Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for MatchVentures here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 25, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 5:39:42 AM PST

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for MatchVentures here.

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Sep 25, 17 1:49 AM
Am using Windows Vista, game was very slow, but after I turned off the animations it played normally.

The gold tiles don't appear and therefore can't complete any level.

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 1:50:34 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 5:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Helpas they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 5:49 AM
Hi Debbie387,

I'm sorry to hear that certain items of the games aren't displaying correctly. For this situation I recommend running the game as an administrator to give the game the necessary permissions to run properly ll. Please refer to the following help page:

Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the necessary tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Sep 26, 17 3:47 AM

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 10:15:26 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 26, 17 10:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to thank everyone for their patience as the Moderation Team works diligently to remove spam and advertising posts. We recognize how bothersome they can be. We also ask that everyone keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting, especially:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Discussing spam posts, even in a different thread, is prohibited because it can unintentionally draw more attention to posts that break the rules. If a post that breaks the Forum Rules is encountered, please message one of the active Moderators with a link to the thread or report the post by clicking the icon with a red exclamation point. We'll review the post and take action as deemed necessary as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for your patience as spam is removed from the forums. If any further questions are had, please don't hesitate to PM me or another of my colleagues. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by littlealma on Sep 27, 17 5:44 PM
Downloaded free trial to see if I'd want to purchase the game. Won't play. Don't usually have this problem with games or free play. I have a PC with Windows 7. I get this error message
Error; Access violation at 0x00AED90A (tried to read from 0x0000001C),program terminated.
Thank you in advance!!

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Sep 28, 17 4:19 AM
I'm in level 11 and tried the boss battle but didn't win. When I return to that screen later, I get stuck. Tiles won't move and there is no "back" or menu option. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips (other than uninstall and reinstall) to get out of it? I'm using a Mac running Sierra.

[Post New]by dorram on Sep 28, 17 6:28 AM
In level 5 I cant exit the cave. the button is not working-I'm stuck

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 28, 17 8:48 AM
dorram wrote:In level 5 I cant exit the cave. the button is not working-I'm stuck

Welcome to the pond!

You can just dig all the way to the bottom until you've reached the treasure chest and the game should exit you from the cave automatically for that. If that isn't working it sounds like the game froze on you. I've noticed this game is a serious resource hog and makes my computer get a little warm due to the demands of running it. If your system is a bit older or wasn't marketed as a "gaming computer" it's probably not going to run this game well, so you may have to contact CS for a game credit.

@ the others who posted earlier: I'd like to welcome you to the pond too, if you're new and as for using a Mac platform, I don't know what's going on with that. Most games are designed to run on PCs and my Mac knowledge is very sketchy, but I was told the Mac OS used to have to do a "fake it" type thing to run Windows-designed stuff, so if you're a serious gamer it's better to convert to a PC in the long run. If the game is giving you an access violation immediately upon downloading, your system does not have the capability to run the game.

Edited on 09/28/2017 at 8:52:03 AM PST

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Sep 28, 17 9:00 AM
Thanks, SynthpopAddict. I successfully run all of the other Playcademy games on my Mac, and this one runs fine also - most of the time. I'm just frozen on this particular screen/battle. I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue and if it might be a glitch. I don't believe it's a system issue. As for switching to a PC? no thanks!

[Post New]by jonsambrit3 on Sep 28, 17 12:33 PM
I am on level 15 and have cleared all of the rooms except the last one which needs a triangle gem, I cannot seem to locate it. If all the rooms are cleared why wouldn't the level left have the gem like all the other levels. Is it me?, or the game. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Love the game

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 28, 17 12:47 PM
Welcome to the pond!

The triangle gem is probably hiding under a covered tile or fog somewhere if you didn't see it in another room. It is not necessarily underneath a gold tile, so it's possible to have all the gold tiles done but not get the gem. If you are having a hard time collecting it, check the "jewel matching" post in the general tips thread.

[Post New]by ElphabaRules on Sep 29, 17 7:20 AM
I am on level 31 and cleared what tiles I could and did not receive the machete in order to go to the next board. This is happening on the very first board of the level, therefore I cannot "jump" to any other boards. There are some gold tiles I can't clear yet because what is needed to access those tiles were not found on this board. There is also a treasure test, but the key was not on this board. There are two wooden boxes. I was able to clear the wooden box on the bottom corner, but did not receive anything to help proceed to the next board. I tried to explode the other wooden box several times, but was not able too. What should I do?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 29, 17 7:37 AM
Welcome to the pond!

There's probably fog in the first room and/or other blocked tiles like metal grids or dirt tiles. Keep digging around in there trying to clear whatever other covered tiles there are, or match around the fog to clear some of it and the machete will appear eventually.

[Post New]by queticogal on Sep 29, 17 11:08 AM
iheathco wrote:I'm in level 11 and tried the boss battle but didn't win. When I return to that screen later, I get stuck. Tiles won't move and there is no "back" or menu option. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips (other than uninstall and reinstall) to get out of it? I'm using a Mac running Sierra.

I'm having the same problem. Using a PC with Windows 10.
Have uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still persists.

lemarmot
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

booted out

[Post New]by lemarmot on Sep 29, 17 1:46 PM
I've been playing for two or three days, and loving this game. The problem is it boots me right out and i have to do a cold boot to get in again. The game starts up at the beginning of the level I was at

this has happened at three different levels. I'm currently at Level 11 and it keeps booting me out of here. This has happened at Levels 8 and 5 also

Can you fix this for me, please? Otherwise I'll have to quit trying and uninstall the game.

Janice on Vancouver Island

[Post New]by willowfey on Sep 29, 17 6:50 PM
I'm having the same problem as Elphabarules. on level 31. in the top right hand corner there are tiles that are frozen, in the bottom left corner I have webs. All other tiles are cleared. I have no where else to go. the next room requires a machete and I haven't received one.

[Post New]by GamerPop on Sep 29, 17 7:10 PM
queticogal wrote:
iheathco wrote:I'm in level 11 and tried the boss battle but didn't win. When I return to that screen later, I get stuck. Tiles won't move and there is no "back" or menu option. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips (other than uninstall and reinstall) to get out of it? I'm using a Mac running Sierra.

I'm having the same problem. Using a PC with Windows 10.
Have uninstalled and re-installed, but problem still persists.

W10 here also. Played Battle. Did not win. Answered "No" to "Try Again?" or whatever it said. Went on to in order to finish level and ended up in Battle Room by mistake. My screen is locked. No arrows or anything to get out of the room. It is the "Other Person's" turn. Have to use task manager to end the game. Level 26.

Uninstalled game and Game Mgr and reinstalled but no luck. (Not that I expected it to do any good)

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Sep 29, 17 9:18 PM
Same issue on level 13. Really do NOT want to reinstall game and start over at this point! I have a fairly new HP laptop with all the software and had no problem up to this point. Hope there is a patch for this?? Really was enjoying the game.

Go to: