medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Are you a raider getting raided?

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Sep 15, 17 3:37 AM
Maybe by the same person over and over who is one of the many players YOU keep raiding? Perhaps that person is finally able to follow you and is trying to send YOU a message that they do not appreciate being raided.

Because... having constantly empty or sold out markets means players will stop following which means less markets to visit and buy needed items from.

So PLEASE stop making the game more frustrating and stop raiding. (I imagine your frustration will soon go away as well.)

Edited on 09/15/2017 at 3:58:11 AM PST

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,139 Posts

Re:Are you a raider getting raided?

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Sep 15, 17 9:16 AM
Assuming that those games are real players and not a glitch, good for you

Anyway, I like your post, it made me smile

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Sep 15, 17 6:14 PM
I finally managed to find my raider, and yep, raiding it back.
It ruined my game for months before I worked out how to find people.
It will get bored before I do.

If it wants me to stop, all it needs to do is unfollow and go quietly away.

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,112 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 15, 17 8:07 PM
SweetSayonara wrote:
If it wants me to stop, all it needs to do is unfollow and go quietly away.

LOL. Hope it gets the message quickly.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Sep 16, 17 10:42 AM
My friend got raided this morning on the first market she put out, a raider bought all 22 of her baskets, and all of her friends did not have a chance to buy even one thing. When is this nonsense going to stop? Why are people playing in such a senseless manner? Reraiding is not working, it is just a viscous cycle of paybacks and passing items from one market to the next and no one comes out of it a "winner" The raiders are desperate because there are so few markets to buy from now and there will be even less if this behavior does not stop.

[Post New]by GoldDolphin on Sep 16, 17 2:31 PM
Hopefully the raiders will drop by this forum. Fortunately my friends/ followers are courteous.

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Sep 16, 17 10:40 PM
As has been the situation in other threads... this one will probably also be closed because it is a repeat of a conversation already taking place. I don't have a problem with a moderator closing a conversation (thread) but please, post the URL link to the conversation they want us to go to. Thank you...

WITH THAT SAID.... I keep pushing the idea that the Developers (Devs) should give us all a tool, just like we can follow a player, to BLOCK a user from removing items from our baskets. I'm also tired of hearing that everyone has their own way of playing the game.... that is a cope out line by the moderators to try and keep the peace. That line is getting old. I understand there are rules and there are no rules against Raiding but there should be... Social Media (I'm not permitted to name anything specific) allow users to block people... why can't this game have that tool?

Now.... expect this thread to be closed. It is a repeat of a conversation.
I love ya all... :-)

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,139 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Sep 17, 17 12:23 AM
Having the possibility of blocking followers will put a end to the necessity of blocking discussions

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Sep 17, 17 2:45 AM
I believe raiders are real people and not glitches. And it actually HAS helped at times to raid the raiders until THEY get annoyed and go away - or in a couple of cases they finally got the message and settled down. So yes, Lambina, at times it actually can work.

For one player, I actually found them on the forum and they hadn't paid enough attention to understand that some folks are annoyed by it. I simply explained it empties our markets leaving nothing for our followers which makes them go away and leaves us less markets. They sent back a very nice reply, apologized, and have been a wonderful game friend ever since.

But mainly it will be up to the devs to fix the raider issue.

In the meantime, I was basically just sharing my solution (and hoping a raider or two read the post) that has been at times helping, and sometimes just easing my frustration, rather than ONLY a thread complaining.

There truly ARE some raiders that get the message and stop. Unfortunately not all, but some.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Sep 17, 17 9:20 AM
Yes there are some that reraiding works on but it does not work on the worst of them, it has not worked on mine, or on the ones that hit my friends, they may settle down for awhile but they always come back. I think it is getting worse because so many people have left the game because of lack of new content and there are not enough markets being stocked to keep them satisfied so they are hitting the available markets very hard, just within the last 3 or 4 weeks 5 of my friends have not put out a market. I don't even bother trying to figure out tactics to combat them anymore, when it gets out of hand and I have had enough I close up shoppe for the day.

[Post New]by Brave_Gemini on Sep 17, 17 2:42 PM
Re-raiding may be an effective way to send a message to your raider, but when others visit your raider's market, all they know is that you raided a market. Many of my friends get raided, and I pay attention to who those raiders are so that I know to avoid (as in not follow) them.

One thing that could help keep random raiders at bay is to watch how quickly your items are purchased. If you put something up and it's purchased immediately, someone is actively watching your market. If you continue to put items up a raider will continue to buy until you stop, so take a break and hope that the raider gets bored and goes away.

I've watched many markets getting filled in real time and it's amazing how quickly things go, sometimes even before I can see what item was put up! I'm always just looking for specific things, but when multiple people are buying items as soon as they come up I stay to watch the action. Once the seller stops, there's no reason for anyone to stay. Even a five minute break is enough for random raiders to give up and look elsewhere.

Aravis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Aravis on Sep 17, 17 4:34 PM
I always try to put in items that aren't common so my followers at lower levels can hopefully benefit and advance. When I was getting raided time and time again by the same person, I started just putting in 10 oranges or 10 apples. It took a few days but I finally rid myself of that person. Now I'm back to stocking glass, wire, gold bricks and such.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Sep 18, 17 12:20 PM
I'm really fed up with Japio who raids just to sell maximum amounts of items in their shop.

I play to help others build their castles . . . this person does not need magnificent bricks, but raids all the items I make to help my lower level followers and those still building their palaces.

I'm just going to (try to) stop playing until a new event comes along. There is no pleasure in it anymore.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,139 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Sep 18, 17 12:41 PM
I have seen Japio on other markets. He / she is very fast at buying.
In a few occasions, I was there when he / she was buying and I both all I could just to not leave him everything. I didn't necessarily need them but at least he didn't get the entire market. Unfortunately, he is clicking faster. Well, at least I got to keep good items from a future need

In my language, Japio is close to a word that describes his attitudes in the best possible way

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
450 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Sep 18, 17 1:02 PM
I don't mind getting raided by players who need the things I'm selling . . . at lower levels you sometimes do need all the good stuff to fill the crates and meet the villager's demands.

But when players are buying premium items they don't need (i.e. the items to build the palace), its frustrating, as I spend the time making those items to help the players on my friends and followers lists who are working to finish theirs.

I don't know what advantage this person thinks they have doing this.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Sep 18, 17 1:25 PM
I have two raiders that do that to me too, they buy my 1s and 2s of items to add to their 3s and 4s to make large amounts in their baskets, when I need something I don't want to buy 4 or 5 or 10 unless it is produce, but I'm sure people buy those large amounts for resell, go figure

OggiByrd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by OggiByrd on Sep 20, 17 3:25 AM
lol,.. imagine the horrors,.. your market sells out * screams in terror,.. that is, the objective tho,.. I would assume - be proud!
Trust,.. as a newb starting over,..having ur market sit there, waiting for peter panda or stranger to fund you,.. seriously,.. where is your gripe at?? O.o

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,112 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Sep 20, 17 5:57 AM
OggiByrd wrote:lol,.. imagine the horrors,.. your market sells out * screams in terror,.. that is, the objective tho,.. I would assume - be proud!
Trust,.. as a newb starting over,..having ur market sit there, waiting for peter panda or stranger to fund you,.. seriously,.. where is your gripe at?? O.o

I understand your point of view because you are having trouble building a market and are trying to gain followers. Now imagine you have finally got a base of active followers and you pick up a raider who keeps emptying your market. Suddenly your number of followers starts dropping and you are losing markets from which to purchase. You can't stop it because you can't restock the market without that same person emptying it again. Your followers are moving on to a market without a raider where they may have a chance of purchasing something.

I too recently had to start over. I lost my computer and although CS can transfer your game, they can't transfer your followers or friends. I filled my friends list and had worked my way to 9 followers. With a level 80 game that was no easy accomplishment since very few notifications go out to give access to your island. Now I pick up a raider through the only announcement to go out. I reached level 81. That raider buys out my market most of the times I fill it unless I get lucky and they aren't playing. Now my followers are at 7. Within one week of picking up this player, I have lost 2 followers that took me a month to attract.

BTW If you stock your market with the hot items of the day, Peter will buy them about every 2 hours. I have a level 31 game which intentionally has no followers to see how the game would play, and it has all available items from all tabs except décor and event. It has over 45,000 coins. It plays slower because I have no friends to buy from but I buy from Peter more often.

Lambina
Clownfish
Clownfish
727 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Sep 20, 17 10:02 AM
OggiByrd
If you had one of the raiders that we do I bet after a few days you would be really tired of filling their baskets for them, or maybe you don't mind working hard for hours making things so they can keep a good followers base with out any effort.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Sep 20, 17 1:12 PM
I've noticed yet another interesting behavior in raiders - those that are not quite 125 yet. It seems that they will buy out all of your high-end items, but they do not sell them. Instead they only put low-end items in their own market. So, if you are also trying to level, you are losing out in a way...you can't go to their market and get some of the high-end things you may need for your own balloons and requests - they aren't selling anything but low-end items. So basically you are aiding someone else with their leveling while you struggle along to level, and your followers are left with nothing as well.

So what to do...put low-end items only in your market and make and keep high-end stuff just for your own use? That is one way to deal with it, but it doesn't feel like it was the concept of the game...make/buy/sell.

The ultimate downside of all of this raiding behavior is that most everyone is now only putting low-end items in their markets. This makes it even harder to grab that one-off much needed item...you can't find it anywhere.

Yes, I know earlier on when all this raiding began, I was selling faster than I could produce and making a lot of coins which were sorely needed, but now as I have completed the castle and my goal is to level and reach 1000 max inventory, I am taking a slower look around...and not liking what I see at all.

There may as well not be "Followers" or "Friends" as you are pretty much on your own to be self sufficient and do it all yourself...you can't count on the markets at all. And if you do happen to stumble upon a good market that hasn't been being raided, you are extremely lucky...but they are getting to be more and more scarce. Forget about helping those followers that are same level or lower level than you...anything higher that apple juice etc. will be bought before those folks get a chance at it.

So yes, I am on the Ban The Raiders Bandwagon now...I can see the bad affects these raiding behaviors are having on the overall "economy" of the game so to speak.

Go to: