Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Braveland Wizard here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 11, 17 12:47 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/11/2017 at 5:38:37 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Braveland Wizard here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 11, 17 5:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Braveland Wizard here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Braveland Wizard.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 12, 17 12:27 PM
This is a RPG with turn based strategic battles, but the graphics are old school, there's too much dialog in between battles, and you don't get to choose battles, you just move along the board in a TM fashion. It doesn't seem that much different from the first Braveland other than offering a new storyline. I will admit that I enjoy a good RPG, but I'm really not into the turn-based battles, all that much, so you should definitely try the demo for yourself.

The story begins with Diana passing her Wizard exam and receiving her Wizard Staff, but she won't earn her title until she fulfils one final task. She must travel outside of the realm to the Great Library, and its been a long time since anyone has traveled there, in fact, there hasn't even been communications between them. As Diana sets off on her journey, she joins forces with other travelers, who use their special abilities to win battles against unforeseen enemies.

Each battle shows the number of fighters each unit has, from both sides, the more fighters there are, the more dangerous the battle is. You can move your players to any highlighted cell, in a honeycomb grid arena. Some units are faster than others, some have special abilities, and that's where the strategy comes into play. Once you are close enough to fight, you click on your opponent to battle them, (in some cases it may involve shooting an arrow for example if the player is an archer) Eventually, you will be able to use special abilities, that will have a cool down period after each use. Targets that are marked with a solid circle, deal damage without penalty, and with each battle you win, you will gain experience points.

If you enjoy battle type RPG, then you'll probably enjoy this game. For me personally, I found the game to be monotonous, and the graphics less than desirable so for me personally, its a dud

TMGamer99
Salmon
Salmon
2,894 Posts

[Post New]by TMGamer99 on Sep 15, 17 12:10 AM
Although I prefer "proper" RPGs to these, I did buy Braveland. Having just re-played it to remind myself, this new version does have some improvements over the original. The main one being that there is a cave which you can use to generate battles and increase your gold. The original had a fixed number of battles, with no additional opportunity to gather resources to increase your squad.
The first was enjoyable, but very short, so I wouldn't pay the full amount, but I expect I will buy this on the next 2 for 1 sale.

Go to: