Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 12, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 5:35:59 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 12, 17 1:53 AM
And yet another game for a Mac that doesn't work on a Mac! It's just a third of the size it should be with no way of accessing play or options etc .

Changing screen res doesn't cure the issue either.

I've a new MBP macOS Sierra and all up to date.

Second CE in a row with screen res issues. I'm losing the will to live....

Why aren't Mac games beta tested?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Lillebus on Sep 12, 17 2:31 AM
Temple, after fixing tapestry. The game crashes. Playing on PC Windows 10.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 12, 17 5:36 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Helpas they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 12, 17 5:40 AM
Hi belamba and Lillebus,

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring within your game. The teams definitely want you to be able to play the game you want and below are some help pages that have been known to help resolve the issues mentioned.

belamba, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. It is helpful and appreciated. Our games are tested rigorously before they are released to the public. We do understand that issues may arise due to the different permutations on the market today. Since you mentioned a Mac system, please refer to the help page below with troubleshooting steps.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Lillebus, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that this game tends to crash at a specific scene on your Windows 10 system. Since you were able to open and play your game to a specific part, please try to run the game as an administrator. This will allow the game to obtain the necessary resources and permissions to run properly. The specific help page is below:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to assist as well as investigate these issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 12, 17 6:26 AM
@belamba

I have the same issue with all games from Amex (ERS) I have to guess at where to click to open the options settings, and select windowed mode. I have a large screen for a reason, I don't want to buy a game that I have to play in windowed mode just to be able to access items on the edges! I agree, this is extremely frustrating, and I have complained several times on Beta surveys, but nothing is ever done to solve the issue. So many of us have Mac's nowadays, I can understand that they didn't care about this glitch a few years back when everyone had PC's, but things have changed, Macs are awesome for gaming and more and more players have them.

If anyone has this issue, (game doesn't automatically adjust resolution for widescreen) please say something, then perhaps BF will listen to the voice of many!

[Post New]by devilwolf81 on Sep 12, 17 10:11 AM
I run windows 10, usually don't have problems downloading games only one other time and by the third try it worked. Not with this one, I have cleaned and restarted my computer have checked all sources and can't get it to download to play.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 12, 17 12:14 PM
Hello devilwolf81,

I'm sorry there's been trouble downloading this game. I'm swimming by to offer some troubleshooting suggestions.

When a game won't download, it can be helpful to adjust the network settings in the Big Fish Games app and try installing the game in default mode. The help page below will walk you through that process (as well as provide some alternative solutions).

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should there still be some trouble downloading the game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience, and please PM one of the other moderators or me if any more questions arise. We love providing game support and are happy to listen.

bfgBeruna

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Sep 12, 17 1:42 PM
on a Mac. did NOT receive the recipe after completing the tapestry. game is now unplayable.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 12, 17 2:51 PM
Hello bajacalla,

I'm sorry the game has become unplayable. I'm definitely here to provide some troubleshooting help. The page below contains several solutions for when Mac games stop working.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Since it sounds like the game might be crashing or freezing, I'd recommend updating the software programs the help page mentions. Sometimes, lowering the computer's screen resolution can help, too. I've provided those directions below.

1. Open the Apple menu.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on the Displays icon.
4. Select the Display tab to adjust your resolution to 1024 x 768.
5. Try playing your game again.

Should the game remain unplayable after trying these suggestions, the next step would be to contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to provide a new solution.

Thank you for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM one of the moderators (myself included) if the need arises. We're here to answer questions and to assist however we can.

bfgBeruna

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Sep 13, 17 4:37 PM
bajacalla wrote:on a Mac. did NOT receive the recipe after completing the tapestry. game is now unplayable.

Running Windows 10 Pro and did NOT receive the recipe after completing the tapestry. Can't continue. Hint stopped working and all I can do is walked back and forth between scenes.

[Post New]by KatieIsabelle08 on Sep 14, 17 1:32 AM
This is the exact same thing that happened to me. I believe it is an error in the game. I made two profiles and the exact same thing happened.
Refunds needed I think...

[Post New]by Lillebus on Sep 14, 17 7:36 AM
Exactly what happened. No recipe, hint stopped working. Game unplayable.

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 14, 17 8:25 AM
Just wondering-
@ everyone who hasn't been given the recipe after the tapestry.
Did you get the cut scene/talk with the dwarf guy scene after you completed the tapestry or did it just go back to the normal game scene?
Just wondering if the issue is something to do with the game not being able to play that scene.

For the statistics of this issue, I haven't had a problem- PC, Windows 7 Home premium.

[Post New]by cdcgamer on Sep 14, 17 12:12 PM
Having the same problem as others with the recipe after completing the tapestry mini game. Using Windows 7 Pro. I can't see reinstalling if this will happen again and don't feel much like starting over when half way through the main game.

Please provide a solution for us.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 14, 17 2:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like players are continuing to report an issue with retrieving the recipe while playing Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition. I'm sorry this is occurring and that our suggested steps haven't been able to assist. What I recommend in this case is to continue with our suggestion to follow up with our Support Team. This will help us investigate this issue further.

For players encountering an issue with the recipe being unobtainable, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

To help us with investigating why this may be happening, I'd also like to request players provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report which may contain the information we need to better understand why this is happening. If any changes are provided by the teams behind the game, a moderator will be certain to provide it as an announcement as soon as we get those details.

Thank you for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 15, 17 3:29 AM
I did all the suggestions for Mac trouble shooting and still game won't work. I'm not playing in a windowed mode as I can't see when screen that tiny.

I switched off graphics switching months ago and it stopped a lot of issues with games. ERS games work perfectly on this MBP, but this game is useless which is a shame as I'd like to have played it...

[Post New]by KatieIsabelle08 on Sep 15, 17 2:06 PM
Would just appreciate refund seeing as it is a blatant issue with the game rather than anything that can be fixed by reinstalling etc.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 15, 17 2:11 PM
Hello belamba and KatieIsabelle08,

I'm really sorry this game isn't working properly. Since the troubleshooting advice hasn't resolved the matter, please contact our Technical Support Team. They're the best equipped to provide further assistance with your requests.

Thank you for your patience. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another active Moderator if more questions come up. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 09/15/2017 at 2:12:24 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 16, 17 8:47 PM
I'm running Windows 10 and I have the exact same issue with the recipe and the hint button. The game needs a fix.

Go to: