fishing

[Post New]by mapetite03 on May 1, 10 2:42 AM
I cast the line like I'm asked and the line just goes up and down. Are the fish supposed to bite the little seahorse thing? I stay in the oval and cast and I'm using up a lot of time because nothing happens with the fish.

Re:fishing

[Post New]by jenny706 on May 1, 10 6:55 AM
You move this boat across with the mouse and left click to release the line, the line snags a fish and pops up out of the water dont frget to move the boat to catch the fish
i love this game just like the first one but different

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

fishing

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 1, 10 9:03 AM
mapetite03 wrote:I cast the line like I'm asked and the line just goes up and down. Are the fish supposed to bite the little seahorse thing? I stay in the oval and cast and I'm using up a lot of time because nothing happens with the fish.

We have a full explanation of how the Fishing Game works in the Blog Walkthrough tips and tricks. It should help you understand it better, since the instructions aren't all that clear.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Big Fish icon in the top left of this page, then scroll all the way down and click on the BLOG icon in the lower left, and then find the Ranch Rush 2 Collector's Edition Walkthrough emtry and click on the title.

Or just copy this URL into your browser to go there directly:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/ranch-rush-2-collectors-edition-walkthrough/

Anyway, as we say in the Blog Walkthrough, this is more like a magnet fishing game. The fish don't have to bite the lure and they will NOT swim up and catch it. You have to manouver the line so that the lure touches any part of the fish you want.

But there's a bit more to it than that, so I do recommend reading the Blog tips.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by mapetite03 on May 5, 10 12:05 PM
Thank you Robin, I'll check it out. I was about to delete the game from my comupter. I'll try again.

[Post New]by mapetite03 on May 5, 10 12:23 PM
Okay I tried to catch the fish when they entered the oval as instructed. My line passes through both the big and little fish. I have touched the lure on every surpface of the fish and nothing. I don't know why it isn't working I've wasted a good ten minutes on the free trial on the fishing part.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 5, 10 6:37 PM
mapetite03 wrote:Okay I tried to catch the fish when they entered the oval as instructed. My line passes through both the big and little fish. I have touched the lure on every surpface of the fish and nothing. I don't know why it isn't working I've wasted a good ten minutes on the free trial on the fishing part.

For the oval part of the tutorial, you don't have to catch a fish at all. All you need to do is "cast" the line (left click) so that the lure goes into the oval, then click it again to "reel" it back in. They're just testing that you know how to "aim" the line at a particular spot.

If you're waiting for a fish, you won't be able to complete the task.

So just drop the line into the oval, then reel it back in, and you'll be able to proceed.

The oval will not appear once you're actually fishing.

Good luck!
Robin

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on May 16, 10 1:44 AM
hello can anyone tell me how can I reel 4 fishes at a time I need that trophy!!!!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on May 16, 10 7:17 AM
frini7 wrote:hello can anyone tell me how can I reel 4 fishes at a time I need that trophy!!!!!!

On some of the later levels the fish come by in quite large groups. You need a time when there are 4 fish close together, usually in a vertical line. I know there's one place where there are 2 greens and 2 tiny yellows close together.

Put your line way down when you see them coming and then try to catch them from the bottom to the top.

The other way to do it is to catch fish midway down and keep forcing your line back down rather than letting it reel up automatically. That one works better for quicker clickers.

Good luck!
Robin

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on May 17, 10 1:12 AM
thanks robin i will try that

Go to: