SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Missing powerups

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 17 9:49 AM
Is it just me, or do all the powerups except the star disappear after the first 20 or so levels? Not sure if this is the developer's way of making the game harder from that point onwards, but I'm currently at level 51 and the only extras appearing in the boards are the star and the add marbles blocker pieces.

The overall difficulty also seems to have stopped increasing after the first 25 levels and the gameplay now seems more like an endurance contest with shuffling the marbles around properly until the level is done. I would've liked to have the bomb and remove color powerups throughout because it would've made playing a bit less tedious. Oh well, live and learn...I'm glad I bought the game during a sale because it's not worth full price IMO.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Missing powerups

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 10, 17 9:05 PM
I answered my own question. The rest of the powerups came back on level 51 when I reopened the game. Don't know if I somehow triggered a glitch in the game earlier after buying it, or if the lack of powerups is part of the game at that point.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Missing powerups

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 11, 17 9:47 AM
Here's something else I noticed. When you open the game each time, you get all the powerups in the levels for about 15 levels. Then for whatever reason, some of them will disappear. You will either get only the star/add marbles or bombs/remove color/add marbles. If you close the game and restart it, all the powerups come back. Which powerup(s) go away seems to be random, so if you're like me and prefer to have bombs/remove color, exit the game and restart it.

Another tip: Hitting the star with a marble doesn't make that marble go away. The marble will set the star off and then keep going until it hits something to stop it. Therefore you have to be careful with which marble you choose to trigger a star so it doesn't keep going through and hit a add marbles anti-powerup.

Go to: