tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Regarding the cold blood elixir recipe issue

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 17, 17 8:02 PM
Starting a game from the beginning is not exactly the best thing, especially when you're almost halfway into it, however, I'm posting this in case someone wants to try it out.

I had the recipe issue as well. I decided to start the game from scratch, under a different profile of course. When I reached the tapestry mini-game, I switched the screen into window mode, waited for the skip button to charge, skipped the mini-game and right away the cutscene that follows. I had no idea what I was doing, obviously, but this time I managed to get the recipe. I'm not sure but it looks like the cutscene is what causes the problem.

Nevertheless, this shouldn't be happening. The game has a technical issue and the developers need to address it.

Just wanted to add that I completed both main game and bonus chapter without any further issues and I'm glad for that because, apart from the recipe glitch, this game is really good.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 6:58:53 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Regarding the cold blood elixir recipe issue

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 19, 17 4:57 PM
Hello tammytheo,

I'm really sorry that the game had to be restarted to obtain the cold blood elixir recipe and appreciate the time you took to let other players know how this obstacle was overcome. I wanted to swim by and let everyone know that an update for people playing the PC version of the game has been released. Instructions about obtaining this update, which should fix the error preventing the recipe from being gotten, can be found in the following announcement:

Update! New version available for Lost Lands: Ice Spell CE (PC) - September 19, 2017

If troubles continue after the update is downloaded, please contact our Technical Support Team for further troubleshooting guidance. Thank you for your patience and please PM a moderator if anymore questions arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 20, 17 8:40 PM
Well, since I've already finished the game, I can't take advantage of the update that's been released but it's good to see there is one available anyway. Thank you for taking the time to reply bfgBeruna and thank you FIVE-BN for providing a fix.

Re:Regarding the cold blood elixir recipe issue update

[Post New]by neffb4neff on Sep 24, 17 11:11 AM
I tried to get the update that is suppose to be available and when manually telling system to load any updates, I'm told that there are no updates

[Post New]by piscesdragon on Sep 24, 17 11:45 AM
I also am being told there is no update for the game.

[Post New]by piscesdragon on Sep 24, 17 12:57 PM
Found a fix... I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it started me back to just after I had repaired the tapestry. This time I watched all through the talking and he gave me the recipe.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 26, 17 4:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your continued patience. If the troubles with this game continue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to pass your information to the teams behind the game and provide another solution.

Going forward, please post any technical questions to the thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: Ice Spell Collector's Edition here.

This will help the Moderation Team track ongoing issues with the game and will allow us to respond to inquiries with more speed. Thanks for your help with this, and please PM myself or a fellow moderator if more questions arise. It's always a pleasure to provide assistance.

bfgBeruna

lau_less1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by lau_less1 on Sep 26, 17 7:39 PM
I have the recipe, it won't let me use it! It keeps telling me to "follow the recipe"! I have all the ingredients!
What now Devs?

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 7:43:21 PM PST

[Post New]by neffb4neff on Sep 29, 17 1:23 PM
After trying several times to download the fix and having no success, I decided to start the game over with a different profile also. I didn't reload the game, only started it over. The difference this time was that I slowed down and made sure I listened to all conversations before moving on. That's it!! I had no problems recovering the cold blood elixir and was thankful that there were no other glitches. Why, you ask am I thankful? After playing the game, including the bonus chapter, I'm absolutely in love with this game. I haven't had this much fun playing a game in quite some time.
I don't know if my comments will help anyone but I sure do hope that everyone gets an opportunity to finish this game. Well done!

Go to: