bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 2, 10 12:05 AM
When Catherine receives word of an attack on the Magic Academy, she sets out to save her school from a fate worse than foreclosure! Join her as she learns about The Illusionist, a wizard that's changed the appearance of countless objects around the world and is gathering an unstoppable army. To defeat her nemesis, Catherine will have to figure out ways to switch back and forth between reality and deception to solve puzzles in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions!

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions

[Post New]by KIW0612 on May 2, 10 12:14 AM
Magic Encyclopedia? Haven't even downloaded yet - but just by reputation thast's an instant buy!! I'm sure there will be rave reviews comming soon.

KIW0612

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 2, 10 12:27 AM
Too late for me, BF, I already "emptied" some other "shelf", when you wandered in the HOG "desert"... .

Wonderful game!

When you get used to "see" and see things in two different ways (very interesting point of view), the game becomes not so complicated. So don't give up - give it a chance...

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 2, 10 12:30 AM
I beta'd the game, and bought it the day it was released. It is AWESOME!!! Best game of the year!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on May 2, 10 12:38 AM
I got a chance to play it on another site but just for a few min. It seemed hard. Things hard to find and game hard to figure out. I loved the first, just wondering how hard you think it is. Thanks

catkim
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by catkim on May 2, 10 12:39 AM
I played the demo on another site and it is awsome! Will buy it - but not today. I bought a lot of games in the last days and today. My bank account needs a break today ;-))
catkim

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on May 2, 10 1:54 AM
It's a tough game and could never get through it without the Walkthrough. Loved the first one and own it. Not so sure about this one. I find it very frustrating so will think about buying.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 2, 10 2:07 AM
I never got far into the first installment. Object FRAGMENTS way too tiny and undefined for my small monitor and eyesight. Had to dump it or spend the whole time following walkthroughs. From this walkthrough it looks like the same frustration.

Looks like many find the differences too. Not fun for me.

FROG players have at it, I'll work on 13 other games I never finished but worth trying.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 2, 10 2:31 AM
I'm 40 minutes into the demo and love the game though I'm frustrated right now as I can't figure out everything in the telescope area. This is multi and a definite buy for me.

Where's the Walkthrough? Edited: I found the Walkthrough!

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 2:42:36 AM PST

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on May 2, 10 2:45 AM
Im 30 mins into the trial, and love it, altho the music is very annoying. So have just switched my volume off - problem solved!!
The idea of switching views, is a brilliant one. Very grateful for the hints, as at times, it can be a bit confusing as to what needs to be done.
I am currently at the airship, and need to enter a code, but not sure where to find the key to the code.
Any ideas/help?

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 2, 10 3:25 AM
I thought this game was way to aggrevating for me to even bother, played 22 min and what a relief. I can see how some fishies can get frustrated with some TMG's, that's the same way I felt for this one. I know a few fishies that are just loving it and for those that are have a good time fishies and Happy Gaming!! Mann A T

I have added another post a couple of days ago, on this same thread, page 2.

Edited on 05/22/2010 at 3:13:04 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 2, 10 4:05 AM
phatkhat wrote:I beta'd the game, and bought it the day it was released. It is AWESOME!!! Best game of the year!

Well I vote for Royal Envoy for that but I will agree that Magic Encyclopedia - Illusions is the best IHOG of the year

The game is challenging and entertaining- wonderful

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 2, 10 4:26 AM
Being a big fan of ME 1 and 2, I couldn't wait to get this third one. It's not a game you could sit down and finish in 3 to 4 hours. It took me about 3 days to get through to the end without a walkthrough. By the way, you can search the internet for a walkthrough and the help is out there. I've played it 2 or 3 times now and I still love it............

maricika
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by maricika on May 2, 10 5:34 AM
It is great interesting, new ideas, superbly put together and not too hard. Plus, the hints recharge pretty quick which is another bonus. No idea about how varied the mini games are but after 15 min I have to have it.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on May 2, 10 5:54 AM
Possible Spoiler I am so glad this game is finally out!! It was a definite buy for me. I love it. I tried a demo of it a while back but didn't want to pay their price for it so I waited until BFG got it. It's definitely a challenging game. That's what I like about it. You have to keep changing the way you look at things by clicking on the bottles of Potions and read what they say. I haven't had to use the walkthrough yet. I figured things out on my own. It took some time but I did it. This game takes patience to play. I don't use hints or a walkthrough unless I am stuck beyond stuck.

I did find some things to be small but I was able to find them. I think it depends on the size of the monitor. I have an older computer with a smaller monitor and I don't think I'd be able to find the smaller parts without a walkthrough. I like the fact that some things aren't overtly there.

The graphics are quite beautifully done. Crisp and clear. I had no problem with them. The music is bearable but I have it at a low volume anyway. I usually have the TV on in the background so I keep the music low anyway.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 2, 10 7:39 AM
I don't know if it is a glitch, but the telescope won't accept the piece, and there is no padlock in the scene. According to the walkthrough it is in the upper right corner, but I don't have anything there. Anyone solve this?

Okay, solved. You have to click on the red potion to change the view.

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 7:45:59 AM PST

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions-need help already

[Post New]by bball111 on May 2, 10 8:23 AM
In the lab I have done the red potion puzzle. When I click on the red potion bottle nothing happens and I can't move the blue illusion beaker to trigger the blue puzzle.

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 8:27:00 AM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on May 2, 10 8:26 AM
This game was meant to be a good challenging game which is what I think they all should be. Makes you think about how to get around. Definately not a rush, rush, rush, through it game. Take your time and enjoy it. It's a terrific game.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on May 2, 10 9:21 AM
Just finished the demo. The game was a bit frustrating at first when I was trying to get used to looking at things in the different ways. Graphics were a little more cartoonish than the first 2 games, which to me was a disappointment and kind of a step backwards. However, the graphics were well done. It is a game that you take your time with as you have to go back and forth from one area to another and from one view to another.

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on May 2, 10 10:16 AM
Well this is a first for me, the game keeps jumping around and now it has gone all the way to the beginning and lost all my progress.
I played the demo thru a different site and the hour demo played beautifully. Then my favorite club big fish offers it the next day so I just buy it without demo, cuz what I had seen I loved! But now it has problems. I have never had this happen with a game before! ANyone else? Any ideas?

Go to: