Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Maze: Nightmare Realm here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 10, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 7:04:50 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Maze: Nightmare Realm here.

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 10, 17 6:00 AM
Based on the demo: I made a note to myself to revisit this game as an SE when the CE came out, but having now done so, I'm still not sold. I'd like to see where the storyline goes, but even if that aspect of this game is great, the gameplay just isn't there to support it. The HO scenes & mini-games alike in this demo are lacking in both creativity & challenge, & based on reviews I've read of the CE, this is a short game, as well. The truth is, I'm getting tired of throwing good money after bad w/ these folks, buying games that seem promising only to be disappointed. They are fast approaching being permanently relegated to the "maybe as an SE w/ a coupon" category w/ me, & this game doesn't look to even qualify for that.

Editing to add something I meant to mention, but forgot: The demo took me just 39 minutes to complete, which means it now holds the record for shortest demo for me. And it's not because I was rushing...I was on my first cup of joe at the time, & therefore barely even functional.

Edited on 09/10/2017 at 6:55:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 10, 17 7:05 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Maze: Nightmare Realm here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Maze: Nightmare Realm.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Sep 10, 17 7:29 PM
I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game from beginning to end. After having problems finding games that would work with Windows 10 lately, I was afraid this might be another one, but happily it played without a hitch. Lots of mini-games and problems to solve and certainly not boring for me.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 11, 17 5:21 AM
I love this series because I love creepy games, the creepier the better. Yes, I love a lot of different series, I'm addicted to HOPA games for sure, but I suppose that if I didn't love most of the games offered, there'd be no need of a membership lol. When I rate a game, my biggest consideration is whether or not the demo held my attention. If while playing the demo, I feel distracted, bored or know how the story develops and wonder if it's ever going to end, I'm probably not going to buy the CE or SE version. If I'm so engrossed in a game, that the abrupt ending of the demo takes me by surprise, or I just gotta know how the story ends, I know I have a winner, (for me personally). I wait until a there's a sale that makes the CE the same price as an SE, and buy the game, but I usually wait until the SE version is released to finish playing it. I then play the demo again but in the SE version, then I finish playing the game in the CE version. This way, both versions are fresh in my mind, and I don't confuse the current game with other games I've played. I do love the extra's offered in most games, particularly Morphing Objects, so I usually prefer the CE over the SE in most cases. I deducted a star on this version of Maze, only because I felt that after the demo, the nightmares were all pretty much the same, and didn't hold my interest at all times. However, I have played a ton of HOPA games, so I've pretty much seen it all, several times over. So here's a recap of my review to help you decide which version, if either, is right for you:
Welcome to Timmy's nightmare, welcome to another creepy Mad Head game! I don't think this game is as epic as Subject 360, and the storyline is very similar to Stranded Dreamscapes: The Prisoner, but MH knows how to put the mad into madness with just a touch of twisted insanity and warped visions of a nightmarish realm!
Timmy's father is a doctor who specializes in dreams, but has been unable to bring Timmy back to reality. Aunt Christine however, specializes in nightmares, and has agreed to enter Timmy's nightmare, and help him fight the demons that are haunting him. There's just one problem, Jimmy doesn't want to leave, until he completes his "dare"
In the Collector's Edition version, there are 31 Collectible Hidden Signs, some of which are very well hidden. There are also 19 Morphing Objects in the CE, one in each of the Hidden Object Scenes. I prefer the Morphs in each location, not in the HOP's, but Mad Head games seem to only offer them within the HOP's on all of their games. Honestly, the CE game doesn't have enough of a wow factor as far as the extra's go, to warrant the price difference, so this Standard Edition is probably the better choice.

MAZE GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Collector's Edition Release Date***Average Rating
1-Subject 360 (August 1-15) 4.6
2-The Broken Tower (October 8-16) 4.1
3-Nightmare Realm (August 12-17) 4.0

The Collector's Edition has Wallpapers, 8 Character pictures, 31 Collectible Hidden Signs, 19 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 10 Morphing Objects within the HOP's, 10 Achievements to earn in several categories, 34 Mini Games, 5 Music Soundtracks, Jigsaw Puzzles to assemble, a built in Strategy Guide and a Bonus Chapter, enjoy!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 28, 17 4:16 AM

I love creepy dark games. Not a fan of fantasy etc. so this series has suited my taste.

This tried to come close, but it was not a patch on the first Maze in this series. That one gripped me enough to finish it in one day, unheard of with any other game, and I've been playing here for years.

Having said that, I'd like this series to continue if they can beef it up a bit and not drop their standards to try and suit all tastes.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 27, 17 11:21 AM
enjoying this game . I got the se edition with my free game code.

Go to: