bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 21, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by mommapug1 on Sep 22, 17 8:58 AM
my game wont let me play it just wont start why

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Sep 22, 17 12:25 PM
@mommapug1
Same advice I seem to be giving a lot of people at the mo thanks to Windows 10, it's worth a try.
Current fix for games that won't play in windows 10-
There is an issue with the compatibility of Windows 10 with some games. It just won't let you play them. If this is the issue you are experiencing then this fix will take care of it. If this doesn't work then the issue you are having must be something else.

This works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes and access violations.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 22, 17 4:20 PM
Sazoria, I don't even use Win 10 on my primary PC, but I'm still saving a copy of your post! My laptop is Win 10 and I use it mostly for work, but you never know... It'll be much handier to just have a copy of the workaround saved on that PC, than to try to hunt around for it.

You'd think by now, Windows 10 would be mostly fixed, but I think Microsoft just doesn't care anymore.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 22, 17 4:45 PM
Hello mommapug1,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry there was trouble downloading this game, and I'm really glad sazoria swam by to offer some troubleshooting assistance. I'd like to provide a little more.

Some Windows 10 players have found that lowering their computer's screen resolution has allowed previously broken games to open. Just in case, I've included the instructions for that below:

1. From your desktop, right-click and select Display Settings.
2. Select the Advanced display settings option at the bottom of the menu.
3. Lower your screen resolution and click Apply.
4. Try playing your game again.

If the game still won't open, please check that the computer's video card driver is up to date and run the game with administrator permissions. Both processes have also been successful in fixing games in the past. The help pages below contain instructions for both troubleshooting suggestions.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Should the trouble continue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue providing assistance. Going forward, I'd also recommend posting technical inquiries to the designated thread which I've included below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master CE here.

This will ensure the Moderation Team sees and responds to your inquiries as quickly as possible and helps keep the forum organized. Thanks for your help with this, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: