silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Tips for stress free CC

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 2:15 PM
Tips for a successful Castle Challenge

Tip #1: Don't stress.
Tip #2: You don't have to finish the days task in the first hour or even that very day.
Tip #3: Look at what is coming up and make a plan based on your normal playing style.
Tip #4: Play smarter not harder

My playing style involves combining Daily Quests with the Castle Challenges. Incorporating the days CC task with DQ parts. Sometimes this means I may be a day or two behind in the CC. I get caught up on the lighter days. I have always got the new avatar on the 10th, 20th, and 30th day respectively.

Even if you're not playing Daily Quests there are some suggestions (take them or leave them) that you may find helpful to reduce stress to complete the CC.

Airship tasks
If you can spend less than 1 hour a day to do 50 Hos per day you will gather enough airship items to complete the CC.

Put your lowest item on your wish list and gift out the item you have most of. This will help balance out your inventory. Do this from now until the end of the CC.

Tasks requiring to Play HOS
Play between 20 to 50 HOS per hour. Repeat each hour until tasks are completed. If you can do 50 HOS per day minimum you will earn the airship items needed for other tasks. This includes getting pet food, stamps, coins for crafting and playing WoF.

Tasks requiring to open Zoom Zones
Look around and see which ZZ's you have most inventory for. Often underused and great for this task is Magic Press takes 3 items (Craftsman District) and Living Chest takes 4 items (Commercial District) - Both in Cloud City. Any underused ZZ will do.

Combine the tasks with blue key quests, Trina quests, or Daily Quests for best use of resources.

Continued next post...

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 2:20:02 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Tips for stress free CC

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 2:17 PM
Tasks to collect morphing flowers
400 coins from morphs is about 200 morphing flowers (more if you get stamps and/or diamonds). Takes approx 6 to 8 trips from the Tavern to the Mystery Chamber. Should take less than an hour - Take all day if you need to.

Have difficulty seeing them especially on a mobile device? They blend well into the scenery so it helps if you can lighten up the screen on your PC or device to see them. If you can't do that then darken the room or go into a darker room.

Task for feeding pets
Feed 1 or 2 pets with the lowest food requirements. Wait for them to sleep it off then repeat. Ideal pets will depend on what's available to you. Cook bunny once per hour 5 times will only cost 10 bags of food. Other ideal pets if you have them: Rainbow Dragon, Sea Serpent, , Fire Dragon, Snowman, Winter Cat. You'll feed more times and get more chests but conserve food all at the same time. Win win.

Tasks for playing Dice
When task unlocks play all available rolls. Repeat every 12 hours even if you run a day or two behind. In a hurry? Play puzzles for diamonds. Open dice table every 6 hours to reduce diamond costs. Repeat as needed until you complete the task.

Continued next post...

Edited on 09/28/2017 at 8:38:13 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 2:18 PM
Task for specific chests from pets
We now can see the percentage of chances per chest per pet. Feed your pet with the best percentage as many times as you can. Here's an example...

Example for gold chests
Baby Boy, Baby Girl, Spring Butterfly (80%), Clever Monkey (70%). Seasonal pets are best, original pets are not. If original pets are all you have then look for the best percentages when viewing them in your inventory. Wait for them to wake up then feed again.

Example for silver chests
Garden bunny every 3 hours and Turtle every 4 hours (60%), Chimney Sweep every 4 hours and Pheonix every 3 hours (50%). Tiger and Piggy are my next two favorites.

Example for iron chests
Hedgehog every 3 hours (70% chance of iron), Manticore every 2 hours (55%), Puppy and Winged Cat every 2 hours (50%).

Example for wood
Snow Griffin, Jack in the Box and Winged Cat. Repeat as necessary. Honestly it's better to just feed the Snow Griffin every hour as it's a return of 90% wooden. The other two are 50 / 50.

examples here...
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/404978.page

Task for Wheel of Fortune
Spin up to a reasonable amount (700 spin is my personal limit for CC's), wait 24 hours and spin again. Repeat as necessary even if you fall behind in the CC. There are catch up days ahead. Sell items won on the wheel to recoup your costs. I have best luck for diamonds and stars when I put the egg at the 12 o'clock position and keep spinning until I hit my daily limit.

Tasks for Airships
This is a great time to combine a CC with a DQ. May take a day or two to complete. It does complete two tasks at once for efficiency. Not doing a DQ or a TQ? no problem. Pack and send your first airship when task unlocks. Repeat every 4 hours. If the airship is asking for the item you have the least of: Send it empty (do not pack) and wait 4 hours for it to return or recall it with 4 diamonds. Repeat until the airship is to your liking.

Tasks for Daily Quests
Self Explanatory. Example, if required to complete 10 parts of a daily quest you can do...
One 10 part, two 5 parts, three 3 parts plus one part of another DQ, or any combination of these.

Tasks to Craft
Most players craft Simple Pet food. Other ideas are Wreaths of Spring if you have enough flowers from the Spring Event, items required for Character Quests if you're still leveling up, items that give shards if working on those achievements.

[i]Continued next post...

Edited on 11/19/2017 at 6:22:14 AM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 2:19 PM
Task to get Pet Medallions
Best way is to play the Daily Quests. Earn between 1 to 6 pet medallions for each part completed depending on what you get to work on. One completed 10 part DQ can yield as many as 30.

Feeding pets that bring iron and wooden chests work. But you may have to feed a lot of pets to meet the CC requirements.

Go to your crafting lab and craft simple food. Buy pet medallions to craft more as needed when you run out for 1 diamond each. Repeat. Quick and relatively cheap.

Combining any of the above will be far easier.

Tasks for catching up
Help friends: self explanatory.

Get Stamps: I prefer to play the HOS for them as I get coins, pet food, and airship items in the process. Others prefer a gift swap. Just don't collect them from your mailbox until the CC has unlocked the task to get stamps.

Other notes:
4000 coins in 4 hours sounds hard. Nope, that's only 20 HOS per hour of maxed out HOS. Most just sell an egg. I personally prefer getting the coins, pet food, and airship items from HOS searches.

Using Hints in HOS. All available hints count. Free hint, crystal ball, wand, and lightning flash. You can use multiples of hint options in one HOS if you're short on time.

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 2:33:24 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 2:33 PM
Hi silver_hawk,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to create this specific thread and provide tips on Castle Challenges. Since this is a great source of information, I'm going to go ahead and place this in the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle under the Tips, Tricks and Guides continued section.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

Love_rnr
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by Love_rnr on Sep 25, 17 2:46 PM
This is very helpful!!! Thank you silver_hawk.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Sep 25, 17 2:46 PM
silver_hawk:
Your helpful list is brilliant,thank you.Its great that bfgBellerophon has moved it to Helpful links for Midnight Castle where we can refer to it.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 25, 17 3:00 PM
Excellent list!
One thing I would add, is if you're still leveling up, see what items you'll need to craft for upcoming character quests & make a list of any ZZ items you're missing. Then tomorrow & on other ZZ days, go through those CQs that want a ZZ visit & obtain as many of your upcoming ZZ items for crafting as you can.
It's especially nice if Trina is asking for ZZs, too.
Then when crafting day comes, you'll be ready with your CQ items.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Sep 25, 17 3:34 PM
All,

Awesome job silver_hawk! I'm sure this will be helpful, especially for new folks!

I do want to repeat silver_hawk's advice about balancing your Airship inventory. Games do vary, so I can't speak for everyone, but my game definitely likes to keep my items unbalanced. When a new Airship docks, it generally asks for the item of which I have fewest. If I send the ship, it will often ask for that item again next time. Keeping your items balanced helps throw this off. Further, I've noticed that when a new ship comes and you're unbalanced, the game will drop two of the three items during the rounds, but not the third, as if trying to tempt you into sending a ship and keeping you permanently short an item.

Remember, we've got a total of seven Airships this time around (nine crates plus four Airships), plus any that your DQ tasks might require. Plan accordingly!

Astra

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 3:47 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Excellent list!
One thing I would add, is if you're still leveling up, see what items you'll need to craft for upcoming character quests & make a list of any ZZ items you're missing. Then tomorrow & on other ZZ days, go through those CQs that want a ZZ visit & obtain as many of your upcoming ZZ items for crafting as you can.
It's especially nice if Trina is asking for ZZs, too.
Then when crafting day comes, you'll be ready with your CQ items.

I've often looked ahead at what crafted items (that I'm able to do at my level) I can craft ahead of time for leveling up.

I use those ZZ items I'm out of to play for when doing the puzzles. I get the diamonds from doing puzzles and if I'm lucky get the ZZ items for crafting too. Then when a CC or DQ comes around needing me to craft I got items to craft and will be in my inventory when leveling up.

Then I use the diamonds to open HOS or Dice early or call back airships if needed.

In a pinch my old stand by for crafting is the Simple Pet food to work on that achievement.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Sep 25, 17 4:11 PM
Getting crafting supplies from the puzzle game won't count for the CC.
But during the CC, getting your needed crafting items on the day for ZZs satisfies 2 needs at once - 3 at once if Trina wants ZZs.
Plus going to any ZZs your CQs are requesting will count for 2, or 3 with Trina. I just get to the point where a character is sending me to a ZZ & let it wait until a ZZ challenge.

Edited on 09/25/2017 at 4:14:23 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 4:40 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Getting crafting supplies from the puzzle game won't count for the CC.
But during the CC, getting your needed crafting items on the day for ZZs satisfies 2 needs at once - 3 at once if Trina wants ZZs.
Plus going to any ZZs your CQs are requesting will count for 2, or 3 with Trina. I just get to the point where a character is sending me to a ZZ & let it wait until a ZZ challenge.

Unless you have a character with an open crafting quest there is no guarantee you'll get a needed ZZ item for a crafted item. If you have enough HOS inventory it doesn't hurt to use the ZZ task to try for that item.

My level 47 game is holding while I work on DQ's where the airship requirements are lower. So I play puzzles for ZZ items that I'll need for crafted items in the future. Already up to playing for and crafting items needed in level 64 that are unlocked at my current level 47. I craft them up when a CC or DQ needs me to.

For CC tasks for ZZ items I use the DQ's. It may take me all day but usually get enough DQ parts to complete the challenge. If I run a little short I'll finish up the task at the last minute with an underused ZZ (like the magic press). It's always best if you can start the CC task with In the Service of the Record Keeper, but not always that lucky.

Here is what I got for the last CC task #29 for 50 items in ZZ's. Both games represented.

Castle Date Sept 17

Game 1:
Experiment (12 ZZ items)
Another Potion ( 22 ZZ items)
In the Service of the Record Keeper (38 ZZ items)

CC task #29: Done (total of 72 items in ZZ's from DQ's)

Game 2:
Secret Delivery (31 ZZ items)
Gnome Spy (23 ZZ items) Amulet started on first part
New Knowledge (20 ZZ items)
Birth of Goo (22 ZZ items) Amulet finished after last part.

CC task #29: Done (total of 96 items in ZZ's from DQ's)

By doing and completing the DQ's I also gained some coins, stamps, HOS items, airship items and pet food (from the HOS parts), pet medallions, and a few diamonds here and there.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 25, 17 4:58 PM
Remember: the castle challenges are optional.

It's okay to skip one, or to earn "only" 1 or 2 avatars instead of all 3.

Celebrate what you can accomplish rather than lament what you can't.

And keep in mind, castle challenges are like buses. If you miss one, you won't have to wait that long for the next one.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Sep 25, 17 5:21 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Remember: the castle challenges are optional.

It's okay to skip one, or to earn "only" 1 or 2 avatars instead of all 3.

Celebrate what you can accomplish rather than lament what you can't.

And keep in mind, castle challenges are like buses. If you miss one, you won't have to wait that long for the next one.

Very true and a great reminder.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Sep 25, 17 8:45 PM
Thank you for taking the time to put your post together. What a great team player!

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Sep 29, 17 5:32 PM
Thank you for taking the time to make this guide. Very helpful.

Kimberly_63
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Kimberly_63 on Sep 29, 17 5:37 PM
Awesome job and very helpful. Thank you silver_hawk.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Oct 2, 17 9:19 AM
i never do the castle challenges because of dice but these are some good tips!

Go to: