AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
657 Posts

MC'ers meeting in London today

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 12, 17 12:14 PM
Today was a wonderful day for me,I finally got to give real ((((hugs))))) to PTG & Bemused123.
We quickly dispensed with the formalities i.e."I'm Roo","I'm PTG" & "I'm Bemused".

After a lovely meal we proceeded to compare games on each device (PC,laptop & iPad mini).PTG shared his vast knowledge of MC with us.

Bemused is very sweet & went to a huge effort to drive a long distance to be there,(Thank you).

PTG very kindly hosted the event (Thank you) & IMO has joined Randy as "A person with teddy bear qualities".

gohill
Manatee
Manatee
4,100 Posts

Re:MC'ers meeting in London today

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 12, 17 12:18 PM
HAHAHA... How COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you guys were able to meet and share your love of all things Midnight Castle.... I just got a visual of yellow m&m meeting Santa Clause and they both faint after saying: He DOES exist..... I imagine I would feel the same way if I actually met a LIVE person who plays the game....

LJM5091
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Sep 12, 17 12:24 PM
How very cool, for you three.

So very foreign for me...sorry to be such a dunce, but did you drive there/take a train/bus....?

Our major cities here are often filled with skyscrapers....is that the same for London?

When will you be "coming to America"?

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
657 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 12, 17 12:53 PM
gohill wrote:HAHAHA... How COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you guys were able to meet and share your love of all things Midnight Castle.... I just got a visual of yellow m&m meeting Santa Clause and they both faint after saying: He DOES exist..... I imagine I would feel the same way if I actually met a LIVE person who plays the game....

Hmmm....in your vision,am I the Santa or the yellow m & m ????
It was great to talk to people about MC who shared the passion I have for the game & the community.I felt I instantly knew them both & it was easy to enjoy sharing time with them.Of course they might not say the same,hahaha.

BAPPLE
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Sep 12, 17 12:56 PM
Definitely COOL!!!!

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 12, 17 12:59 PM
Hi Roo-- That's so exciting for you all! I'm so glad it worked out!! PTG is an awesome friend so I'm glad you found him lovable too!

Waiting for Bemused and PTG to opine on this get-together.

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
657 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 12, 17 1:00 PM
LJM5091 wrote:How very cool, for you three.

So very foreign for me...sorry to be such a dunce, but did you drive there/take a train/bus....?

Our major cities here are often filled with skyscrapers....is that the same for London?

When will you be "coming to America"?

Bemused & I both drove.Luckily we decided to meet just outside central London in a beautiful part.Not a skyscraper in sight.We walked together in lovely gardens with the sun shining.It was a fantastic day that will stay with me forever.

As for America,"Be careful what you wish"for,AuntieRoo has been known to take sudden trips across oceans to be with friends.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Sep 12, 17 1:36 PM
FANTASTIC!
What a cool idea

How did you all recognize each other?

LJM5091
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Sep 12, 17 1:42 PM
Auntie Roo, you are absolutely welcome in our cat zoo.You might have to cross an ocean and a continent.

I don't live in a big city, so no skyscrapers here.Mountains, deserts, and ocean.... all in a day....

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 12, 17 1:55 PM
LJM5091 wrote:Auntie Roo, you are absolutely welcome in our cat zoo.You might have to cross an ocean and a continent.

I don't live in a big city, so no skyscrapers here.Mountains, deserts, and ocean.... all in a day....

Oooh! Oooh! Can I come too?!

bfgBellerophon
8,967 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 12, 17 2:24 PM
Hey there,

Just wanted to add in the discussion that it is so nice to see how the community in Midnight Castle evolves. I'm glad to hear that players had a great time conversing over the game. Will this be a monthly ritual? I am also curious as Elsaemerald is. How were you able to recognize a fellow Midnight Castle player?

Happy conversing and gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

LJM5091
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Sep 12, 17 2:28 PM
Hi Sharp-Eye....
you wrote
Oooh! Oooh! Can I come too?

Of course you're welcome. Have a few spare bedrooms. Come on down.....

lj

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 2:29:52 PM PST

AuntieRoo
Clownfish
Clownfish
657 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 12, 17 2:51 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hey there,

Just wanted to add in the discussion that it is so nice to see how the community in Midnight Castle evolves. I'm glad to hear that players had a great time conversing over the game. Will this be a monthly ritual? I am also curious as Elsaemerald is. How were you able to recognize a fellow Midnight Castle player?

Happy conversing and gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

It was very easy for me,I knew PTG was a guy & that meant Bemused was the other player.Also we have been sending messages to each other & I knew how old they both were.ha ha.

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Sep 12, 17 2:59 PM
LJM5091 wrote:Hi Sharp-Eye....
you wrote
Oooh! Oooh! Can I come too?

Of course you're welcome. Have a few spare bedrooms. Come on down.....

lj

You're too kind! I should have asked first "where here is". Hahaha I mean, you did say cross a continent?

brynhrt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by brynhrt on Sep 12, 17 3:02 PM
Awesome!! And it sounds like a perfect day without any rain!!

playingthegame
Manatee
Manatee
3,791 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 12, 17 3:55 PM
I've been a bit busy catching up on my game before I saw this thread!
Yes, we three had a great time together both socially and "work wise" (MC game is work of course!).
As our dear Mod has said, it adds yet another dimension to this wonderful game.
It will be repeated!

AnnaDownes01
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Sep 12, 17 4:10 PM
I would really love to meet my friends in the game. Not sure how many are actually living in Tasmania, but I reckon it could be done. I know that from where I live it can take between 4 to hours driving (includes rest stops to make it to the capital in the south.

We did, in the early days of the castle talk about a convention, where we would meet other players by wearing something Castle Related.

Doubt I'll ever have the money to make it to the States, Germany or the UK but I keep hoping.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
3,872 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Sep 12, 17 4:57 PM
Well..........how fun was THAT??!! I am jealous!

We need a western get together........south and west.......we can do it!!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
3,562 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 12, 17 5:02 PM
WOW!!! Seriously, wow!!! How fantastic for you! I'm totally envious. And really happy for you, that you got to do this. It sounds like you had a perfect day.

And more to come? Where?
Tucson is usually lovely in late November ………. HINT!!!!
I think we could gather a few denizens ……

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
3,872 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Sep 12, 17 6:02 PM
Tucson works for me..........lovely place in the winter.........I think Houston is out.

Go to: