Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 24: Deserted Island here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 18, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 5:13:41 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 24: Deserted Island here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 18, 17 5:13 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help pages, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Sep 19, 17 8:09 AM
I downloaded the trial version of Fantasy Mosaics 24 and at first everything went well. I entered my player name, was asked to play and chose the 1st scene. I was presented the introduction and instructions and asked to choose the game mode. Then the game just froze - no grid, no arrows, nothing worked! (The same happened with all the previous versions of Fantasy Mosaics...)
What am I doing wrong?
I have a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, CPU E2180, RAM 2,00GB @2.00GHz 2.00GHz

Thank you

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 19, 17 10:40 AM
Hello xanamia,

I'm so sorry the game froze for you. Let's see if we can fix that.

Whenever a game freezes, I recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Freezing can be indicative of a display issue, and since this driver determines how the computer shows images, installing an update can fix the matter. I also suggest running the game with administrator permissions. Both processes are outlined in the help pages below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Should these steps not work, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Sep 20, 17 5:59 AM
Did everything I was told but nothing worked so I uninstalled the game.
Maybe I am luckier next time.

Thank you

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 22, 17 12:52 PM
Hello xanamia,

I'm so sorry my steps weren't more helpful. Please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide new solutions.

Please PM me if there's more you'd like to discuss. The other moderators are also available via a PM. We'd be happy to help you.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Oct 11, 17 1:26 PM
I decided I did not want the game, so I exited out of it and then attempted to delete the game using the game manager. I got an error message stating the game was still running. I rebooted my computer and tried again. I got the same message again. HELP, please!! How can I delete this game?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 11, 17 1:32 PM
Hi westvirginiawife,

I'm sorry to hear that an error message occurs saying the game is still running. Since it sounds like you are wanting to uninstall this game, please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page for these specific steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If you continue to have issues, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to provide furhter assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by otterhound on Nov 6, 17 10:08 AM
I have just purchased Fantasy Mosaics 24. I have played most of this series. However, I am having an odd problem. The game will not let me go beyond the first board. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, activated, etc. What should I try next?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 6, 17 2:21 PM
Hi otterhound,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble progressing in the game. When this sort of thing happens, it can be related to the game's files not having the permissions they need to open up or function correctly. In those cases, we recommend trying to run the game with more permissions using Administrator mode. The following link has steps on how to do that:

If that doesn't get things working better, please feel free to send a message to our Technical Support Team. They're better equipped with tools to continue assisting from that point. You're also welcome to reach out to me or one of our other Moderators by PM with additional questions or concerns. We're always glad to assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by otterhound on Nov 7, 17 3:04 PM
I have a Mac so running an administrator mode is not possible. Next suggestion? Thanks for the help

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 7, 17 4:01 PM
Hi otterhound,

For our Mac users, we have some specific troubleshooting steps to try, since a lot of issues with Mac games come back to a software update being missing somewhere. Steps to help with checking for those updates can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should there still be issues after that, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They're best equipped to assist after basic troubleshooting hasn't resolve an issue. You're also always welcome to PM me or one of the other Moderators. We'll do everything we can to help out.

bfgArinelle

Go to: