Sheep shearing and whistle

[Post New]by rustybearbandit on Oct 21, 08 12:38 PM
Ok. I've got the key (don't seem to need it for getting into the sheep shearing barn), got permission from Donal to shear sheep. Go in the barn and blow the whistle and nothing happens.
I've read and reread the strategy guide and can't figure out how to make the sheep come into the pen.
Do I just keep blowing my whistle until the right tune plays or what?

Re:Sheep shearing and whistle

[Post New]by rustybearbandit on Oct 21, 08 1:13 PM
yup, got all 10 sheep

nita797
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by nita797 on Oct 21, 08 1:28 PM
If you got permission to sheer the sheep. Then the next step is to blow the whistle but you cannot stand next to the machine where the key pad is. You have to stand back in the middle. If you go out the barn and take one step in that is where you have blow the whistle.

[Post New]by rustybearbandit on Oct 21, 08 1:38 PM
awwwww! ok. seems I am usually one step off lol! Thanks - will go back and do that now.

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Oct 21, 08 8:42 PM
I can't figure out how to get the sheep into the barn. I read a walkthrough that said there is supposed to be a counter at the top left of the screen beside the whistle, but I don't see one. The only thing I have up there next to my whistle is my coin purse. The rest of the area up there is just darkness.

I blow the whistle as soon as a sheep comes into the light like I'm supposed to. I'm assuming that the "light" the walkthrough is referring to is just the big wide area of light my lantern creates around me. Sometimes I get too close to them and they run away, but other times they just seem to disappear as soon as I blow the whistle. I think they're going into the barn when they disappear, but I don't have a counter that tells me how many are in there, if any of them actually are. I just can't figure it out. Can someone please explain it to me. TIA

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Oct 21, 08 8:54 PM
Have you been told to herd the sheep into the barn? That is when you get the counter. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by lttlmischievious on Oct 23, 08 10:35 AM
Can we back up here a minute please? I must be missing something before talking to Donal. I have tried rounding sheep as well and looking for counter but, when I leave to go to Banshee inn Donal fails to mention sheering sheep. What should I be doing before talking to him?

This game is making me insane here. When I try to start where I left off after saving I am missing things in my inventory I have gotten before. I am beginning to love to hate this game. lol!

I have played the drums and set the Stone Ruins and the Guide says to go gather sheep but it does not work.

Edited on 10/23/2008 at 10:37:47 AM PST

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Oct 23, 08 10:48 AM
Have you been able to search the main floor with Kit gone? First Donal will tell you to collet them. You will have to go back and ask him if you can sheer one. In order to ask , you must first find the hut in the bog.

[Post New]by lttlmischievious on Oct 23, 08 11:06 AM
I have listened to Kit and Kyler arguing, found Matts luggage told Kyler about the luggage put the flowers in the vase on to the drums and everything but cannot get anywhere from there. I went back and played the drums again. of Course I am no musician by any chance (dang it and I love the drums to lol!) but I am stuck in who or what knows where

I have been to the Hut in the Bog and gotten the Sage I needed for the Flower Basket and walked over to the Counter and saw the Sheep Doll unfinished, I also got rid of the darn Flies at the cage. Is it possible since I am not doing everything in exact order as the Guide says that it is screwing up the game? I finally decided that I needed the Guide to get me through so went and found the walk through suggest on forum

This is what the Guide says:

When the drum puzzle is done, take the Ancient Celtic Sabbats - Ogham book. I have this and have set those stones but, I must have missed talking to Doanl again, as he never gave me a key!

Edited on 10/23/2008 at 11:17:14 AM PST

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Oct 23, 08 11:21 AM
There is no correct order, but yes you have to do somethings before you can do others. I am just trying to find what you havn't done.

Did Donal say anything about the luggage? Did you ask Kit abou the luggage?

[Post New]by lttlmischievious on Oct 23, 08 11:24 AM
Ok Let me go see about talking to Kit that is what I must be missing, or at least I hope so.

Thanks

[Post New]by lttlmischievious on Oct 23, 08 11:37 AM
Thank You that was it. Off to explore more.

[Post New]by lttlmischievious on Oct 23, 08 1:36 PM
ok Well I have gotten the dog back and I have 9 dolls in the Dollhouse but I cannot get the third Binary plate now. I have reenacted all of the Dollhouse scenes even and still not get that last plate.

I am about to delete it all and start from scratch really really soon.

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Oct 23, 08 1:44 PM
Don't do that...we will figure it out

tonleee
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by tonleee on Oct 23, 08 1:50 PM
There are 4 plates. the 4th plate is in the doll house. Are you missing one of the plates? I sent you a pm I think you should try before scraping the game.

Edited on 10/23/2008 at 1:51:11 PM PST

mptt
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by mptt on Nov 5, 08 6:17 PM
where ois the whistle? Thanks

Go to: