Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 9, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/09/2017 at 9:19:26 AM PST

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Anged on Sep 9, 17 5:01 AM
I wonder why the colours in the games get darker and darker. If you don't have great eyesight its really difficult to play. I'm not sure I'll even try the demo.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 9, 17 6:49 AM
I'm not one for a big creep feast! But hopefully this is just his mind causing him to see the creepy figures! Cause its a pretty interesting game! I have no problem deleting a game if I'm not finished if it starts to creep me out! Its funny how the monster type games are usually on sale & fairy tale lighter one are usually regular priced! My opinion is theirs more spooky games the Devs are coming out w/ & BF doesn't have much of a choice!

Anged: there is a brightness bar in options mines 1/2 way up, maybe that'll help brighten it up for you! Yah my eyes don't work that well anymore

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 9, 17 7:14 AM
Our minds tend to block terrifying events as a coping mechanism, to help us survive. Our dreams however, don't always get the memo, and sometimes we're forced to relive horrifying events of the past, events we've tried so hard to forget. On this fateful night, Reynell's nightmares come to fruition, as his dreams open portals of his past from Sullivan River to Norwich Caves, back to where his troubles first began. A nightmare filled with Shadows of those who haunt his life. It is said that a man who cannot find his deepest memories, will wake up, but what happens if he does find his deepest memory?

SABLE MAZE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Sullivan River (September 30-12) 4.0
2-Norwich Caves (August 29-13) 4.0
3-Forbidden Garden (July 24-14) 3.5
4-Twelve Fears (May 14-15) 3.6
5-Soul Catcher (December 31-15) 3.7
6-Sinister Knowledge (September 8-16) 4.2
7-Nightmare Shadows (September 9-17) n/a

This Collector's Edition has 13 Developer Diary pictures, 18 Concept Art pictures, 12 Wallpapers, 15 Family Pictures to collect, 15 hidden Shadow People, 4 Music Soundtracks, 15 Achievements to earn, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy the Shadows!

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Sep 9, 17 8:59 AM
Hi Fishies. I don't know about you guys in the States, but us in Canada, we are teaching our children to stop bullying others. So, I can 't say I did enjoy this game very much, in fact not at all.

But everybody is free to try and see if they want to play !

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 9:19 AM
Howdy There,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sable Maze: Nightmare Shadows Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by boyer97873 on Sep 9, 17 1:54 PM
GAME GLITCH can't get the brush from the chair in the lobby, soooo I can't clean up glass. help

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Sep 9, 17 3:14 PM
I love the reviews on this page. On the main page, I see everyone giving every game 5 stars. Unless they think every game is just perfect wonderful, I don't see how this is helpful at all. I want to know the good, bad, and ugly of a game.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Sep 9, 17 4:13 PM
WOW... Thanks Daily Magic Prod. This is one of the BEST games I've ever played. Going in my top 10 favorites. I was not happy to see yet another portal, but I don't think I care because this game is FANTASTIC. Hope others enjoy it as much as I am.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 9, 17 6:59 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others who do a much better job than I. Wow, I beta tested this addition to this series way back in February! Yep, #7 with this one. Game play was excellent, with no problems at all. Colors are clear, bright and true. Graphics and animation are nicely done. Music was rather soothing and quiet, but it picked up when something was either happening or about to happen. The sound FX were fairly quiet in this one, mostly what I heard was the sound of a very quiet storm or wind, and usually just outside. Now and then you heard something slam or drop. Character interaction was practically nil in this one. You rarely had any "human" contact. This would have helped to explain what was happening and why as the game progressed. I can't seem to get into a game that has very little dialog. It's just too quiet.

HOPs are a combination of interactive lists, silhouettes and fragments. The scenes are very clear and items are not difficult to find. You are not over-run with HOPs, but you do repeat the same HOP more than once. I did not see that you could switch to a match 3, or anything else, but I really wasn't looking either. Puzzles are not difficult, but a couple were a little tricky. Hint system is very helpful and you do have the transport feature for longer distances. This is a very helpful feature, as there is quite a lot of running back and forth, and you stay in the same few locations for quite some time. SG is easy to follow if you need it, and the pictures of where collectibles can be found are quit clear and large enough to actually see.

Collectibles are not many and very simple. There is a shadow person in some scenes, but not all. They really aren't that difficult to find, as they are quite large so far. You also have pictures. So far, it's family pictures. Not sure what these are for, but watch for them. These were disappointing and needed something more...maybe some morphing items.

I really like this series, and I do have all of the others. I did not find that this one was anywhere near as good as the last. The story seemed to move quite slowly and was just pieces and parts thrown together. It did not have a nice flow, so it was a little muddy as to what was happening and why. There is nothing new about this story. We have travel to the past and finding memories...for what? Personally, I do not feel this one is CE worthy. As I said, there was no real challenge, just moved to slowly to keep my interest, and seems to be geared more toward the beginner. I'm sure some will find this one quite enjoyable, but I did not. I will put it in my puddle and wait to see if I like the SE version better, as I often do. I will recommend this one for beginners or someone who just wants an easy, no nothing game. I have some of those too.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Sep 10, 17 7:08 AM
boyer97873 wrote:GAME GLITCH can't get the brush from the chair in the lobby, soooo I can't clean up glass. help

If you haven't already done so, post this problem on the Technical Issues thread. You should get help there.

mauntana
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by mauntana on Sep 10, 17 7:33 AM
I don't write reviews because I usually have created the Strategy Guide for the game and am so tired of playing it, I can't give a good review. This game is the exception. I loved this game and really enjoyed doing the SG. If you like puzzles of varying degrees of difficulty that fit the story line, this is a good game for you.

The story itself is interesting and keeps you guessing. In short, the main character is reliving his life through his dreams so you're along for the ride. It makes you wonder if the dreams are real or a distortion of the facts. It's all done so well with twists and turns that make you go "hmmmm".

I don't get paid to endorse a game--just to write the SG--so this is from the heart. No matter your gaming proficiency this game has something for everyone. Enjoy!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 10, 17 10:20 AM
mauntana wrote:The story itself is interesting and keeps you guessing. In short, the main character is reliving his life through his dreams so you're along for the ride. It makes you wonder if the dreams are real or a distortion of the facts. It's all done so well with twists and turns that make you go "hmmmm".

I just played through the main game and could not agree with you more. The storytelling in this game is exceptional and kept me interested until the very end. Please don't dismiss the game based on 20 minutes of the demo thinking it's just the same old, same old, because it's not.

The game also has a very good length and is extremely good value for the money.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 10, 17 12:28 PM
@Foxy57

I think that the point of this game is to show that bullying can lead to deep seeded lifelong psyche conflicts. That a person can still function, but with a bruised ego, it's often difficult to perform well at work,(the main character had issues sleeping, therefor had issues getting to work on time) or have a normal relationship, (his wife was worried that he would not get to work on time again, thus may not receive a bonus) because bullying left the victim with a feeling of worthlessness (towards the end of the demo, he set gears to reflect his personality which said he had a high imagination, average diligence, low self discipline, average work ethics etc.)

One of the reasons I liked this game was because, for me, it had an underlying message, one that showed the horrors and consequences of bullying. I don't think the intention of this game was to condone bullying, quite the opposite, just food for thought, looking at it from a different perspective

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 10, 17 12:59 PM
@ Foxy57 and pennmom36
In relation to bullying, the game certainly does not endorse bullying. The comment below explains what happens later in the game, which sheds some light on why bullying is not actually involved. SOME SPOILERS Highlight to read-
If you play to the end of the game, nearer the end of the game you find out that he had warped the memory of his previous school experience. Where he thought that he had been fighting, bullied and had bad grades, and was therefore sent to a school for troubled children, it was shown that he was just sleep deprived, actually had very good grades, and was actually sent to a resort briefly to try and help him sleep better.

His memories of school were warped as a result of a traumatic experience that happened near that time, and he was actually very good at school.
His moving school wasn't explained too well, but I imagine it was related to him having to move house because of the incident, which will make sense to those who have played the whole game and know what the incident was.

To sum up, the bullying, which was shown to be related to his propensity to getting into fights making him be seen as crazy, and his bad grades at school, were all made up.

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 6:41:11 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 10, 17 3:31 PM
@sazoria

Thanks for the update I'm currently playing Maze SE, I usually wait until the SE version becomes available, and then I replay that version, and go back to the CE version and finish up, that way I can compare both versions for my review with a fresh perspective. I was just pointing out that the game wasn't indicating that bulling was a good thing

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Sep 10, 17 6:04 PM

Fellow Fishes,

Just a friendly reminder to post spoiler warnings when including critical game details especially in the review thread. Thanks, and happy gaming!

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 10, 17 6:40 PM
@pennmom36
Absolutely, I totally get that you were pointing this out
The game is definitely not saying that bullying is alright and I just wanted to point out exactly why.
My comment was addressed to you both as you were both discussing it, but it was mainly aimed at politely disagreeing with foxy57's comment, as they pointed out that Canada does not condone bullying and that is why they did not want to buy the game. Obviously I completely understand Foxy's position, had that been the case, but this may give others the idea that the game promotes this issue, and might put others off buying it, so I thought it might be best to point out some future (vague) plot points that show why bullying not only wasn't condoned, but wasn't even involved.
Hopefully Foxy57 wont mind me politely disagreeing with them, they are Canadian and I am English, we're both peoples known for excessive politeness!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 16, 17 11:51 PM
This was just a fabulous game and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Creep factor is very high which I enjoy and the story line is great. HOS are varied from lists to FROGS to progressive and there aren't a ton of them. Graphics are of high quality and the puzzles aren't pull-your-hair-out difficult but appropriate to the game. And a wonderful Bonus game to boot. Well done!!!

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Sep 23, 17 10:05 PM
I didn't like this game at all. From the crummy home to the nightmare. What are FROGS?

Go to: