Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for MatchVentures here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 25, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 5:40:15 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for MatchVentures here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 5:40 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on MatchVentures here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on MatchVentures.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

LBF242
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by LBF242 on Sep 25, 17 11:30 AM
Love this game it is awesome. Cannot stop playing it. It makes you think it is not your typical match 3. This involves some thought.

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Sep 25, 17 3:50 PM
Gosh, I REALLY wanted to love (buy) this game. And I do, but the visual clarity is just not there for me. Someone else's review talked about it having "bright clear visuals" but I am just not finding that. Maybe it's me. But the color distinction is not good, and the graphics are not nearly as sharp, clear and colorful as they were in Runestone and Silvertale. I'm spending a lot of time squinting and trying to distinguish between different tiles. Got a headache!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Sep 25, 17 6:43 PM
Match Ventures is another terrific matching game from Playcademy that is much like Silver Tale and Runefall. The game mechanics will be very familiar to those who are fans of Silver Tale. Match Ventures is another epic game where we this time are in league with a leprechaun and his pack of dwarves. As the story begins we learn the tale of the Kingdom of Socaria and the battle that leveled Cliffmont Castle. Many have tried to enter the castle to plunder any riches that might have been left behind when the castle fell and many have failed. Now you, brave explorer have joined forces with a leprechaun and will endeavor to succeed.

Match 3 games are games that I only play when I find one that is complex and offers a lot of challenge and that is why I love the games from this developer. I am an addict of Silver Tale and it is my go to game when I become bored with the HOPA games, which is quite often recently. So if you have played Silver Tale you will be very familiar with the game style and mechanics. There are some differences as you will also sometimes face an opponent who you must battle to earn extra rewards. There are also puzzles included but they do seem a bit easier than the ones in Silver Tale or Runefall but I have only completed a small portion of the game. The game has excellent graphics AND a huge plus, IMHO, is that the developer has fixed the technical issues with setting up the game options.

As I mentioned earlier Match Ventures is set up very much the same as Silver Tale where there are different boards in each level, with each board needing a special item to unlock it. Various items are used to unlock a board such as a key, a crowbar, planks, etc. As you play you will earn gold bars and various power ups that are used to help you progress through the game similar to those used in the other two games I mentioned.

As soon as I downloaded Match Ventures and realized that it is another game very similar to Runefall and Silver Tale I purchased it immediately. Now I know I will have weeks ahead that will be filled with fun as I explore and rebuild Cliffmont Castle. Happy gaming!

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on Sep 25, 17 8:43 PM
I've always liked match 3 games and many are boring and he same-ole-same-ole. However, this game is awesome. Many challenges and levels to explore. And in order to get to some areas you need to find the hidden objects that allow you access. This is a 5 star for me.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Sep 25, 17 11:43 PM
Meh. It's just like Silver Tale and Runefall which I enjoyed much more than this game. For one, the graphics are just dreary and not nearly as crisp as Silver Tale. The storyline is also rather lacking as apparently we're just digging for some wily Leprechaun. Found treasures just get converted into gold coins to spend, so no fun with saving up and combining items at say, the blacksmith, to complete a quest. There are no quests. There seems to be a boss battle every once in a while which was a yawn. Ehhh, maybe if I have an expiring PCC I'll pick this up, but probably not.

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Sep 26, 17 2:15 PM
GREAT match 3 games

I just copied what I already wrote:

A very large game I play for about 3 weeks. I actually finished it but there are still many levels you can play. Now I am on the lever 83.
I loved both Runefall games and Jewel Match 4 by the developers.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Sep 26, 17 4:06 PM
This is almost the same as Silver Tales. There are a few differences, in Silver Tales you can earn bonus bombs, etc. pretty easily (buy them at the shop). This one is easier to find your way back to different screens so you can finish them up after getting the tools needed to finish them. I liked this game EXCEPT for the occasional slow motion, especially after upgrading the 'castle areas'. It's the same way with the Laruaville games (the occasional slow motion). Overall it's not bad.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 26, 17 4:55 PM
Loved Silver Tale and love this one. I'm not too fond of most match 3 games but this one is an exception.

There's lots going on which makes it fun to play. The graphics are beautiful. There is no horse to feed this time. I like the battle screen where you do battle with an opponent (the computer). So far I've won lol.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Sep 27, 17 7:27 AM
I loved Runefall and Silver Tale. But finding this one sadly lacking.
It is somewhat repetitive, without the challenge of the extras (such as earning upgrades).
There doesnt appear to be a map to go back and replay a level.
Each level is just more of the same. Without new challenges with each level.
Overall am rather disappointed with it.

[Post New]by 930147683 on Sep 27, 17 3:45 PM
Excellent game .Great graphics and they keep the help hints to a minimum.
Like the different levels. Thumbs up

mkgermany
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by mkgermany on Sep 30, 17 1:17 AM
I'll gladly concede that MatchVentures (MV) is definitely a lot better than many of the Match-3 games out there; *however*, I can't help comparing it to Silver Tale, which is my all-time favorite Match-3 game. Silver Tale is fun to play and written with humor and wit, whereas the leprechaun here is just snide. After the first few levels I found MV to be tedious and repetitious, not challenging.
Sorry to be so negative; I think I'm just disappointed because I was looking forward so much to the next game from this developer and it fell far short of my expectations.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Oct 1, 17 12:24 PM
Graphics/audio: 4.5/5 stars
Level of challenge: 4/5 stars
Storyline: 3/5 stars
General fun factor: 3.5/5 stars
Overall: 4/5 stars

This is an endless adventure puzzle using a M3 format. As others have said earlier, it is very much like Runefall and Silver Tale, the predecessors to this game. Choice to play in limited moves or relaxed. About the only things different are you don't have a horse to tend constantly, there's no slot machine daily game, and no extra characters in the storyline randomly appearing asking for assorted amounts of your amassed resources/HOs to complete quests. The premise here is to reconstruct a castle, which when completed will give you an "end game" sequence, but endless mode unlocks immediately after that.

Since there is only one character associated with the storyline and not much other diversion from playing one huge level after another, the slogginess of playing the game is much more apparent here than it was in the predecessors. How much of a slog it is depends on how much you want to do of course, but expect to spend quite a while on a level if you like to "do everything". I found the game to be a pretty good challenge in limited moves when trying to win the badges. However, most of the difficulty comes from simply having to wander around in circles in the level getting through "Death By Blocked Tiles".

The visuals and soundtrack were beautifully done, and I had no tech issues while playing, although I noticed my CPU always got a little warm while playing, so it's clearly quite the resource hog.

Although it's a well done game which I'll recommend, it's not quite the way I like my M3s. My opinion only of course, but I like my games to have some strategy involved and still be relaxing. Match Ventures just felt more like work with constantly breaking blocked tiles of every variety you can imagine instead of asking the player to do some thinking. I did make it to the end game sequence, but will not be replaying and will not be buying future games in this series as there are other things in life I'd like to focus upon, and I don't want to have to work this much to get through a game. As always, try before you buy to see if this is for you.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Oct 8, 17 4:42 PM
I've enjoyed the last two versions of this game....Runefall and Silver Tale, although I haven't yet completed Silver Tale...I've been working on getting enough gold to collect badges the last few months by playing the Daily Deal. This game seems to fall a bit flat for me...quite repetitive. I'm not too far into the game but it seems to have the same game play, level after level without any challenges as in the other two games...I do agree that the graphics are beautifully done, I always mute the music in games so can't comment on that. Overall, a nice mellow M3 to play on a rainy day

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Oct 11, 17 7:10 PM
I just got around to playing this fantastical Match 3 game, and I regret that I didn't play it sooner! You can choose from 3 different Cursors, and you may want to try all 3 because one of the 41 available Trophies to earn, requires that you do. You can play in a Relaxed Mode or Normal Limited Moves Mode which quite honestly gives you more than enough moves to finish. There are 32 castle upgrades to purchase with the coins you earn playing. The goal for each level is to clear all Gold Tile Cells, but there's so much more going on with this game!

This is a multi-board game which requires you to find objects and tools hidden within the boards, to unlock the next section of the board, be it a crowbar, a file or a simple key. These hidden objects are usually hidden under the Obstacles, Crates, Dirt Patches, Chains, Fog, Grids, Gem Shaped Boxes, Rocks, you name it, this game has it! You can even choose to keep playing to earn Badges, but you must earn 3 Stars and Collect every item.

You will earn Amphora when you match 4 tiles, and a match 5 will give you a bomb, using two or more will create an even larger explosion. As you progress, Power-ups become available such as Bombs that can be placed anywhere, Magic Wind Potion to destroy Cobwebs,and Magic Fire Potions to remove Ice Tiles. Portals can be used to warp to another area of the board once you collect amulets by dropping them off the board, and there are optional side quests of making matches in a sequence or dueling opponents.

This is one of the most entertaining Match 3 games I've played in a very long time, one that you shouldn't put off playing like I did, enjoy making matches!

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Oct 22, 17 3:25 AM
A good game if you can keep your PC from crashing. A bit disappointed at how this game runs, and now I can't get it to load. I would think twice about buying this if you are using an older PC (even with windows 10) this is the only BF game I have had problems with.

star82601
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by star82601 on Nov 4, 17 11:11 AM
game stopped working-is there a update it won't let you made any moves at all

Charango
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Review of MatchVentures

[Post New]by Charango on Nov 20, 17 9:08 PM
This would have been an awesome game, but there are so many bugs in this game at various levels, it makes this game very disappointing.

Go to: