ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

SOS: bug with the brush?

[Post New]by ruthkr on Sep 10, 17 9:41 AM
In the college chapter, I used the anti rust spray on the chair and got the note, but then it wouldn't let me grab the brush. Now I can't access that section. Yet i need the brush to proceed in the game (hint just keeps telling me there's nothing to do). Has anyone else had that problem? Thank you!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

Re:SOS: bug with the brush?

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 10, 17 10:53 AM
I presume that you used the tissue as well as the anti rust spray?
and you can no longer zoom in on the chair?

If that is the case then I can only suggest the usual fix attempts to see if anything works, as this is obviously a little glitch.
To see if the game 'resets' and you can access the chair again-
You could try closing down game and restarting.
You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (when you do this your game progress should remain saved once you reinstall).
You could try running the game as an administrator (instructions in help section, link at top of page).
You could try running game in compatibility mode (instructions in help section, link at top of page).
There are other options that you can rad about in the Help section as well, and if all else fails you can contact BFG customer support for more help.

I'd hope that one of these things would fix the problem as it doesn't seem like a massive programming glitch, but rather one of those little ones where the game misses doing something but can be reset pretty easily with one of these fixes.

[Post New]by RainMeadow on Sep 12, 17 2:33 PM
I am also having this issue with the brush. I tried all the suggestions given and even started a new file, all to no avail. Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

[Post New]by mjzltc on Sep 13, 17 9:46 AM
Same problem with the Brush. Everywhere I Go hint states"nothing to do here"

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by ruthkr on Sep 16, 17 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I ended up just restarting the game from scratch as another player and was able to pick up the brush . . . kind of annoying, but a good game.

[Post New]by RainMeadow on Sep 18, 17 9:26 PM
Still having the issue with the brush. I have tried all suggestions in this thread and no go. I tried starting over as a different character (4 times) which was suggested recently. I really want to play this game. Iv'e been with BFG since '06 when I bought my first game: Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon. I never had a reason to post, till now. Unfortunately I'm feeling a serious lack of help. This is a perfect example why I'm a non poster. Regardless of those feelings, I would still appreciate ANY help in this situation.

I will also post this in the TECH thread where my previous post was also ignored.

Go to: