Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 11, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 5:33:33 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Cursed House 4 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 11, 17 5:34 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Cursed House 4 here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Cursed House 4.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by THE_Winnie_Wonka on Sep 11, 17 1:39 PM
I'm quite disappointed. Yes, I'll still buy it, but this sticks out like a cockroach on a wedding cake when compared to previous CH titles. It's another revamped version of Laruaville. *sigh*

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 11, 17 4:20 PM
I'm enjoying the game, although not quite as much as previous games. However, the bonus games have me stumped, and after reading one explanation, I think I'll just continue to ignore them, and continue to play the main game. I like the Spot the differences in between the rounds.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Sep 11, 17 6:08 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying your new CH 4. Awesome graphics, really like the spot the difference, don't miss the solitaire, good music. The new mirrors are diabolical and drive me crazy! Can't wait to redo the mansion at the end.

Kudos to all your hard working designers!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 11, 17 8:17 PM
THE_Winnie_Wonka wrote:I'm quite disappointed. Yes, I'll still buy it, but this sticks out like a cockroach on a wedding cake when compared to previous CH titles. It's another revamped version of Laruaville. *sigh*

I'm not sure that there is anything wrong with Cursed House 4 being similar to Laruaville. I usually don't play M3 games, but I came across Laruaville a few months ago and loved the series. Seeing the comparison to Laruaville, I had to try the demo of Cursed House 4, and I am really liking it. My only negative is that I really don't care for Spot the Difference, so I will probably skip them. Overall, I really like this game.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Sep 12, 17 4:21 PM
Luv it Luv it Luv it I especially like the music-I have the other CH games and will sometimes play one just to listen to the soothing sounds-TY, Devs

LadyMorganFox
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LadyMorganFox on Sep 14, 17 1:55 PM
Pretty deceived.
I loved the Cursed House saga but this one is more a kind of remake, inspired by "Laruaville".
Nothing to stick with the first 3 chapters.
A shame...

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Sep 21, 17 10:55 AM
It's a keeper! Wasn't sure it was as good as previous...(loved the 1st and still go back from time to time !), but once I got further into it and it got more tricky I was hooked
Yes, it's similar to Laruaville cos the same devs make both, but I play both and find that they have differences too!
Play the demo n try for yourselves!
I tend to skip the spot the difference (low boredom threshold... ) but love the bonus games, and you can always restart if you really mess up...Sometimes it worked more by luck than judgement
Thank you devs, enjoy fishies

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Sep 21, 17 11:13 AM
Oooh, forgot to say thanks to FRH for the thread re:help in the tricky levels, made a big difference between floundering around vs getting it done!!!
Love you guys, keep working on those fab games!!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 21, 17 11:23 AM
thanks!
it's always pleasure to read such posts.

I would say couple of words about " it is the same as Laruaville"
1) there are completely different set of levels
2) following features added in comparison with Laruaville:
- snow
- switched off flares
- light and mirrors
- red bug
- tiles which should be horizontally matched
- bomb exploded via hit at the top
- stone/box sequence
that's all I can remember. It does not include some improvements which are not directly visible to player but allow us to make puzzle levels.

In fact, we don't have any game with such a rich set of mechanics.

We didn't change artwork for power-ups simply because their work is the same as in Laruaville 6 ( changinig, however, the artwork of the static bomb simply because it works different ).

Edited on 09/22/2017 at 7:43:29 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Sep 21, 17 11:54 AM

mkgermany
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by mkgermany on Sep 22, 17 12:26 AM
I think this is the best CH game yet! Even the "regular" levels require one to think - clicking or moving randomly seldom helps solve the puzzle - and the bonus levels are challenging yet do-able, well within my range of problem-solving ability. Most important: this game is FUN to play! Thank you so much, developers for all the work you put into this.

Eggnoggin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Eggnoggin on Sep 22, 17 5:59 PM
Fun, but I wish it would stop prompting me with "Hey, don't forget this over here!" type hints. If I'm taking a second to plan a strategy, the game seems to think I'm stuck. It would be nice to have an option to turn these off. (If there is, please tell me how!)

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Sep 22, 17 9:11 PM
no, there's no such button. Unfortunately there are too much people who switch off hints instantly and then say something like "Hey, the the game is boring, and too difficult, I'm playing 15 minutes in level 1 and can't complete it".

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by AnniNis on Sep 22, 17 9:46 PM

Edited on 10/04/2017 at 3:11:18 PM PST

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 2, 17 5:11 PM
I have just re-played Cursed House 1 & 2, and they are entirely different games than 3 & 4. Did the developers change? They don't even seem like they are the same series. What happened?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Oct 2, 17 7:58 PM
No, developers are the same

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 3, 17 5:45 AM
FRHgames wrote:No, developers are the same

Ah, thank you for replying so quickly! I do enjoy the games, but the last two just seem so similar to every other Match 3. The first two were unique. If there is a 5, would you consider bringing back the style of the first two? There is nothing else like that out there!

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Oct 4, 17 2:25 AM
well, thanks! I can't promise that but at least we will take it into account.

Go to: