Tiger eye curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on May 1, 10 11:49 AM
Has anyone played this? did you like it?

Re:Tiger eye curse of the Riddle Box

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on May 1, 10 11:51 AM
Absolutely fantastic - couldn't leave the computer!!!! Different mini-games and whole thing just moved on and on. Lovely.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 1, 10 11:57 AM
Really... Ohhhh Hope Big Fish gets it!

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 1, 10 12:18 PM
I've never heard of this one...what kind of game is it?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 10 7:20 PM
I like it too, put it off for deadtime stories and now eternity, lol. when it rains it pours, lol. Loving it right now.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 1, 10 7:24 PM
This game is done by some folks who previously worked on the Nancy Drew Dossier games. It's a HOG/IHOG.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on May 1, 10 7:39 PM
Howatch wrote:This game is done by some folks who previously worked on the Nancy Drew Dossier games. It's a HOG/IHOG.

Thanks Howatch! If it's from the same makers then I'm thinking it will be a good one...the ND Dossier games were fantastic!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 1, 10 11:01 PM
it was really good and quite different

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on May 4, 10 1:21 PM
Thanks for mentioning this game.

Tried it & bought it -- all under 10 minutes. It's a great IHOG,
with a lot of minigames.
(With a strategy Guide and under $10)

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 8, 10 11:18 AM
I just finished playing Tiger Eye Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box. It is one of the best games that I have played in a long time. It is a wonderful mix of entertaining romance novel dialogue, very well done art work, interactive hidden object game play and a large variety of puzzles.

The story is based on the book Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu. It is an interesting love story with elements of magic, myth and of course danger. The story has lots of fun, wit and tenderness. If you don’t like dialogue you can skip the cut scenes in this game but in my opinion you will really be missing out. The voice actors also did a great job with realistic pleasant voices.

The art work is in comic book style and is beautifully done. It was a welcome change to see the facial expressions of the characters convey real emotions and not just the inanimate blank stares found in so many games. The hidden object scenes can be quite difficult as some of the objects are small and very well blended into the scene. It does require patience and sometimes a few hints to find all of the objects. I actually enjoyed the challenge of the hunt and did not feel overly frustrated by the difficulty of finding the objects.

The music was excellent. If you normally turn off the music, as I do, you should leave it on for a while and see how pleasant it is in this game. The music is actually related to each different scene and is not just generic background music. It enhances the elements of drama, fun and excitement in each part of the game.

The game has lots of different types of puzzles. Everything from word puzzles, tangrams, jigsaw puzzles, pipes puzzles, match-3, logical progressions and more. There is also a mini-game between chapters where you can earn extra hints.

I hope all of the games in this series continue to be as well done as this one.

You can buy a walkthrough with the game but there is a free walkthrough on the internet.

Edited on 05/08/2010 at 11:21:41 AM PST

player_pat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by player_pat on May 21, 10 1:45 AM
THIS GAME IS AWESOME! And I don't hand out "awesome(s) very easily! WHERE'S PART II????

Tiger Eye, Part I, is investigative, a real romance for those into that stuff; and the mini games are plentiful and awesome.

I never buy part I, but this one was soooo good, I had to try it out! -- It's that good, folks!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on May 21, 10 3:30 AM
Totally agree with LizzieK. Tried the game at developers site
and it was a must have about half an hour later.

Edited on 05/21/2010 at 3:30:44 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on May 21, 10 5:53 AM
Hello Fishies,

Just a quick head's up that since we now have a Tiger Eye - Part I: Curse of the Riddle Box game forum, I'm just going to pop this thread over in to that section.

You can continue giving feedback and discussing this great title here

Happy gaming for those of you playing through this game

bfgImbrium

Helen64
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,936 Posts

[Post New]by Helen64 on May 25, 10 7:10 PM
I would love to be able to play the game but it just will not happen for me. Oh well I guess i have to find yet another game to play. Such is life I guess. I am glad everyone else enjoyed the game. shrugs. thanks from Helen.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 7:13:06 PM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 4, 10 6:13 PM
I really enjoyed the puzzles and mini games in this one. The dialogue was a bit hokey and not as realistic as some but the pace of the game was pretty good. Small bits and pieces to find which was tiresome but overall a good game. I will take a real look at part 2.

[Post New]by Coltara on Jun 8, 10 4:19 AM
I played the demo first and was hooked about five minutes into it. it was frustrating trying to find some of the pieces, though, because they blended in so well. I can't wait for part II!

[Post New]by FrankMorgan on Jun 12, 10 10:07 AM
An excellent games, lots of brain thinking challenges. Had to use my magnifier a few times but looking forward to part 2. Only one complaint - the "extra" bonus for over 50 points is a bummer. I had to play the game twice in a row to make the 50 and was so disappointed. Not at all worth the effort. If they want our extra effort it should at least be a fun challenge, not putting on an outfit. But still a really great game.

[Post New]by dacaria on Jun 14, 10 4:39 PM
Played it, loved it. The puzzles were great. Finished it in one night, and couldn't believe it was finished seeing as how it ended with a big cliff hanger. Can't wait for part two.

[Post New]by skinkelaar on Jul 4, 10 6:47 PM
i want the second part to come out

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 4, 10 7:50 PM
I love this game! I'm not a fan of romances, but this game is a definite winner! Part 2 will be out in January (I think that's what the devs said) and it will be a definite buy for me. I've played it twice so far and still don't have any psi points (I use the hints as soon as I get them -- sometimes to skip minigames). Someday I'll unlock the extra scenes!

Go to: