Are You Serious?

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

Are You Serious?

[Post New]by mrs23 on Sep 24, 17 5:18 PM
I believe that the Castle Challenge thing is getting to be a bit overdone. You are turning an occasional fun event into "not another one, I haven't recovered yet from the last one". Lighten up. I think it would have been just fine giving us a bit of time until the fall event came around.

I, too, have played and finished every Challenge so far. Why "rapid fire" them? Why not throw in a Mini-Event instead? Been a long time since one of those has come around.

Edited on 09/24/2017 at 6:51:18 PM PST

Vgerland
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Are You Serious?

[Post New]by Vgerland on Sep 24, 17 5:22 PM
Come on no one is forcing you to accept the challenge. AND the update list did say one was going to be starting soon.

I for one am always happy for the challenges. They give me a new little fun thing to look forward to each reset.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Sep 24, 17 5:32 PM
This concerns me regarding the Fall Event.... there was a CC during the Fall Event last year.... Does this mean the Fall Event will start immediately following this CC??... Will there be a CC during the Fall Event? and will it also start almost immediately following this CC? and considering this CC involves packing and or sending the airship so many times... WHOA........ ouch...

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 24, 17 5:35 PM
It is a challenge. You don't have to do them. They are optional.

I for one am going for it. Looking forward to it. Gives me a reason to open my game each day.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Sep 24, 17 5:40 PM
I'm with you, silver_hawk!

I enjoy the challenges. So far, I've been able to meet them all. I look forward to maintaining my streak and winning all of the new avatars.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Sep 24, 17 5:41 PM
Wow I just noticed the flashing and was surprised to see another challenge. I’m okay with it. It will help me level up I’m sure. I for one have changed the way I play this game. I regret hurrying to get to the highest level and if I had it to do all over would slow way down. I’m even getting some housework done and have been able to see the changes in my grandkids. I was wondering who those kids were hanging around my house.

drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by drkgordon on Sep 24, 17 5:46 PM
I like them, too. I don't care if they happen together or not. I just do whatever I feel like when I feel like. It is just a game, after all.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Are You Serious?

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Sep 24, 17 6:02 PM
mrs23 wrote:I believe that the Castle Challenge thing is getting to be a bit overdone.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Sep 24, 17 6:39 PM
I wish I'f had more time to collect hint helps and airship items. I like these but this is a little too close to the last one.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Sep 24, 17 7:11 PM
Actually its a way to get all those coins you're going to need for the next update. If you do all the challenges, etc. between now and the next update, you'll have everything you need --- and enjoy the trip along the way!!! I've now done it twice and just acquired all the coins I needed without having to do extra HOS's. Good luck to all.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Are You Serious?

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Sep 24, 17 7:29 PM
mrs23 wrote:I believe that the Castle Challenge thing is getting to be a bit overdone. You are turning an occasional fun event into "not another one, I haven't recovered yet from the last one". Lighten up. I think it would have been just fine giving us a bit of time until the fall event came around.

I, too, have played and finished every Challenge so far. Why "rapid fire" them? Why not throw in a Mini-Event instead? Been a long time since one of those has come around.

I agree. A break would have been nice.

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 24, 17 7:30 PM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:Actually its a way to get all those coins you're going to need for the next update. If you do all the challenges, etc. between now and the next update, you'll have everything you need --- and enjoy the trip along the way!!! I've now done it twice and just acquired all the coins I needed without having to do extra HOS's. Good luck to all.

Totally agree! I wouldn’t have been able to open most of the new areas in the latest update if I hadn’t done the last CC.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Sep 24, 17 7:55 PM
If I were to guess ..... I would say that the Fall event will start before the conclusion of this Castle Challenge......

Since previous Fall events have concluded on November 30..... I also think we will get another CC to start somewhere around Oct 31 or November 1......(leaving only about 7 or 8 days between CCs) .....

But ..... these are only my predictions...... crystal ball is a bit fuzzy ...... or should I say, I may not be reading the "tea leaves" entirely correctly.....

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Sep 24, 17 8:45 PM
I was also surprised by the appearance of a new CC so soon.

I don't do them unless I feel I am up to the challenge (yes, pun intended). If I am doing a challenge and it feels too much like an obligation instead of something fun, I just skip it or don't finish it. The beauty of the CCs is that you can do whatever suits you best. I think it's great that the developers offer these extra activities for those who like to do them. Personally, I think I might skip this latest CC because that's what works for me.

Remember the idea is to have fun storming the castle!!!!

westwind02
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by westwind02 on Sep 24, 17 8:46 PM
I for one enjoys the challenge! I like doing them as I have completed each one.. 3 new avatars is great!!

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Sep 24, 17 8:59 PM
I have a main game and a feeder game for PC and android (4 total). Last CC I tried to do all 4. WAAAAY too much. I did finish the two main games and the two feeder games both got at least to the second avatar. This time I'll just concentrate on the two main games. If that gets too much I'll drop to just one. Nice thing about MC is you can choose how much or little you do.

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Sep 24, 17 9:21 PM
As far as all the challenges go, why not do a CC or two that only make the old avatars available from all the previous ones? Something like picking your own avatars from the previous ones on day 10, 20 and 30. That way some of the people who have missed some of them would have a chance to pick the missing ones they so choose.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Sep 24, 17 9:45 PM
gohill wrote:This concerns me regarding the Fall Event.... there was a CC during the Fall Event last year.... Does this mean the Fall Event will start immediately following this CC??... Will there be a CC during the Fall Event? and will it also start almost immediately following this CC? and considering this CC involves packing and or sending the airship so many times... WHOA........ ouch...

I too am a bit confused!
I was hoping for a little break before the Fall Event, but it is not to be.
AND all those airship inventory requirements once more. I could weep!

'Nose down to the grindstone again'!
20 HOS done for today and 4 Energy Balls out of them (whereas I hope only hope to get one!)

ElliG
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Are You Serious?

[Post New]by ElliG on Sep 24, 17 9:56 PM
mrs23 wrote:I believe that the Castle Challenge thing is getting to be a bit overdone. You are turning an occasional fun event into "not another one, I haven't recovered yet from the last one". Lighten up. I think it would have been just fine giving us a bit of time until the fall event came around.

I agree. A mini event would have been more to my liking.

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Sep 25, 17 1:47 AM
I was pleasantly surprised that we had a new challenge event straight after the update , but I think it helps as you build up your cash and more importantly airship items for the event . I have noticed the ghost traps appear when crafting pet food , I guess we will be chasing ghosts again for Halloween .

Go to: