Howdah
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Drop Rate of Unique Stamps

[Post New]by Howdah on Sep 12, 17 11:27 AM
In an earlier thread someone had calculated the drop rate of gift boxes. Has anyone calculated the drop rate of Unique Stamps? I have never really paid much attention as I always seemed to have enough stamps for whatever I needed them. However, I have started crafting more items to sell for shards for the Magic Miser achievement, and I accidentally used up a bunch of Unique Stamps. I was actually below 100 for a while, but have it back up to 110. I understand that when you get too low on desired items the drop rate for that item decreases, so want to keep it up. I am trying to craft items that do not use the Unique Stamp. Also ones that do not use too many coins, but that strategy may change as my inventory decreases.

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

Re:Drop Rate of Unique Stamps

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 12, 17 12:14 PM
Since the pink gift boxes only came from HO's (before trading with kids).... it was easy to calculate drop rate.... That is also assuming you had not already left 1,000 boxes.....

When I asked the question, I had left "x" amount under trees, had collected "x" amount in inventory, so I combined these two numbers.... Looked at my profile to see how many HO's I had done and divided the number of HO's into the number of gift boxes , times 100 to get the percentage rate.... 1000 divided by 38,500 = 0.025974 times x 100 = 2.5974 %

Because you can get unique stamps in many ways besides HOs ... and you use them without an easy way to calculate how many you've already used... I'm not sure there even is a way to calculate drop rate... Unless you, yourself, start counting every HO you do and every unique stamp you get only from a HO.... eeeek!!

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
782 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 12, 17 12:17 PM
When I was working on the Magic Miser achievement, I found the best way to get unique and green stamps was sending out pets that mostly brought back gold chests. And often times they brought shards back too. Since I had rarely sent out pets before then, I had plenty of pet food to do this. Specifically I liked the Baby Boy & Baby Girl for the Spring event.

I had written a guide on what I did to earn the achievement. I hope you find it helpful.

Best of luck to you.

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 12:18:25 PM PST

Howdah
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Sep 12, 17 2:16 PM
gtminer, I did read your post. Since I had a large inventory, I decided to, at this time anyhow, to go through and craft items that use less than 1000 coins and cash them in for shards. I get about 100 shards a day from private rooms and HOS. I am trying to cash in enough craft items and objects to make about 500. While I was doing this, I was not really paying attention to the stamps used, because I always had an excess of stamps, but I suddenly realized that I only had 98 Unique Stamps. So, I have been earning these on puzzles as well as HOS, and in about 5 days I am up to 110. I know they drop slower when inventory is lower, but was just curious about the average drop rate. I am now being more careful about using the Unique Stamps, and I know my current strategy will not work indefinitely. I will run out of inventory and then try a new strategy. Regardless, this is a long term achievement.

mamarose1900
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,953 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 13, 17 8:50 AM
It seems to vary. I'll go along for a while and not see any. Then, like the past few days, it seems like I'm getting a ton of t hem. One thing I've noticed is that when I gift something to a friend, I often, but not always, get that item the next time an opportunity arises, including unique stamps.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,343 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 13, 17 8:58 AM
Swapping unique stamps greatly increased the drop rate in all of my games.... I'm a strong supporter of swapping stamps, not only for the achievements, but to increase any given stamp you might be low on....

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Sep 13, 17 9:48 AM
gohill wrote:Swapping unique stamps greatly increased the drop rate in all of my games.... I'm a strong supporter of swapping stamps, not only for the achievements, but to increase any given stamp you might be low on....

I agree this has worked well for me also.

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
782 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 13, 17 10:27 AM
Aside from winning them in other areas like pets & airship, I would imagine the drop rate is less than the presents as I seem to get more presents than unique stamps for HOS. And the drop rate of presents is pretty dismal.

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,514 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 13, 17 10:40 AM
Castle Challenge #30 is for getting 400 coins from morphs. It seems that during these tasks the drop rate for stamps is larger for that day.

You may want to take a day and collect morphs during that CC task if you're up to it.

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Sep 14, 17 9:08 AM
mamarose1900 wrote:It seems to vary. I'll go along for a while and not see any. Then, like the past few days, it seems like I'm getting a ton of t hem. One thing I've noticed is that when I gift something to a friend, I often, but not always, get that item the next time an opportunity arises, including unique stamps.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Yes, I agree mamarose, there is 'most definitely KARMA in the castle....

I was collecting many more uniques than I needed (not sure of drop rate) - so I spent them crafting Ancestor Spirits and offering them to gift to friends....but they stopped wanting them.....and I was still collecting.... so then I started gifting just the stamps themselves...... and that made more and more 'drop' from the game..... I just checked - I now have 523 of them! They just keep multiplying!!

Like I said...... karma......

(Anyone want some? Or crafted items that use them? Howdah?
....Let me know....)

hmmmm..... just had a thought ...... since I am working on the DQ's - maybe I should start gifting torches to everyone and then I can watch them multiply too.....
.....wishful thinking???.....

oohhhhhh!...... another thought ...... maybe I should try this out for airship items too.... instead of gifting the item I have the most of, I am going to try gifting the one I have least of.... and see if karma will cause more to drop....???.... I can only try.....

Back to the unique stamp drop rate:
Not sure of my normal drop rate
Not sure if it increased when my inventory increased
Not sure if having it on my wish list increased it
(back when I was swapping for the achievement)
And now, not 100% sure about the karma thing

...... but I do have 523 of them.... so......

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 15, 17 6:43 AM
Wow Moni, I know you've been sick …… are you running a high fever?

You know I'm kidding!

Keeping the unique stamp on my wishlist definitely helps the drop rate. When I was first building up my supply, I did notice some thresholds - until I had 30 (gifts from friends), NONE dropped. After 80, it got better. After 200, it got better. When I got to 1000, I thought "I've arrived!" & took it off my wishlist. Big mistake!!! It was like flipping off a switch - they just stopped coming. So now, I swap with several friends, even though I got the achievement long ago, & outright gift a few friends on lower levels, & my supply is very gradually increasing, even with occasional crafting demands. For me, continuing swapping has been essential.

However, Castle Karma hasn't been so kind to me with those DQ items in such demand. I gave a bunch as gifts & I'm still trying to earn them back. I can go 4 months without seeing a Torch! Even with round after round after round of the Core of the Castle for the 100 hints, no Torch or Murderer's Eye, no Forged Key or Shard of Soul, no Polestar, etc.

And giving the airship item I have least of (instead of most) doesn't seem to make as much difference in the drop rate as just having balanced quantities of each.

But that's just my experience.

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Sep 15, 17 7:19 AM
Desertdruid,

If you need a Torch, Murderer's Eye, Shard of Soul, Forged Key, Polestar, etc., put it on your Wish List. Assuming I'm playing that day, I'm always happy to gift these items, mostly because I have none in inventory and at the cost of a few coins can easily send them to you!

Aurora

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,802 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 15, 17 7:30 AM
Thanks for the offer, Aurora. I'll keep it in mind.

I don't really NEED them right now, it's just frustrating that the game is so stingy with something it's constantly asking for. (If it's sending you to the Gargoyle 3 times, the Carriage ought to give you a Rune at least once!) And so many of my friends have nothing but those DQ items on their wishlist, I wish I could afford to give them more often.

Go to: