lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Hurricane Irma update for lorwar

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 9, 17 4:02 PM
Hey all. Still waiting for Irma to show up. Very stressed and very scared. They are talking epic storm surge BUT we seem to be high enough to not have to evacuate. Currently just chilling out with the family and my best friend. I convinced her to stay with us so her and her cat are here too. Please pray for us. I have never prayed this hard in my life. I will update when i can.

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Hurricane Irma update for lorwar

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 10, 17 10:15 PM
We made it ok. Doesn't seem to be much damage here but haven't been able to check much yet. Power is out but i can deal with that for now. That was one of the scariest days i ever went through.

[Post New]by davepagsny on Sep 11, 17 6:03 AM
That's great.

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Sep 11, 17 2:58 PM
My dear lorwar...I'm so very happy and thankful that you and many others are safer than the predictions said. I've known that feeling of 'the scariest time', and when it's over..you take a deep breath and thank whomever you believe in.

Thank you lorwar, for letting us know you are ok!

Teddy

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 4:30:10 PM PST

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 12, 17 4:11 AM
We really got lucky here. We have no water or power but we have each other and the damage is mostly cosmetic. We were able to take a ride yesterday and it isnt pretty around us. Our condo complex had minor damage but the streets surrounding us got hit pretty hard. Its amazing how that works sometimes.

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Sep 12, 17 2:07 PM
Having each other is the most important blessing, lorwar! I thank you for letting us be a little part of your life and others during this situation and reaching out. I assume your best friend and 'cat' are ok?

Take care and stay well!

Teddy

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 13, 17 2:47 AM
My best friend and cat are doing good. We are all just hot and tired. FPL has restored almost 100,000 customers in our area since Monday so hopefully we get power soon. Got water back yesterday afternoon at least.

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 14, 17 6:33 AM
Day 4(I think) of no power. Still no word on power but the National Guard is here now. They set up shop at the school across the street from us last night. Those people amaze me. Handing out water and food in 90 degree heat while in full uniform. We walked over just to says thanks. Rough estimate is September 22 for power. Why can't hurricanes hit in November when the humidity is lower? Keeping our fingers crossed that power returns today but until then it's off to search for more D batteries for the fans. Hope to be back soon.

Teddyfish
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by Teddyfish on Sep 14, 17 3:37 PM
Hello again..lorwar...however bad your situation is, I loved your thoughts about the amazing response of the National Guard while handing out food, water in high temps while in uniform. Good thing for all of us to hear!

Lorwar..so wish I could help with your problems, sorry..I can only think my positive thoughts for you and others in Florida. I have two very close internet friends there that I haven't heard from in three days. I'm a bit crazy right now..but still thinking positive!

Hang in there my dear, we'll be looking forward to you being back here!

Teddy

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 7:21:04 PM PST

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 15, 17 2:59 AM
Teddy, alot of the state is without power so communication is difficult. Between our car charger and verizon we have been able to keep in touch with most of the people we know. Some of the harder hit areas have cell towers down as well. Floridians are a resilient bunch. Times like this really bring out a sense of community. Between neighbors helping neighbors to clean up and all the local businesses that are pitching in, we got this. I just want to keep people up to date. Rein and Grey were a great support system before the storm so I wanted to make sure people knew that we made it out ok. We are hot and tired with nerves hanging by a thread but we can do this. No hurricane will stop us!

lorwar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lorwar on Sep 17, 17 5:39 AM
Woohoo! Got power back yesterday afternoon. Still no internet but i really don't care at this point. Comcast couldn't restore service until the power was back on so now we wait. I am so thankful for the men from Virginia who restored our power. They worked for about 12 hours in oppressive heat and humidity just to get our grid back up. Thank God for all the first responders, military and restoration crews. They are an amazing group of people.

[Post New]by Greyhound91 on Sep 17, 17 2:44 PM
lorwar I am so glad to have happened on this post and find out you are OK. We have been wondering. I will make sure to spread the news in chat as all may not know about this post. Continued prayers of thanks for your safety and for a safe and speedy recovery for you and your neighbors. Hope to see you back whacking bushes soon.

Hugs,
Grey

Rein1962
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Rein1962 on Sep 18, 17 4:41 AM
Hi Lorwar
Glad you are safe and sound. Grey sent me an email to check out your post here in the forums. Although being with out power is a pain, I am just thankful that is all you are having to put up with. Will keep you in my prayers that life returns to normal soon.

Hugs
Rein

bfgBeruna
902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 20, 17 4:11 PM
Hello lorwar,

On behalf of the Moderation Team, I'm glad that you're safe and that the power has been turned back on. You and your community are in our thoughts, and we're wishing you all of the best.

bfgBeruna

Go to: