Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 11, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 5:34:39 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 11, 17 5:34 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Helpas they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Yknott77
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Yknott77 on Sep 11, 17 1:29 PM
I'm running on windows 10. Can not play game in full screen mode. I keep getting an error box.

[Post New]by missylee63 on Sep 11, 17 2:20 PM
Windows 10
Now I can not get the screen to go to full screen. I put it into window mode to check something on the internet and when I went back to the game and clicked on full screen this screen came up..Game cannot be open in full screen mode because some problem with driver of videodapter can not launched in windowed mode. I tried uninstalling then re installing, it didn't help..

I rebooted and now all I get is a black screen that I can't get rid of, have to hit the ctrl,alt, delete. I just love this game, I don't know what to do now.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 2:44 PM
Hello Yknott77 and missylee63,

I'm sorry the game won't play in full screen mode and really want to help fix that.

Sometimes when a game isn't displaying properly on a desktop computer's monitor, using the auto-adjust feature on the monitor can be helpful. Where the auto-adjust feature appears varies by model, but there should be a button labeled Auto-Adjust or Auto somewhere on the monitor.

Should that not work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Yknott77
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Yknott77 on Sep 11, 17 3:07 PM
Thank you but mine is already set to auto.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 11, 17 3:32 PM
Hello Yknott77,

If the auto-adjust feature has already been used, then I'd recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. They'll have the ability to provide a different solution. I wish you the best of luck, and please know the Moderation Team is always available via PM.

bfgBeruna

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 11, 17 4:44 PM

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 10:40:37 AM PST

[Post New]by CatskillHiker on Sep 11, 17 9:47 PM
Initial install of the game crashed my computer forcing a restart. I am running 64-bit Windows 7. Now it won't run and I can't ninstall it as it says I have the wrong version for my operating system. Tried to reinstall but that did not work. I want to uninstall and reinstall or simply uninstall and get my money back! What do I do now?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 11, 17 10:12 PM

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 10:39:56 AM PST

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Sep 12, 17 1:02 AM
Everything runs in slow motion! I had to control/alt/delete to get out of the game! I didn't have this problem with the other Cursed House games.

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 12, 17 1:43 AM

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 10:39:46 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 12, 17 11:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for a response. I'm swimming by to offer some more assistance.

We always encourage players to peruse the Big Fish Games Help pages when technical errors occur. In particular, if your game has been running slowly, we encourage taking a look at the ones below for some solutions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Slow motion issues can be indicative of display errors, so updating the video card driver, which directs how a computer's graphics appear on the screen, can fix that. Those instructions can be located in the first page. Running a game in Administrator Mode can also ensure it has the correct permissions to access all of the resources it needs. The second help page will walk you through that process.

Below is another help page with suggestions about what to do if a game isn't downloading properly.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

In particular, I'd recommend adjusting the network settings in the Big Fish Games app and trying to download the game in the default mode.

Should these steps not resolve the game's troubles or address your inquiry, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be glad to provide a new solution.

We truly appreciate your understanding and encourage you to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We'll be waiting here to help.

bfgBeruna

LobsterMann
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by LobsterMann on Sep 12, 17 11:45 AM
Extremely slow unreactive mouse on Windows 10.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 12, 17 12:05 PM
Hello LobsterMann,

Thank you for your patience and for reaching out to us. I'm swimming by to offer some troubleshooting guidance.

Some games have custom cursors. Whenever a game's cursor moves too slowly, it's a good idea to check out the settings menu to see if there's an option to turn the custom cursor off. If there is, turning it off should improve matters.

If there isn't an option to turn off a customer cursor, I'd recommend taking the steps outlined in my previous post: checking if there's an update available for the video card driver and running the game as an administrator. A slow cursor can also indicate display errors, and those troubleshooting steps are aimed at fixing them.

Should these suggestions not resolve the cursor trouble, please contact our Technical Support Team. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

kcmax
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kcmax on Sep 13, 17 3:22 PM
I'm having the same problem with Windows 10 and windows mode. I changed to windows mode to check something, and now the game will not let me go back to full screen. Please help

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 13, 17 3:27 PM
Hi kcmax,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble getting this game to go full screen. If you haven't already, please try to adjust your screen resolution with the steps in the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Screen Resolution

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide assistance beyond what the forums can provide.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

NellGwyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by NellGwyn on Sep 13, 17 5:15 PM
I am curious if anyone else has had this problem. This game simply will not download on my PC. I'm running Win 7 64 bit. I've tried everything possible.

When I go to the download folder, just Felix appears and it says "download complete". However, that is impossible since it appears in a fraction of a second and no download progress line appears. I click on it anyway, and get the "Run" screen. Click on that and all that it does is launch my BF manager. Nothing in the queue. It is listed on the website as being in my Purchase History; tried installing from that---nothing.

So apparently something is wrong within the game itself which is preventing the initial download from BF to my PC happening. No problems with other games. I see other problems here with the game that may indicate something quite serious. It is a real shame since I've anxiously been awaiting CH 4. If someone has a similar problem, please post, if only to let me know I'm not the only one with this particular issue.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 13, 17 5:25 PM
Hello NellGwyn,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the game downloading, and I appreciate the information you provided. If they haven't already been tried, I'd suggest trying some of the solutions in the help page below.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If those instructions don't work or have already been tried, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue assisting you.

Thank you for your understanding, and please PM me or another of the moderators if there are any further questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgBeruna

jaded8955
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jaded8955 on Sep 13, 17 8:47 PM
Same problem here with windows 10 and windows mode. Too bad, it was going to be a buy for me.

Go to: