but when I went into the Achievements page, it started to make a weird noise, when I scrolled down the achievements page. I think it was the sound effects of scrolling, but it kept getting louder, even when I wasn't using the slider bar, the sound continued when I exited out to the game again. I had to quit the game, and reopen it, I won't be checking those achievements again!

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on Sep 9, 17 1:07 PM
RIHope08 wrote:Its the box that says "Please do not show me again" to clarify !

Followed this advice and was able to continue Still should have a "fix"
Thanks

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 1:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry there have been troubles playing this game, and I want to thank everyone who has offered troubleshooting solutions. I want to provide some more help, too.

If the game won't download, please try adjusting the network settings in the Big Fish Games and downloading the game in Alternate Mode. The help page below will walk you through that process.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Since it sounds like the game has been freezing on Macs, I'd suggest those players take a look at the help page below.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Lastly, for players whose game freezes at the puzzle with the ghostly figure, it sounds like not checking the box that says, "Please do not show me again," will fix that. If the option to uncheck the box isn't presented, please try updating the computer's video card driver and running the game with administrator permissions. Just in case, I've included the help pages with those instructions below.

Should the solutions I've suggested not fix your game, please contact our Technical Support Team, who'll be the best equipped to assist you going forward. I also want to assure everyone that I'll pass these reports along to the appropriate teams to make them aware of the glitches; though the Moderation Team isn't involved in making changes to the game, we're here to ensure your feedback reaches the right people.

Thank you for your understanding. Please PM Me or another moderator if any questions come up. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by GlacierMyst on Sep 9, 17 2:21 PM
Yep, Same issues with Windows 10 on PC. Have already tried all the "supposed" fixes. No go. This seems to be happening much more often lately on games that are supposedly Windows 10 Compatible.. Can't even get past the setup screen. Freezes, no cursor showing, only way to close is to go into Task Manager and close the app down. Too bad we keep getting told to go "fix" the PC when the game should be playable without issues before it goes on the market.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 3:12 PM
Hello GlacierMyst,

Thank you for reaching out. Since the suggested fixes haven't worked, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a new solution.

As someone who greatly enjoys the games we offer, I definitely understand wanting a title to be playable when it's released. The game developers work incredibly hard to deliver the best products possible, but on occasion, unanticipated errors will arise.

That's when the Moderation Team will swim deeper into the pond and do our best to troubleshoot the glitch.

We try to offer suggestions that have worked for other players in the past, and our focus is on improving the relationship between the computer and the game. I sincerely apologize if I've given the impression, through these instructions, that the game would work if the computer is fixed. I will strive to do better in the future.

Thank you, as always, for your patience. The Moderation Team and I are reachable by PM. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions or concerns.

bfgBeruna

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Sep 9, 17 9:01 PM
no tech issues or problems here - using win 8.1 on a PC.

Go to: