skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

New/Updated Version of Pretty Snails was Released 9/16/17

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 17, 17 10:22 AM
For whatever this is worth......I just happened to notice on another game site that the devs (Intersol) released an updated version of Pretty Snails. This version is called "Snoopy Snails", but it appears that this was released to include a player profile option. There may be some other "minor" changes, but it is still the same game.

Since I purchased the original Pretty Snails on Big Fish, obviously I would not buy the same game again on another site in order to get a feature that could (or should) have been included in the original. I see this as a "fix" that should be offered to everyone who bought and enjoyed this game from BFG.

Intersol should be aware that players had to do the "work around" in order to just be able to start a new game. Also, since Intersol has released their other similar games on BFG, I would like to see Intersol provide the "update" to BFG and treated as a fix to the original (to repeat myself).

I realize that most players won't be coming back to this forum to read this, but I hope that the Big Fish team will read this and see about getting the update from Intersol, so that this game can be replayed in the future (without having to change files in their computer) and for possible future first time players.

JUST MY OPINION!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:New/Updated Version of Pretty Snails was Released 9/16/17

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 17, 17 12:19 PM
If it really is Pretty Snails exactly except with a player profile creation, the issue is more that BFG has to put it through their vetting/QA process just like they do for a brand new game. That is, assuming that Intersol offered the updated version to BFG. Then if the BFG DRM works with the updated game, I would think that it would be announced in the forum as an update to the game. It reminds me of when The Snow first came out and then it got updated as The Snow Fable.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 17, 17 12:25 PM
If they do come out with the updated version as a patched game that we simply reinstall in place of the old game, I wonder if they fixed the 750,000 point goal on level 38.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Sep 17, 17 6:13 PM
Hi SynthpopAddict,

I'm glad that you have a better understanding of how this works between the game sites and the developers/publishers. But to me, it just seems that both Intersol and BFG would want to "take care of" their loyal players/gamers that bought these games. To me, when you purchase a game, you're buying it to play now and to play anytime in the future. I don't think anyone buys a game to play one time, unless they know that's what they're getting. Both Penguin Rescue and Pretty Snails should not have been offered or released for sale on any site when the purchaser was not informed that you didn't have the option of playing/resetting the game over again. In PR, it was worse in that you got a white screen and couldn't even replay the levels to better your score. And...speaking of Penguin Rescue....Intersol had informed me that they were going to offer an update to include a player profile creation, BUT nothing ever materialized.

I'm just venting! It sounds like I'm angry, but this all started with my "love" of Penguin Rescue, and then not being able to play it again.....until a wonderful game designer (of a different game) heard my cry for help and informed me how to "work around" this problem with the appdata/roaming file deletion/renaming. I ended up buying PR for a second time, just to be able to have it on BFG. Both you (SynthpopAddict) and I informed other players on BFG how to reset the game, as well as providing game tips that not only enhanced player enthusiasm, but probably caused additional buyers of these games. With all that being said.....I would think that both Intersol and BFG would feel an obligation to provide the "updates/fixes" to these games...IMHO! (But what do I know, LOL!)

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 18, 17 8:09 AM
We can only hope that BF will offer the updated version as a reinstall of the game. If a patch is put out for a game, you would think the developer would offer it to all the portals they are selling it upon, but of course there's no telling what a company decides to do. BF is slower with getting new games/updates than some other portals for whatever reason. The thing that would make me mad is if they tried to sell it as a totally new game.

As for having to use a file folder workaround, that's a bit inconvenient and something not everyone knows how to do but I wouldn't call it not being able to replay at all. It's pretty rare to not have a player profile creation screen, but I have seen variations of this same question asked for some other games done by other groups. It's more a design oversight from some developers, whom I would think are new to the game design scene and missed some of the details.

If Intersol is now updating Pretty Snails, you have to wonder if they're going to do the same for Penguin Rescue. Sometimes I wonder about their business strategy and if they're showing a "one trick pony" status? A couple of the last few games didn't get much traffic in the forums at least...

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 8:11:02 AM PST

Go to: