gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 2, 10 5:34 AM
BF games manager is not responding to game closing. Windows Task Manager shows game closed though. When I left the demo the first time, I rebooted my computer and then continued demo. Same thing happened again - games manager didn't acknowledge game closing.

Since I don't want to buy it, this is fyi only.

Edited on 05/02/2010 at 1:27:25 PM PST

Diddah
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues

[Post New]by Diddah on May 2, 10 8:05 AM
I can't even start the game. It keeps opening and closing to my desktop. Frustration, I Beta tested it, loved it and I would love to buy it, but when I can't even make it run, I won't! What can I do?

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues

[Post New]by katy12250 on May 2, 10 8:16 AM
gimmegames wrote:BF games manager is not responding to game closing. Windows Task Manager shows game closed though. When I left the demo the first time, I rebooted my computer and then continued demo. Same thing happened again - games manager didn't acknowledge game closing.

Since I don't want to buy it, this is fyi only.

I was having similiar problem with the game taking forever to close. I was assuming that it was my computer (only 1 GB memory) but maybe it's something else. I know that I had to reboot before I could do anything else.

tracylroza
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tracylroza on May 2, 10 11:45 AM
I am all most to the point of calling it a day with bigfish because of my inability to successfully play the games anymore. Now, I downloaded this one, only to have an access violation.

This is the 4th game in a couple of weeks that I've had issues with.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 2, 10 1:26 PM
Hey Fishies,

If you've beta tested this game before or if you've downloaded a trial from any other site, I would definitely suggest deleting the old version of your game and reinstalling from your Purchase History. An outdated beta or a conflicting trial could cause problems when loading your game.

For help on how to uninstall or reinstall a game, click here for our help article.

Also if you haven't already checked for display updates, this is another troubleshooting step that may help. Check out our help article for more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread as the official thread to post technical issues so we can look into any issues that come up.

As always, if you'd like more troubleshooting assistance, you can contact Customer Support. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Re:Post any Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions tech issues here only

[Post New]by vkacademy on May 2, 10 4:29 PM
Buggy. The magic sand on the boat: uncovered last part of mop but it won't let me pick it up. Quit and uninstalled. I won't be buying this one.

BellaGirl27
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by BellaGirl27 on May 2, 10 4:54 PM
Well this is a first for me, the game keeps jumping around and now it has gone all the way to the beginning and lost all my progress.
I played the demo thru a different site and the hour demo played beautifully. Then my favorite club big fish offers it the next day so I just buy it without demo, cuz what I had seen I loved! But now it has several problems within the game I have never had this happen with a game before! ANyone else? Any ideas? Operating on a vista 64

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on May 2, 10 5:10 PM
I'm not seeing THIS problem yet - when the game starts loading my cursor disappears. I had to go to Task Manager to end the program. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and had the same problem. This time I was able to move the mouse around randomly and accidentally highlighted the exit button, but I still couldn't see the cursor. I'm running Windows Vista, and have not really had any technical problems with any games I've downloaded lately.

[Post New]by lovestoseek on May 2, 10 6:14 PM
well I D/Led 2 times and I get this when I try to start it up..Error Access Violation at 0x004ED3DE (tried to read 0X00000000) program terminated) Thats what it bsays then goes away..????

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on May 2, 10 6:16 PM
When I get to moving the rock with the turtles it freezes the only way round this is too skip the mini-game,no other probs yet

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 2, 10 9:12 PM
I'm stuck at the red potion... finished the red potion puzzle and instead of breaking the illusion nothing happens. I click on hint and I get "Maybe a different view would help." Or something like that... ummm gee yeah a different view WOULD help but the game won't give me a different view. LOL!!! Frustrating. I'm going to uninstall and redownload and see if that makes any difference?? I've never played it before so no old versions or anything else to be causing a problem.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on May 2, 10 9:15 PM
game launches quickly.
NO mouse cursor. YAY! (not!)
can't close game "normally".
try to launch task manager. THAT won't even load now!
crashed my system (thank you very much!)

NOT impressed.

and please, my files ARE up to date. the game is buggy. seems like QA is slipping BF!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on May 2, 10 10:29 PM
Indigo try this... uninstall game... go to flash site and download version 10.. then reinstall game and see if it helps. Worked for me. EVEN THOUGH my auto updates said everything was current my flash was actually 9. something or other so I had to update. Now it is playing fine so far anyway.

For the crashing... have you cleared your cache memory... cookies blah blah blah... checked for spyware/adware... viruses... that is often the true problem it's just that it doesn't show up until something you really want to use trys to access whatever that is blocking. Just a thought. Good luck... it's a great game!!!

Diddah
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Diddah on May 3, 10 4:38 AM
After scanning my computer I found a Trojan Horse, I got my anti virus program to fix it, and now the game will open, hopefully I won't have further problems, because I really want to buy this one.

[Post New]by The_Lizard on May 3, 10 7:16 AM
I got all the way to the end of Chapter 2 and am really enjoying the game. But it now seems to have frozen. I have the Emperor's silk cloak but the game won't allow me to give it to the Emperor, so I can't progress any further.

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on May 3, 10 1:50 PM
When I open the game, after the credits it goes to the sign in screen and starts flashing. The only way to get out is to use Task Manager and end the game. I uninstalled the game and downloaded it a second time with the same problem.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on May 4, 10 10:36 AM
The_Lizard wrote:I got all the way to the end of Chapter 2 and am really enjoying the game. But it now seems to have frozen. I have the Emperor's silk cloak but the game won't allow me to give it to the Emperor, so I can't progress any further.

I thought I had the emperors coat as well. It clearly was in the bottom left corner. But, then I looked on the bed by the old woman and saw it lying there and was able to pick it up. It was confusing.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on May 4, 10 10:49 AM
The_Lizard wrote:I got all the way to the end of Chapter 2 and am really enjoying the game. But it now seems to have frozen. I have the Emperor's silk cloak but the game won't allow me to give it to the Emperor, so I can't progress any further.

Ditto. Very frustrating.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on May 4, 10 10:53 AM
dewieee wrote:

I thought I had the emperors coat as well. It clearly was in the bottom left corner. But, then I looked on the bed by the old woman and saw it lying there and was able to pick it up. It was confusing.

Thank you Dewieee! I see what was happening now - the image in the circle is too vivid - looks like the cloak is already there.

Gave the cloak to the Emperor and am headed through the magic portal.

Thanks again!

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on May 4, 10 10:55 AM
Volauvent wrote:

Ditto. Very frustrating.

Look in the room with the old woman and look on the bed. Even though the cloak was in the left hand bottom of my screen apparently it was only a picture of it. I found the actually finished cloak lying on the bed. Hope this helps.

Go to: