Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 21, 17 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 6:18:01 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognised Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 21, 17 1:17 AM
I had no issues with the demo. Story seems interesting. The only thing that bugs me is when you receive an object and you have to click directly on the "OK". Instead of clicking on the object, or outside the window. For those of us who like to speed thru games, it is a little irritating. Otherwise, everything ran fine. I'll wait for the weekend special to buy.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 1:23:20 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognised Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 21, 17 2:17 AM
Let's see now ----

- a possessed puppet?

- a "helper" that is annoying (again)?

- a redo in a series that is popular mostly with the developer?

Have these things been done before?
And the answer is ---- over and over and over.

What is with these HOPAs that all have to be in "series" that are not particularly interesting or fun ---- and are declared "wildly popular" or some other exaggerated sales pitch when the true sales of these "series" games indicate they have not got enough popularity to sustain their repeated efforts?
Are there no original ideas any more?

Nothing new or original here at all, and certainly calling this tedious effort a CE is a real big stretch. I wouldn't even think about this one as a Daily Deal.
But no worries ---- by tomorrow I will have forgotten it completely.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 21, 17 3:17 AM
Short, creepy, stupid

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognised Master Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Sep 21, 17 3:25 AM
SquirrelGirrrl wrote:I had no issues with the demo. Story seems interesting. The only thing that bugs me is when you receive an object and you have to click directly on the "OK". Instead of clicking on the object, or outside the window. For those of us who like to speed thru games, it is a little irritating. Otherwise, everything ran fine. I'll wait for the weekend special to buy.

If you're wanting it now, as of 5:25 AM CST yesterdays code, GAMECLUB still works

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 21, 17 3:45 AM
It was all going reasonably well and perhaps a contender for the SE when it's released until we are introduced to.......pause for drum roll.....a helper that you have to build, name and modify for various tasks

If that wasn't bad enough, it seems an angry dog/cat is the latest addition to every game. Then there's the good old rusty 'something that needs oiling' and my absolute favourite, the missing zip(per) pull It was at this point that I said 'ok that's it for me'.

I might have even gone for the CE as the story was quite good, the graphics weren't bad and the HOS/mini-games fairly entertaining but every element has been over-used to such an extent that each game feels no different to the last one. One dev comes up with an idea and in the next half dozen games, they all use it.

A HOPA has to be pretty special these days to get my money; this isn't one of them.

No technical issues with the demo but I only played 42 minutes. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 3:45:58 AM PST

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 21, 17 5:18 AM
It started out well, but then we get to the mechanical bird "helper". I liked very few of these "helpers". I was disheartened but I was just like, well, ok. I'll go with it. Then a short while later I clicked on the kiwi (who I just named Kiwi because I couldn't be bothered to think of a name) to see him and found out that he needed to be modified. Umm, no, I don't like the helper enough to keep modifying them.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 21, 17 5:34 AM
Pinocchio is possessed, and we have another stupid mechanical bird. Is this a Spirit of Revenge game or a Puppet Show game?

Spoiler Alert: there's matching symbols, a missing zipper pull and magical instant rust removing oil used just in the demo alone! How creative!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 21, 17 6:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Sep 21, 17 8:55 AM
pennmom36 wrote:Pinocchio is possessed, and we have another stupid mechanical bird. Is this a Spirit of Revenge game or a Puppet Show game?

Spoiler Alert: there's matching symbols, a missing zipper pull and magical instant rust removing oil used just in the demo alone! How creative!

All I need is to see some special magic rune-hunting binoculars and it's a click on the rubbish bin icon for a game.

Cute assistants are just about bearable, but collecting things to buy nice things for their rooms/cages leaves me cold.

I want difficult to find (preferably morphing) collectibles with an indication on screen or on a map that they're there and when you've found them. Bring on the original but not too difficult puzzles, interactive HOPAs and a good story that doesn't insult the intelligence.

I'm not hard to please, honestly!

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Sep 21, 17 10:01 AM
Based on the demo: The storyline here seemed like it had the potential to be interesting, but the green-eyed possession thing didn't work for me at all. I would have preferred the devs had spent more time letting us see this possession manifest itself in subtler, more interesting ways, rather then having us chase around making candied apples, finding dog whistles, & repairing hydrants. If the robot bird had been a sleek little creature who performed actions quickly, I could have lived w/ that, as I think robotic helpers are kind of cool, but that went out the window, too (no bird-type reference pun intended). The HO scenes, mini-games, collectibles, & morphs were average okay, but something about the whole demo just struck me as bland; I broke off in the middle of it to go do something else for a while, something I don't think I've done before, as I simply felt bored. As is often the case these days, I may go back & investigate earlier episodes in the series to see if I like them any better. Hope some folks will enjoy this one, as for me, I'm glad there was a sale yesterday. Happy Thursday, all.

Edited on 09/21/2017 at 10:05:45 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 22, 17 12:33 AM
Well, I like this game. I own all the previous games in the series - liked some better than others - and will purchase this one as well.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: Unrecognized Master Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sollys on Sep 22, 17 12:18 PM
I feel it is too bad some of you players do not enjoy this game. I own only 4 of the series but have enjoyed the ones I have played and am especially are enjoying this game. I love the storyline, the graphics, the HOS, and the puzzles The helper is delightful flitting around. I will buy this game. On Windows 8.1.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 22, 17 4:20 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others to review. We have #6 in this series, no, I do not have them all either. This game has nice clear graphics for a change. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo. Colors are quite nice and bright. Voices are age and character appropriate, with emotion and not just someone reading a script. I noted that we cannot click through dialog if we read faster than they speak. Animation is excellent when it comes to facial movements, but the legs just don't seem to work in this game. The characters just sort of float in and out of the scene and don't actually walk, where some just seem to jump in your face. Weird. Music is soothing, but moves with whatever may be happening in a scene at the time. Sound FX aren't bad. We do have a bird helper, which I'm not too fond of. He's actually kind of creepy looking, but then, he is mechanical.

HOPs are varied interactive lists and interactive silhouettes. The scenes are fairly clear and items are not difficult to find. Puzzles are a little different and well done. Some took me some time and thought to complete, but not all that difficult either. Didn't run across many HOPs or puzzles in this one, but enough. Hint system is quite helpful and we do have a transport feature for longer locations. The jump map is also helpful, but it is very bland and boring and not really needed for this game, except to see where the missed collectibles are hiding.

Collectibles are many. We have "actors" figurines, which I haven't run a cross yet. We a lot of morphing items, which morph very slowly, so it is easy to miss them. We also have paint tubes, which open a special puzzles. Looks like we have three extra puzzles to complete in this one. We also have to find musicians. This is something else I didn't run across during the demo.

The game wasn't bad at all and the story line was okay, but did seem to move a bit slowly, but it was easy to follow. I beta tested this a while back and I see that they did fix some "oops" in the game play. Even though there isn't much challenge, I sort of liked this one, and I especially like all the collectibles...the more the better. I think most players will find this one fun for one reason or another. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection of CE games, but I will wait for a really good special.

As always, try if out for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

AdrianaIP
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by AdrianaIP on Sep 23, 17 7:23 AM
Vandel has a lot of cheek to keep on offering new titles when they have failed for years to fix the problem with "Elizabeth secret"

What guarantee do we have that this game is equally flawed, that we will never finish it, and that Vandel will never fix it?

They will not sucker me again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 25, 17 3:25 AM
Although I did like the game - as far as I have played, which is not quite to the end of the game - there came a time when I just had enough of all the many many HOS I came across. Not only were there a LOT of HOS, many of those were in silhouette, which became tiring after a while. I simply lost the will to continue the game and deleted it again before I finished it.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Oct 1, 17 12:04 AM
Brief & Boring

wabpita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wabpita on Oct 2, 17 8:08 PM
Started out OK. But don't know what happened and something is wrong but the game is not working for me. I have a mac OSX ElCapitan 10.11.6.
Even the hint button does not help because the pointer is not reacting to the places that should open. Unable to grab things.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Oct 20, 17 2:32 PM
I have one thing to say, devs!! knock it off with back to back puzzles/mini games. Stop waiting til the end of a game to then throw one hos after another into the mix. It kills the story flow and disrupts it. There needs to be a balance where it's spaced out.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 31, 17 8:40 PM
A mediocre game. Nothing new just hope and click. Hated the map system. I never did find out anything about the morphing objects. Just collect them and forget about them?
I may have to rethink my strategy of buying all the CE's of HOP's

Go to: