kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

Forced to Update

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 9, 17 9:39 AM
What I see on the Forums relative to the September update is quite negative, so I decided to keep playing without it. However, Gummy Drop will not let me continue the game until I install the update, I'm not happy about this ! !

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Forced to Update

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 9, 17 12:22 PM
Hello kailuaauntie,

It sounds like game is forcing an update. I definitely understand feeling frustration over this. I would encourage downloading the update and contacting our Gummy Drop! Support Team if any troubles are caused by it. If there's any feedback about the update that you'd like to provide, the Support Team can also pass that along to the appropriate people.

Thanks for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by Gmerre on Sep 10, 17 12:31 AM
I am very far from the end of this game, so I don't need to add new cities. The bonus cities are fun, but not worth having to reload every single city I've completed after each update. These forced updates have some definite drawbacks for players and feel very coercive. Please consider making updates optional!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 11, 17 8:48 AM
Hi Gmerre,

Welcome to the forums! As stated by bfgBeruna, it is understandable the frustration that one may have regarding downloading an update. Please keep in mind that is it recommended to download updates to ensure that any changes or fixes made to the game are placed on your device. It is possible that updates may contain fixes for previously mentioned cities if you aren't towards the end of the available content.

We also understand the concern regarding reloading every city after an update. Please note that when an update is released, cities will need to be downloaded once more to ensure that they are on the correct version. This also ensures that progress is saved to the server.

If players have any issues with the updates, it is recommended to reach out to our Gummy Drop Support Team. The Support Team is always happy to help with the tools provided to them.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 11, 17 9:03 AM
There is an underlying problem with being forced to update the game. If travelling, and having little internet access, it's entirely possible to be locked out of the game because of an inability to download the cities all over again. It would be much more sensible for users to be able to defer an update until they are in a location with good internet access. Microsoft allow users to do this with operating system updates, and I suspect those updates are far more important to have quickly than an update to a game.
You say it is recommended to download updates. The way GD downloads are handled does 'recommend' it forces the download.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 11, 17 1:12 PM
Well, I had lasted for a while and was holding my breath regarding the infamous update. They got me today! Was forced to update!

So, guess I'll spend the rest of the afternoon UPDATING!!!!!!

Arrg!!
Fish

Go to: