Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Bad Boy Iron Knight

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 21, 17 7:43 PM
I thought Merlin would [Removed by Moderator] against the Iron Knight on the dice game!! No such luck, this dude is so hard to beat!

I’ve tried pretty, I’ve tried sweet, I’ve tried scary, I’ve tried old and contrary.

Tell me, you handsome devil, what will it take, I’m just trying to win a few diamonds (or a date)

I know, pretty lame! just can’t win against him in this game

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 11:31:18 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:Bad Boy Iron Knight

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 21, 17 7:48 PM
I won the Frog Witch before they added the other achievements.... when they added the other characters, I just used her against everyone else.... I'm not convinced any specific avatar does better than any other... HOWEVER, if I "really" want to try and beat any given character, I'll use the Frog Witch....

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 21, 17 7:58 PM
I would LOVE to have the frog witch! She is my most favorite Avitar, sadly I don’t have her.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 21, 17 8:03 PM
Love_rnr wrote:I would LOVE to have the frog witch! She is my most favorite Avitar, sadly I don’t have her.

The avatar I used to win the Frog Witch was the Pirate Girl... before I won the Pirate Girl, I used the male dark Pirate.... in other words, since you don't have her, try the Pirate Girl, if you don't have the Pirate Girl, use the male Pirate.... and

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 21, 17 8:23 PM
Got it, I will definitely use the Pirate Girl next time! Still learning what works best, thank you!!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 22, 17 5:19 AM
Part of the "challenge" is that there is no guarantee any given avatar will work better than any other given avatar.... though, it seems like, before all these new achievements, they did... could have been my imagination or the fact that I just wanted to believe it.... plus, games play soooooo differently, I have 4 games, what works in one game totally BOMBS in another game.... I had a friend pm me to watch the dealer's hand, and when he raises his third finger, to bet.... he swore by it in his game and it NEVER worked in any of my games... hahahaha.....

best of luck ... fight the good fight and hopefully, have FUN!!!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 22, 17 7:12 AM
It just seems to be some sort of percentage ..... I kept tabs in the PC game of wins versus loses when playing the Dragon ...Don't still have those notes, but I think my win percentage was around 42% ... And, if someone had asked me what I THOUGHT my win percentage was, I probably would have said somewhere around 33%. (So the actual results surprised me)

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 22, 17 7:31 AM
I've been having terrible luck against the Knight lately - I used to do much better than now. Plus, lately I've been winning against Anabel with really low rolls - yesterday I rolled a 4 & she rolled a 3! That never used to happen.

And no, Merlin wasn't a winner for me either.

I don't know if it's just the random "sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" cycle or if something got "adjusted". Either is totally possible.

Maybe I'll give Pirate Girl another try - it's been awhile. She's probably itching to get out.

unofrio
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
412 Posts

[Post New]by unofrio on Sep 22, 17 7:58 AM
Merlin bombed for me. It appears he's not very good at dice and not willing to use his wizarding skills to cheat.

Take this with a grain of salt but my favorite avatar is the handsome gentleman in the top hat and except for showing off avatars won in the CC's or changing for holidays (sometimes) I stick with him and have pretty good luck on both games with the dice. Maybe he's a gambler. All I know is he's not in game but he's a handsome, styling fellow so I like him.

D-NY

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 22, 17 7:49 PM
Thanks gohill!!! Pirate Girl came thru for me tonight, won 2 out of 3.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 22, 17 8:21 PM
Love_rnr wrote:Thanks gohill!!! Pirate Girl came thru for me tonight, won 2 out of 3.

COOL!!! .........course, you're win averages are probably going to end up like A.e.gram wrote.... somewhere between 40 and 50% of the time... and I'm being generous with the 50%... thoooooooooough it COULD happen... anything is possible... keep the faith and

whitemane
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by whitemane on Sep 23, 17 11:33 AM
unofrio wrote:
Take this with a grain of salt but my favorite avatar is the handsome gentleman in the top hat and except for showing off avatars won in the CC's or changing for holidays (sometimes) I stick with him and have pretty good luck on both games with the dice. Maybe he's a gambler. All I know is he's not in game but he's a handsome, styling fellow so I like him.

D-NY

Unofrio, I presume you mean Detective Bogart ([/i]He's sly and full of style[i]), with his cane across his shoulder. I've renamed him as he went with the player name I use - Dr White[mane]. I also have had very good luck at the dice table with him. At the moment I am using him against the Troll and have 20 more wins to get to complete all the dice challenges.

Doc...............

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 23, 17 11:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

I can definitely appreciate how the Iron Knight looks like he could defeat Merlin, and I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. The results of the dice games are randomized, so players win or lose independent of the avatars they use. I'd also like to quickly remind everyone of the Forum Rules while I'm over here, specifically:

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

Players of all ages visit the forums, so even when it's censored, profanity is prohibited. This rule helps the Moderation Team maintain a welcoming and safe environment for everyone, although we definitely understand the passions surrounding the dice game and how the odd curse can slip out here and there. We appreciate everyone's help with this, too.

Thank you for your time, and please PM me or another active Moderator if any questions or concerns arise. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 23, 17 12:24 PM
Thank you Beruna for the clarification. I would just like to say that I would never use a curse word or profanity in this forum, I do understand the rules and do my best to adhere to them. My apologies.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 23, 17 12:31 PM
Gohill you silly goose you,
Do not wait for the dealer to raise his third finger , wait till his hand starts to move towards his other hand and if you do it right the dice will be up near the finger as it is coming up,
If you wait till he raises his third finger you are to late , idea position for the dice is as close as you can get to the other hand as the third finger comes up it is all in the timing
.Hope this works for you.
Da Cap

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 23, 17 12:40 PM
Generally works the best for me if I just click on the roll as soon as it drops down to do so.....

Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Sep 23, 17 1:26 PM
The Frog Witch is one of my favorite avatars, but only for her looks. I couldn't wait to get her, but once I did, she turned out to be completely inept at the dice table. She loses 3 out of 3 consistently. They keep telling us that the avatars don't matter at the dice table, but when it comes to the Frog Witch, I am unconvinced. Maybe there isn't an avatar that wins more often than others, but the Frog Witch definitely loses more often in my game.

AussieSweet
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by AussieSweet on Sep 24, 17 4:13 AM
Doesn't matter what avatar I use, I usually win one round of 3 and lose the next one. Or I'll win 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2, and in the next round I'll win the exact amount needed to get 3 wins.

Edited on 09/24/2017 at 4:14:16 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 24, 17 6:37 AM
AussieSweet wrote:Doesn't matter what avatar I use, I usually win one round of 3 and lose the next one. Or I'll win 1 or 2, lose 1 or 2, and in the next round I'll win the exact amount needed to get 3 wins.

yep.... overall win rate is, in general, around 40 to 50% (and you are very lucky if it is 50%)....

Go to: