bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Eternity technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 1, 10 1:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

Re:Post any Eternity technical issues here only

[Post New]by Elkestra on May 1, 10 2:24 AM
Posted this in its own SPOILER-marked thread (easier to see), but I figure it ought to be in here too:-

I'm loving this game so far, but I've run into a game-stopping glitch. When I released the bird from the cage, it didn't drop the feather (and the hint system has decided that room is now 'complete')

Checking the walkthrough, it talks of unlocking the cage before putting the mouse on the floor.

Since I was trying to figure things out on my own, I ended up putting the mouse on the floor before I found the key and unlocking the cage. I'm not sure if that's what caused the glitch, but its possible.

I'd happily re-play the game and check, but unfortunately I've only 10 mins left of the demo, and I won't have a credit to use for a couple of weeks, so for now all I can give is the potential warning.

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on May 1, 10 4:39 AM
I've also posted on the Spoiler thread but just wanted to let you know I've hit the same bug. A shame but I will start the game again - it's a great game so it's not too much of a hardship.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on May 1, 10 5:00 AM
I am stuck on the lair of the minotaur as there is NO FEATHER to pick up. So I cannot combine the bow and arrow. All rooms say they are completed except for giving the bow and arrow. Please help.
Thanks

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on May 1, 10 7:10 AM
Same here, no feather to pick up and scene is saying completed. Can't make the arrow without the feather.

Nikita77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nikita77 on May 1, 10 7:42 AM
At the Maya temple where I'm supposed to click on the tiles in the order 1 through 8, it keeps giving me the message to click on them in order every time I click on a tile...I can't complete the task...

Nikita77
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nikita77 on May 1, 10 7:43 AM
At the Maya temple where I'm supposed to click on the tiles in the order 1 through 8, it keeps giving me the message to click on them in order every time I click on a tile...I can't complete the task...

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 8:15 AM
Nikita77 wrote:At the Maya temple where I'm supposed to click on the tiles in the order 1 through 8, it keeps giving me the message to click on them in order every time I click on a tile...I can't complete the task...

Hi Nikita,welcome to Big Fish Games, this is not a glitch.

You can't click on the tiles until you solve the crystal puzzle in the moon temple and place the wooden board on the bridge at Eagle Canyon.

Please let me know if this helps. You can view the steps to be taken in the walkthrough for Eternity posted on the Big Fish Blog here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/eternity-walkthrough/

Margie B

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 8:22 AM

FEATHER NOT APPEARING ISSUE

I replayed the game to test this bug out. It did not happen to me the first few times because I opened the cage first.

If you're having problems with the FEATHER not appearing please read below. I reported this issue so hopefully they will have a fix for it soon....

Apparently there is a bug in the game, you have to open the cage first and place the mouse on the ground second, if you do it out of sequence, the feather will not appear.

Please see the forum "SPOILER Bug with 225BC (minotaur)" to view the discussion.

You will have to start the game over to get past this bug.

Good Luck

Margie B

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 8:23:11 AM PST

sophish48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by sophish48 on May 1, 10 9:35 AM
Hi...going back to the stone faces...I have done everything, got the skulls & glass stones in the right places, raised the rock thing, done everything in order, completed the things I was supposed to but I'm STILL getting 'these stones must be pressed in order'. Am just about to delete the damn thing...not happy!

[Post New]by speedswifey on May 1, 10 9:50 AM
I REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM IN MARGO'S INSTRUCTIONS I HAD PUT THE STONES IN I FOR GOT NAME OF SITE BUT IT SAID I HAD DONE ALL I COULD AND THAT WAS END OF CHAPTER AND I AM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE CAN NOT GET STONES IN RIGHT ORDER BUT HOW TO I GET TO MOON AS THAT IS WHERE I SEEN I WAS TO GO TO FIX JEWEL PROBLEM I CAN'T GET TO IT AS I THINK IN CHAPTER I WAS IN BEFORE HERE,MAN I GOING "CRAZY" AND SINCE I NOT CRAZY ENOUGH . THIS IS REALLY FIRST TIME FOR ME SINE 1997 THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET THINGS IN RIGHT ORDER AND IN RIGHT LEVELS.SO IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW I CAN GET TO MOON PLACE I WOULD BE NOT QUIET AS NUTTY THANKS FOR LISTENING TO AN OLD WOMAN,LOL

[Post New]by seajwl on May 1, 10 11:21 AM
put the board on the bridge, put the scroll on the pillar, put the jewels and skulls where they should be and picked up the machete, hint says nothing left to do in jewel room, went to stone faces buttons, when stone buttons pressed (in order noted in walk through) message says repeatedly that buttons must be pressed in correct order.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 10 11:21 AM
MargieB wrote:
Nikita77 wrote:At the Maya temple where I'm supposed to click on the tiles in the order 1 through 8, it keeps giving me the message to click on them in order every time I click on a tile...I can't complete the task...

Hi Nikita,welcome to Big Fish Games, this is not a glitch.

You can't click on the tiles until you solve the crystal puzzle in the moon temple and place the wooden board on the bridge at Eagle Canyon.

Please let me know if this helps. You can view the steps to be taken in the walkthrough for Eternity posted on the Big Fish Blog here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/eternity-walkthrough/

Margie B

Hi Margie,
I did the crystal/skull game, and kept a crystal as per the walkthrough, but still can't get stone faces to work and I have no cog next to a vase as per the walkthrough!
Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a glitch? I've put the board in the bridge too. All I have left is a large knife thing and a purple crystal?
Please help if you can as I'm worn out with it all now :-))

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 11:44 AM
belamba wrote:

Hi Margie,
I did the crystal/skull game, and kept a crystal as per the walkthrough, but still can't get stone faces to work and I have no cog next to a vase as per the walkthrough!
Am I doing something wrong? Or is there a glitch? I've put the board in the bridge too. All I have left is a large knife thing and a purple crystal?
Please help if you can as I'm worn out with it all now :-))

Hi Belamba.
The cog only appears after the stone faces puzzle has been solved.
All 5 crystals should be used on the stands,the 4 in the wt is a typo, it should be 5, the machete is used to cut the bridge.

Since so many people are having problems with this section, it may be best to contact customer support or re-start under a new name to see if that solves the problem.

If you decide to restart the game, place that purple gem in first.

Wish I had a better answer but all I can do is tell you want worked for me more than once.

wish you luck,

Margie B

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on May 1, 10 12:00 PM
The cog only appears after the stone faces puzzle has been solved.
All 5 crystals should be used on the stands,the 4 in the wt is a typo, it should be 5, the machete is used to cut the bridge.

Since so many people are having problems with this section, it may be best to contact customer support or re-start under a new name to see if that solves the problem.

If you decide to restart the game, place that purple gem in first.

Wish I had a better answer but all I can do is tell you want worked for me more than once.

wish you luck,
Hi Margie,
Many thanks for your prompt reply!
I uninstalled, reinstalled, played through again and got the stone faces to work. BUT now, like many others I have NO feather :-((
The thought of replaying the whole game again is not one I feel like doing. So guess, unless a fix comes along I'm up the stream without a paddle :-))
Will contact CS, and just hope this is fixed as it's a fab game!
Belamba

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 1, 10 4:39 PM
The game started out all right but shortly into playing, the cursor became a bit slow and jerky so I went into options to unclick the custom cursor. That helped for awhile. Then the game started running a bit slow and jerky again so I went back into options and this time, I unclicked the 3-D mode. When I did that the screen went black and then back to my desktop. I tried to get the game to continue but the same think kept happening. I ended up having to get out of the game with the Task Manager. I decided to re-start the game to see if it would play but it didn't work. Now, I don't know what to do. My graphics card, etc., are up-to-date so what can I do? Please help!

[Post New]by boyscoutdaniel on May 1, 10 5:56 PM
Hey, can someone loan me a feather? LOL!! Man I hate starting this game over..

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on May 1, 10 6:10 PM

I had the same problem with the tiles. They did not go in sequence. I finally did them this way: 1,2,5, 6, 3, 4, 7, 8. It worked like a charm after that.
Good Luck,
KathyMac

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on May 1, 10 6:23 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:The game started out all right but shortly into playing, the cursor became a bit slow and jerky so I went into options to unclick the custom cursor. That helped for awhile. Then the game started running a bit slow and jerky again so I went back into options and this time, I unclicked the 3-D mode. When I did that the screen went black and then back to my desktop. I tried to get the game to continue but the same think kept happening. I ended up having to get out of the game with the Task Manager. I decided to re-start the game to see if it would play but it didn't work. Now, I don't know what to do. My graphics card, etc., are up-to-date so what can I do? Please help!

I've been having the same problem with this game and similar problems with other recent games. I finally checked my Program files and discovered I did not have the current versions of Adobe Flash player and shockwave. Once I downloaded these my problems disappeared. I didn't even have Shockwave installed on my laptop. Go figure.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 1, 10 7:50 PM
mclauk wrote:
Itsupikachu wrote:The game started out all right but shortly into playing, the cursor became a bit slow and jerky so I went into options to unclick the custom cursor. That helped for awhile. Then the game started running a bit slow and jerky again so I went back into options and this time, I unclicked the 3-D mode. When I did that the screen went black and then back to my desktop. I tried to get the game to continue but the same think kept happening. I ended up having to get out of the game with the Task Manager. I decided to re-start the game to see if it would play but it didn't work. Now, I don't know what to do. My graphics card, etc., are up-to-date so what can I do? Please help!

I've been having the same problem with this game and similar problems with other recent games. I finally checked my Program files and discovered I did not have the current versions of Adobe Flash player and shockwave. Once I downloaded these my problems disappeared. I didn't even have Shockwave installed on my laptop. Go figure.

Thanks mclauk!! I was pretty sure I had everything up-to-date but I'll check my Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave

Go to: