CheriRN7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Anything New After Level 56?

[Post New]by CheriRN7 on Sep 19, 17 11:45 AM
Is there anything new after level 56 or is it the same old, same old? Any new areas open up? I'm thinking of calling it quits since it's become too boring with nothing new to look forward to.

bi1fai
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Anything New After Level 56?

[Post New]by bi1fai on Sep 22, 17 3:25 AM
welcome to the club ! indeed nothing happens as soon as the portals are closed. the last update dates from November 2016, we will soon celebrate 1 year of inaction ! we are all condemned to play again and again the same quests, the same collections, to banish the same creatures ... you can be at level 60 or level 500, it is always the same thing. those who continue to play always hope that the game will be updating ... but I think it will not. Finally in the near future (or not near ! ) they will announce as for other games of the same type (agency 33, antique road trip ...) that there will be no update, you will have spent months or years playing for Nothing ! this game is a trap for new players, who can be spending a few dollars. the advice to give new players is to not spend any dollars !!!

cbev
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by cbev on Sep 22, 17 5:12 AM
what happens after this level if you haven't completed all the portal games? do they still close?

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Sep 22, 17 8:01 AM
cbev wrote:what happens after this level if you haven't completed all the portal games? do they still close?

The last HOS (The Watch Tower) is accessible once level 55 is reached. This does not mean that the portals will close; the portals will stay open until such a time as you complete all side quests within them. Once that happens, and you wish to continue with the game, then it's a matter of playing on just to climb the levels ladder.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Sep 22, 17 12:49 PM
bi1fai wrote:welcome to the club ! indeed nothing happens as soon as the portals are closed. the last update dates from November 2016, we will soon celebrate 1 year of inaction ! we are all condemned to play again and again the same quests, the same collections, to banish the same creatures ... you can be at level 60 or level 500, it is always the same thing. those who continue to play always hope that the game will be updating ... but I think it will not. Finally in the near future (or not near ! ) they will announce as for other games of the same type (agency 33, antique road trip ...) that there will be no update, you will have spent months or years playing for Nothing ! this game is a trap for new players, who can be spending a few dollars. the advice to give new players is to not spend any dollars !!!

bi1fai, I couldn't agree more! There are bugs that have been identified and haven't been fixed. That should have already been done. However, about your advice to new players about not spending any dollars, I would extend that to everyone, do NOT spend any real dollars unless the bugs are fixed and there is an update - and maybe not even then.

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Sep 22, 17 5:04 PM
Well I have reached the end as far as the portals are concerned and am proud to say that not one penny was spent on getting there.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Sep 23, 17 6:35 AM
JulietxJules, congratulations!!! I'm plodding along and maybe some day, I'll reach the end. However, I refuse to spend "real" money on a game with bugs and is so "stingy" with earning objects that are needed. It could be a better game, but at least this way I'm not concerned hurrying to the end. There are other BFG games that I enjoy much more.

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Sep 23, 17 7:14 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:JulietxJules, congratulations!!! I'm plodding along and maybe some day, I'll reach the end. However, I refuse to spend "real" money on a game with bugs and is so "stingy" with earning objects that are needed. It could be a better game, but at least this way I'm not concerned hurrying to the end. There are other BFG games that I enjoy much more.

Thank you. In all honesty I never thought I would ever get there - but there it is. I still play it and am currently climbing the levels ladder.

And yes....I have to agree that the game could be a whole bunch better than what it is right now. "Stingy" is a good word for it although I could think of others! There are so many aspects (apart from the bugs) that could be fairer to the player. One thing (there are others) that has constantly irked me from the very start is the inability to place a curse on the HOS of YOUR choosing rather than the game deciding for you. You end up placing curses everywhere just to get the one you need. In effect you use 9 or more curses just to get to the one you want.

Not good at all.

Kathuni
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kathuni on Sep 27, 17 11:44 AM
I am so very disappointed to know theres nothing new to look forward to. I have not been actively playing for awhile now. Go in every day to get and give gifts and stuff and thats about all. I hope it changes soon. Looking forward to the snowmen. Last year was my first time to play.

I'm doing a new free to play game. Learned the hard way, not spending a dime on this new one and its just as much fun, just takes a little longer.

I spent a small fortune on Wanderland when I started it, didn't realize how much till my bank called me to check on my account because I had so many Big Fish debits on my statement. Quit that right away, grateful to the bank.

JulietxJules
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by JulietxJules on Sep 28, 17 8:53 AM
Kathuni wrote:I am so very disappointed to know theres nothing new to look forward to. I have not been actively playing for awhile now. Go in every day to get and give gifts and stuff and thats about all. I hope it changes soon. Looking forward to the snowmen. Last year was my first time to play.

I'm doing a new free to play game. Learned the hard way, not spending a dime on this new one and its just as much fun, just takes a little longer.

I spent a small fortune on Wanderland when I started it, didn't realize how much till my bank called me to check on my account because I had so many Big Fish debits on my statement. Quit that right away, grateful to the bank.

Well. . .disappointing as it is that there might not be future updates, it's a case of 'never say never' and hope against hope that an update will come, eventually.

As for the small fortune you spent on this game, there is a rule which I follow (for myself and my bank balance) and that being: if a game is advertised as 'free to play' then you can bet your life that in-game micro (or not so micro) purchases will exist to tempt you in to spending your cash; in these instances my defenses immediately kick in and scream one word at me.

PATIENCE.

This quality, or virtue, is needed more than any other in a game such as this one. You can choose to run to the finishing line, or you can choose to walk at a leisurely pace. Either way, there's no prizes for getting there.

That's how I see it.

Edited on 09/28/2017 at 8:56:11 AM PST

Go to: