Update Sept. 19th

Update Sept. 19th

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 18, 17 3:45 PM
Super, thank you BF! Going back to a city, you go back to where you were; Sydney has been overhauled AND we can change the kind of resources in the new, fewer factories; the treasure chests changed into daily rewards (the first one being the usual 2500 resources), this might prove to be interesting for frequent players. Lets hope the glitch in completing the level on the last move has been ironed out as well.

EDIT: Finally the girl has gotten a much needed make-over, the inane comments have gone and there are lots of free boosts!

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 4:04:54 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Update Sept. 19th

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 18, 17 5:33 PM
Lucky you! I guess we on IOS have to wait for apple to approve the update again- hope they don't take as long as they did last time

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 18, 17 7:02 PM
I posted a thank you on the seniors thread, just replying here too. Yes,, hope the update doesn't take as long, last time was a very long one after the android one. Lets hope the update is the same on IOS as its been for globetrotter and must therefore be others with that good update too.

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 18, 17 7:53 PM
This is odd. The update was for Android users? It's not showing up for me in the Google play store yet. :/ Maybe I need to reboot my phone or something.
That's really cool that they added/took out things, as suggested by users.

I know the last time there was a Gummy Drop survey I wrote a significant amount in the last box that asked for additional comments or suggestions. Among other things, I asked for an intern/architect/master builder indicator while in a level (which I'm sure other players have been asking for as well) and in one of the more recent updates they added that.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 18, 17 8:40 PM
Wow, are you serious globetrotter? God, I hope iOS doesn't take forever like that last one, it sounds like GD finally listened to us!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Sep 18, 17 9:22 PM
Hi globetrotter and all mobile players.....

I am very happy for all of my GD friends who play on a mobile device. These changes will surely be welcomed by all of you. I can only hope the devs will put out an update for PC players to allow them to change resources in our factories, participate in the new treasure chest rewards and not have to contend with the inane comments while playing and having opportunity to get lots of free boosts. It makes no difference at this time for me or other PC players but I have a few questions...... about changing resources in the factories....is it only in Sydney factories? Please explain how the treasure chests work for you now....are they not offered every 4 hours with a cost of various amounts but actually only offered once a day with no costs but just rewards (ie: 2500 resources), how are you getting lots of free boosts and are all of the comments removed from the board while you are playing any level??? Thanks.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 19, 17 12:35 AM
This will be interesting, I only built 5 of the factories in Sydney, I wonder when the update comes to IOS and I get to see the changes myself, if it will keep the 5 I have already built, or if it will be any of those that go in the update, and if others that are currently not built remain. Also if I get to alter the chosen resources they make. Will soon find out I guess.

zapberry
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by zapberry on Sep 19, 17 12:56 AM
globetrotter217 wrote:@zapberry, I got a message in "downloads available" on my Galaxy, that is how I knew!

It's so weird because both my tablet and my phone say the last Gummy Drop update was August 26...

My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy and I'm positive it's running a different Android than my phone, not to mention I don't play GD on my tablet much anymore and I think the version on there was the Easter Island update.

I do all my gummy dropping on my phone.

I'm sure it'll show up for me eventually xD

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 19, 17 4:42 AM
Has globetrotter217 been at the sherry or are they dreaming about the changes and posting in their sleep?

Nothing changed for me on Android and no update waiting when I go to the Play store.

I've checked on phone and tablet.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 4:43:04 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 19, 17 4:45 AM
Strange.... sometimes game developers do a soft release in just one or two countries, as a kind of beta testing. I wouldn't think GD would do that though.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 19, 17 5:22 AM
Back maybe ten years ago the forum had a time limit on it. You couldn't make more than X number of posts including edits of posts within so many minutes. Don't know if that rule is still there because I don't make as many posts these days. Back when Plants vs Zombies was newish on PC, I considered myself an expert and tried to help a lot of players.

If your problem is with making the first post in a few hours then it's going to be either the forum server is having issues or your internet connection is being slow/noisy.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 5:24:32 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 19, 17 7:10 AM
No android update here yet. I am confused about Sydney. I used coins to maximize all the resource centers and I had a good selection of all three resources especially, by pure luck. What happens to my investment if they eliminate some of them? I use these centers for my daily trades.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 19, 17 8:32 AM
Snowman, the number of resourcecenters has been reduced to 5 and their output increased although it varies per center, so you have to make your selection all over again, witout extra cost of course. I too had the old ones all maxed out and I suppose and hope that the new situation equals my initial investment.

Edited on 09/19/2017 at 8:33:12 AM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 19, 17 8:46 AM
Thanks globetrotter, I was wondering about that also, I did all but the last 2 resource centers. Also just out of curiosity what time is it in Germany ??, I know that it's 1:45 am in Australia (jules home) and it's 8:45 am PDT here.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 19, 17 9:21 AM
No android update for me either. I'm sad! [b]

Fish

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 19, 17 9:26 AM
Thanks again globetrotter, you're 9 hours ahead of me, marie1931 should be an hour behind you near Paris. I like to know that the folks I'm chatting with aren't in bed. LOL!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 19, 17 9:27 AM
Speaking of time, I just noticed that my last post shows it's 9:21 am here. I'm on the east coast and it's actually 12:21 pm, so I guess it's showing Pacific time for me even though I'm not over there, but would like to be, or take an extended trip anyway!

!

Fish

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 19, 17 9:31 AM
Thanks fish, I'll make a note of yours too. I'm originally from Rhode Island, been living in Southern California since '66.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 19, 17 11:03 AM
Or, as the Beach Boys sang "California Girls."

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Sep 19, 17 12:18 PM
Ah, Snowman, I am an (old) girl myself and I'll make do with the Mamas and Papas and California Dreaming

Go to: