Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

SPOILER: Bug with 225BC (Minotaur)

[Post New]by Elkestra on May 1, 10 2:22 AM
I'm loving this game so far, but I've run into a game-stopping glitch. When I released the bird from the cage, it didn't drop the feather (and the hint system has decided that room is now 'complete')

Checking the walkthrough, it talks of unlocking the cage before putting the mouse on the floor.

Since I was trying to figure things out on my own, I ended up putting the mouse on the floor before I found the key and unlocking the cage. I'm not sure if that's what caused the glitch, but its possible.

I'd happily re-play the game and check, but unfortunately I've only 10 mins left of the demo, and I won't have a credit to use for a couple of weeks, so for now all I can give is the potential warning.

Edited on 05/01/2010 at 9:57:09 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

SPOILER: Bug with 225BC (Minotaur)

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 1, 10 4:10 AM
so for now all I can give is the potential warning.

And thank you for that! also for posting it with the spoiler warning and separately, and the issue so well-formulated. I'll be careful when getting there (or wait a bit whether that 'time' becomes a show stopper for more).

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:SPOILER: Bug with 225BC (Minotaur)

[Post New]by janspack on May 1, 10 4:37 AM
I've got the same problem. I put the mouse down before I unlocked the cage - no feather. Like Elkestra, I'm going to start the game from the beginning again (I've bought it) and I don't really mind because it's a great game but it is a shame that this bug has arisen.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 1, 10 4:44 AM

Hi Guys, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this, not sure what is causing it but you definitely should open the cage first and then place the mouse on the floor.

Thanks Elkestra for posting this tip!

Margie B

krisr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krisr on May 1, 10 7:48 AM
crap...I wish I would have known this first...oh well...I guess I'll have to start over. BOO.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on May 1, 10 9:01 AM
Meh. Exact same thing happened to me. No wonder I couldn't find any feathers then! Tried unlocking the cage before I found the cheese to lure out the mouse, but that didn't work at that time, so...

Ah well, over we start.

/strilf, over and out

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 2, 10 8:44 AM
BUMP

Margie B

sunsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by sunsh on May 9, 10 5:08 PM
Hi fishies...it's nice to see i'm not the only one with that "feather" problem...darn..hate to start the game all over but guess i'll have to. I sure hope they fix the "bug" so it won't matter which came first...the mouse or the bird..lol
sunsh

[Post New]by kerana on May 11, 10 1:02 PM
The bug is right.....first open the cage, then place the mouse, and the feather is there .

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on May 14, 10 3:30 PM
Now this is VERY irritating. Logic would dictate placing the bait *before* opening the cage (so, being logical, that's what I did), and this is a little late in a fairly mediocre game to have to start from the beginning.

I don't like this one bit.

Seriously, y'all are very magnanimous about this. "Oh? Start from the beginning? Okay, that's fine!" No. It is not fine. It is shoddy programming.

Edited on 05/14/2010 at 3:32:48 PM PST

[Post New]by Widder35 on May 15, 10 7:50 PM
I saw one suggestion to uninstall and reinstall but that did not work for me. I don't particularly want to start over

Go to: