Eggs

Bigfish_tanya
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Eggs

[Post New]by Bigfish_tanya on Sep 18, 17 5:19 AM
Should I put the phoenix egg the squirrel egg and the panda egg up on my wish list?

Re:Eggs

[Post New]by Landuselawyer on Sep 18, 17 6:48 AM
Hi, Tanya. Speaking only for myself, I'm at level 78 and I love being able to gift eggs to other players, especially folks who are at lower levels and can really use the cash value of the egg (or may be looking to complete their set of pets.). I know some people think it's selfish to put eggs in the list, but I disagree. Also, there's the (very slim) chance that Just John will send you an egg or high-value gift--it happened to me at least once! (Do beware of John's own list, though--he asks for high-value items, and I don't know if he returns the favor. Anyone have thoughts on that?)
Plus, some of us with more than one game gift things back and forth to ourselves. I gift eggs from my 78 level game to my level 30 game. Some friends I have on both games also gave my "newbie" game eggs, when I had the request up, which was very kind of them!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 18, 17 6:54 AM
1 at a time - ok. All 3? That would come across as very greedy to me. Those eggs are easier to get than they used to be, but it is still a rarity to get 1 from the game, much less 3!

I know you've asked how to get more coins, & we've given you many suggestions, but expecting your friends to give you multiple expensive gifts, rather than doing the rounds & working to earn it yourself, is not the answer.

And if a friend is generous enough to give you one of these, I hope you will be extremely generous in return.

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 6:56:42 AM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 18, 17 7:47 AM
I have 2 feeder games that gift my main the DQ zz items. On their wish list, I have the Mechanical Heart and the phoenix egg. John has never gifted an egg, but has frequently gifted the Mechanical Heart.

Gifting to John doesn't seem to influence his gifting. On one of my feed games, he gifts the Mechanical Heart frequently, and on the other one, he gifts it rarely. I have never gifted to him.

Judging from other threads on the same or similar topic, it seems that most are somewhat resentful of people putting up eggs on their wish list.

When I was low level and struggling for coin, I crafted the Mechanical Heart to sell. It also shows up about ever 10 levels until the 60's as a quest item. When it did, I would craft and sell it over & over to build up my coin instead of turning in the quest. If you craft to sell, make sure to put up the stamps on your wish list, and never use the unique stamp to do it.

The DQs give a very good amount of coin, so it might be a good idea to do them.

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Sep 18, 17 7:59 AM
I have an old game on an old computer that I am using as feeder to clear it. I have only one egg on it and it seems that John gifts to it quite often. I use it as feeder to my other games. On my name plate of other games I put [no gift egg) because of feeder game.

I help lower levelers also with eggs when I have a few...

Ellen

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 18, 17 8:18 AM
When eggs rarely presented on the Wheel ...... when eggs were difficult to get from the Wheel after it DID show up ....... some players put up one egg in hopes of that egg appearing on the Wheel.

There are 10 puzzles that have now been released ..... they recharge after 5 hours from playing ..... many players have time available to play the puzzles at least 2x.......that equates to 20 chances to guess correctly and win an egg. Much better odds for success than just waiting and hoping for one from the Wheel.

Some players also put eggs on their wish list to transfer from a feeder game and to encourage one from Just John.

When I see 3 and 4 eggs on a player's wish list, I pass it over and close it out .... the game already offers many ways to get additional coins much faster than it did even a year ago..... the lower 20 levels have been practically gutted to make advancement insanely fast (which only makes players more impatient when they get to the harder, more costly levels).

This is a game that is not meant to reach content end in a day, a week, a month ..... for me, the fun of playing was watching that progress and knowing that I had accomplished much. And, it was challenging to figure out new ways to get to that content end (Do I feed a pet for something? Do I play a puzzle to try for something? Do I decide to use an Amulet to get back into some HOSs quicker? Do I have enough stamps to craft what is coming up? Do I need to just stop questing and do a few rounds to build up said stamps and add to coins?) ...... asking for and getting items from friends may get you somewhere faster, but it diminishes the accomplishment (for me).

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Sep 18, 17 10:29 AM
I sometimes put an egg on my wish list, and have gotten at least one, maybe two, from Just John. I really don't expect other players to give me one. I am saving eggs as a bank in case I run out of coins, and would probably not gift one to a friend unless that friend has been very loyal about sending me gifts.

I used to try for higher coin value things on my wish list, and may ask for seasonal items, but right now I am asking primarily for stamps and airship items.

Cute_Moni
Clownfish
Clownfish
501 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Sep 18, 17 11:07 AM
Hi Tanya, I am with Druid - put the eggs on your list one at a time. It worked for me...
Moni

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 18, 17 12:19 PM
I have given eggs several times because I don't keep them in big quantity ---- I'm always thinking the devs might just change the value of them like they did before. (I think the Pegasus egg dropped in value quite a bit.)

But asking for them doesn't hurt at all ---- maybe 2 or 3 at a time is a bit much.

However, if it is eggs for seasonal events, that's the only way to get them out of season.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 18, 17 12:42 PM
When I was at a lower level, I would put one egg on my wish list in order to get the pet, or maybe some needed coins, but when one or two of my generous friends gifted it I would immediately take it off my list. I have gifted eggs myself when I have won several on the WOF, but not to the same person time and time again. I do not like to see a friend with nothing but eggs on the list (unless they are seasonal) and not have a regular item I could gift because I still want to return the favor of them gifting me. There are many good suggestions here on how to build up your coins, but bottom line is this IS a hidden object scene game, and the best one I have ever come across.

Have fun!!

~Paula

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Eggs

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 18, 17 1:19 PM
Bigfish_tanya wrote:Should I put the phoenix egg the squirrel egg and the panda egg up on my wish list?

You do not mention which platform you play on, why you need the eggs or what level you are on.
If you posted on the forum first I would probably send an egg if I was able.Some players have real life problems & I will always try to help them if I can.One click can brighten up someone's day.

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Sep 18, 17 1:52 PM
I would always gift an egg if I had an extra. At least one of my friend has four eggs on his/her wish list and it is disappointing when I don't have one to gift...

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 18, 17 2:22 PM
It sounds like we have the same friend, skdu! It is very frustrating.

So many times here we have encouraged our friends, beseeched them even, to please put a variety of items on their wishlist. Whatever airship item you're lowest on - it always helps to have your inventory balanced - whatever food you're lowest on - same reason - whatever stamp you're lowest on - ditto - & a goodie - for a friend who is able to be generous. If everyone would do that, it would make gifting soooo much easier on all of us!

I love giving gifts & give 15 every day. But it's so frustrating to see someone only ask for really expensive/hard-to-get/always-in-demand items & not be able to send them anything! Maybe I can send 1, but day after day, week after week? No.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 18, 17 3:11 PM
cbtx wrote:I have given eggs several times because I don't keep them in big quantity ---- I'm always thinking the devs might just change the value of them like they did before. (I think the Pegasus egg dropped in value quite a bit.)
Hmmmm...... I don't recall any change in the value (to sell) an egg......The amount of coins required to CRAFT the original pets was drastically reduced..... Unfortunately, I did not make records for the original cost and the current cost, so I cannot quote specific examples. (I do remember that one originally cost 20,000 coins to craft and it was changed to 2,000).

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 18, 17 3:19 PM
Pegasus I remember acutely well, because it was such a painful, expensive expenditure at 50,000 coins!!!
But I wanted her so bad cause she's just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Then shortly thereafter, the price dropped to 5000 coins. (Where's the emoji for crushed?)

But her pretty egg has always sold for just 300 coins.

Yes, Pegasus is seared into my memory.

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Sep 18, 17 3:26 PM
Bigfish_tanya, I don't see why putting 2 eggs on a wish list is bad. 1 for coins and 1 for a pet.
magrat

ohpleeze
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by ohpleeze on Sep 18, 17 3:28 PM
Desertdruid, 50,000 for any egg sounds like someone made a mistake. Wish I had been there for that.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 18, 17 3:38 PM
ohpleeze wrote:Desertdruid, 50,000 for any egg sounds like someone made a mistake. Wish I had been there for that.
The egg didn't cost 50,000 coins to secure...... you had to figure a way to get it from either the Fortune Wheel, from a friend gifting it .... and back then, they sometimes showed up on the Dice Table to play for (usually against the Dragon).

It cost 50,000 coins to CRAFT the egg (once you actually were successful in securing it)

Basically .... you can compute the cost for any original pet by adding a zero to the current coin amount requested. ...... they were all very expensive to craft and none so stellar in giving gold chests as the Spring pets. ...... plus, they require more bags of food for each feeding.

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 3:40:20 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 18, 17 3:39 PM
It was originally 50,000 coins to CRAFT Pegasus.
And yes, I think that was a horrible mistake that many of us endured.

suec96
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by suec96 on Sep 18, 17 3:58 PM
I only remember getting an egg from the wheel. Where or how else do you get them ?
I am going to be stepping into these convos and posts to learn all I can from you amazing players. I don't want to cram just one player with my million questions, and speaking of a million, that's my goal......a million coins! Earned not $$ purchased!
I think I said in some MC forum before how I almost had to quit because I spent too much $$. Then some of you good players were kind enough to help and share some tips with me.

I have not spent another penny since (at least not on MC. Love BFG and pay my monthly). My personal goal is to NOT spend another penny on MC and instead learn how to get coins within the game.
This is new for me. I got to level 69 (were I am now), but did not stop to smell the roses, so to speak, didn't look around or really check things out. Just did what the 'Old Crow' said. I follow instruction well, and would use up all my pets food, all my diamonds and I have no MC cash (lol).
Now I know to do the daily quests, the puzzles (ugh) and other things like look at these posts!
Here is an embarrassing question. What are all the initialisums y'all use for, like I know ZZ's are Zoom Zones, and DQ's are the daily quests, and then we make our own like MC or whatever. I just called 'Prof. Pinfeathers' an Old Crow...lol.
But really could some one make a list?
I LOVE the lists I have found so far. Soo Helpful, so thanks for that.
I also just read some of you high level players are willing to gift items that can be sold for higher amounts of coin. I am raising my hand... and hoping I could be a recipient.
Is this pan handling?? opps, hope not. I just wanted to put myself out there as a grateful receiver. I may not be able to return too valuable a gift in return, but when I can....y'all will be showered in gifts.

All pm responses welcome.
SUECQ

Go to: