Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 23, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 10:06:52 AM PST

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Sep 23, 17 12:51 AM
love the game, but it took at least 5 minutes before it started, and the same when I tried to exit. Same when I wanted to play to game with he crowns, after about 5 minutes it "moved" again.
PC is less than 3 weeks old, other games I play without hesitation.
Help

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: A Deadly Dowry Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 23, 17 2:02 AM
Same here windows 10

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 23, 17 2:28 AM
same heregames freezes on key in hole. when the game ended it froze again. Had to shut the computer of to get out of the game. I would love to buy the game but not with the glitches in it
windows 10

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 23, 17 4:03 AM
I can't even get it to install. Bought the game, but it won't install to Game Manager. Have tried getting to purchase history within Game Manager and it has crashed GM twice. Sounds like getting it to install is just the start of the problems. Boo.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 23, 17 5:01 AM
Slowest download ever for a game. It's not my internet connection - speed test is showing 235 mbps - but now on 25% after downloading for 10 minutes. Something must be up with the servers today.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Sep 23, 17 5:24 AM
Woohoo! Up to 63%.

Edit: Download finally completed. It took an hour.

Edited on 09/23/2017 at 5:51:09 AM PST

tinatoerat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by tinatoerat on Sep 23, 17 7:05 AM
Access violations while playing - twice.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 23, 17 7:15 AM
Good Storyline, although it's the same ole, same ole. My biggest complaint with ALL ERS/AMAX games, is that they don't automatically support widescreen. Therefor, I have to either play them in windowed mode or go to the trouble and hassle of adjusting my screen resolution, and then readjusting it when I'm done playing, who wants to buy a game that's sooo much trouble?

wesjohny
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by wesjohny on Sep 23, 17 7:17 AM
Im having same problems as everyone. First it wouldnt play then crashed at keyhole. Wasnt it played as a beta? Why problems now

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Sep 23, 17 7:50 AM
I had no problems downloading or playing the game until the end of the demo. I liked it. Using 8.1, not 10.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Sep 23, 17 8:44 AM
In my experience, lolaluv, in Game Manager, with the demo still showing, press the Buy button. A message will appear advising that you have already purchased the game and do you wish to activate it. Press the activate button and your game should then start to download. Hope this solves your problem.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 23, 17 10:06 AM
Howdy All!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 23, 17 10:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been different troubles with the game so far and am swimming over to provide some help.

When games freeze, that can indicate a display error. The video card driver directs how graphics display on the screen, so I'd recommend checking whether that driver is up to date on the computer. I'd also suggest giving the game administrator permissions so it can access any of the files it needs. Both processes are included in the following help pages.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If an access violation occurs, I'd recommend consulting the help page below for troubleshooting solutions.

Access Violation

And if the download time for the game is unusually long, I'd suggest making adjustments to the network settings in the Big Fish Games app (formerly called the Game Manager). Then, try downloading the game using the Alternate Method. The directions for that can be found in the help page below.

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should my suggestions not fix or address your game's troubles, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to continue working with you.

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Sep 23, 17 11:26 AM
Scottie12 wrote:In my experience, lolaluv, in Game Manager, with the demo still showing, press the Buy button. A message will appear advising that you have already purchased the game and do you wish to activate it. Press the activate button and your game should then start to download. Hope this solves your problem.

That's pretty much what I ended up doing. Downloaded the free demo and used "reactivate" from there. Bizarre - I haven't had any game manager problems in a long while (thankfully).

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Sep 23, 17 2:47 PM
if several users are reporting the same issues, it in all likely hood is a problem with the game . All my drivers and software is up to date, yet it took me 5 minutes to start the demo, and I also got freezes on various tasks .

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 23, 17 4:44 PM
Hello jtrigg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've passed along this information to the appropriate teams, so we'll be aware of it going forward. If the aforementioned steps for troubleshooting a freezing game haven't worked, then my best recommendation is to contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance. I'm really sorry the game isn't working as it should and thank you also for your understanding. Please PM me or another of the active moderators if further questions arise, as we're always glad to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Sep 24, 17 1:56 AM
BF Always sais its our computers. I dont think so why can i dl a same game from other sites whitout any problems.
Like in other technical isues there are more people reacting on techn problems then writing a review.
Its time for BF to change there attitude and look into the problems
I am so close to cancerl my membershipand o to other site that dont give me p[roblems

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 24, 17 10:16 AM
Hello ciscaR8,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and concerns with us. I definitely can understand feeling frustrated when a game isn't working as expected and the first thing being requested is to check if any changes to the equipment running the game will help. We absolutely want you to be able to return to enjoying your games as quickly as possible. When moderators provide suggestions to our players to help quickly resolve issues, we generally provide a suggested set of steps that have worked in the past for players encountering a similar issue. Usually, these help resolve common trouble that may occur so that players can get back to enjoying the game more quickly.

In some cases, these suggested steps do not resolve the issue. This indicates a need for further assistance, and is why moderators recommend to contact our Technical Support Team with a description of the issue so that they can receive further assistance beyond the forums and so the teams behind the game can gather any further information they require to investigate that report.

I wish I could also provide further assistance with the freezing issue you are experiencing. However, as a moderator on the forums, I'm not equipped with the tools necessary to provide deeper troubleshooting assistance when those suggested steps don't seem to help. Since there are multitudes of different types of computers with highly variable hardware and software, we request players contact our Support Team to also receive customized and personalized support, based on their operating system and type of device set up, so that our Reps can help more effectively and rapidly with troubleshooting plans that match that specific set up.

If you'd like to receive customized troubleshooting support as well as assist the appropriate teams behind the game with any investigations they may need to take into reported issues, it is recommended also provide our Reps a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, which may contain the information necessary to determine what is happening, or provide more assistance to the right teams for their investigations into a reported issue.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 24, 17 10:16 AM
Thank you for your letting us know your concerns, and I'm sorry that the freezing is continuing despite trying our suggested steps. If you're still seeing trouble after trying those, or have tried them already and just need further support with your game, please contact our Technical Support Team with a description of that issue and what you have already tried to troubleshoot that issue. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can. If you can provide that Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, that may also help our Reps with assisting with the issue being experienced, and can also be passed along to the appropriate teams, should the team need more information about a reported issue.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this was able to clarify that our intention is to provide quick steps to resolve issues for our players and that players are able to receive further support from our Support Team should our preliminary recommendations don't seem to help. Players are encouraged to any of our active Moderators should they have further questions or concerns. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 09/24/2017 at 10:17:05 AM PST

Go to: