Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 26, 17 12:44 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 09/26/2017 at 6:34:18 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 26, 17 6:34 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Helpas they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

gmrgrl25
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by gmrgrl25 on Sep 27, 17 11:08 AM
I have completed the game easily, however the award section doesn't highlight the trophy's for finishing each section of the game, buying all the artifacts or completing all objectives. Are there levels somewhere other than the 60 I see?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 27, 17 11:17 AM
Hi gmrgrl25,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble with the trophy section of this game not being highlighted correctly. I definitely want you to be able to get the right awards for completing the objectives. It may be helpful to run the game as an administrator. This will help pull the right amount of resources and permissions from your computer to run properly. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page:

Run Game as Administrator

I apologize that with the extensive list of games available on the site today, the Moderation Team doesn't have the bandwith to play all of them to the end. I did see that pennmom36 mentioned that there are 10 bonus levels.

If you find that the technical issues continue to appear, please reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team has the tools to further investigate.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

debra8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by debra8 on Sep 27, 17 10:57 PM
Am playing on a pc windows 10, the game has crashed my computer twice at level 31
The mouse movement is delayed for a few seconds then the whole thing just shuts down, When I restart, no indication of uncontrolled shut down on my pc, and game is
where I left it.. Have tried with 2 id's, same issue.. Any one else?

iodi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by iodi on Sep 29, 17 7:49 AM
IS this game only having 60 levels in its collector's edition version? There is nothing indicating it's a collector's edition, meaning something in addition to a standard edition to justify the increased price. I also have the missing trophies problem.

debra8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by debra8 on Sep 29, 17 9:23 AM
Also missing many trophys after completing the game.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Oct 1, 17 6:17 AM
Also not getting all the trophys.

javawoman2
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by javawoman2 on Oct 1, 17 1:07 PM
playing on pc windows 10 and it freezes ALOT! played other games seem to be no problem. To bad because its a fun game

So went and checked drivers ect, all up date... any ideas because I really liked the game.

Edited on 10/01/2017 at 1:27:50 PM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 1, 17 1:57 PM
Running Windows 10 Pro. Multiple issues. Completed all 60 levels gold bought everything. Awards for completing sections not showing. At certain points in the game, the cursor slows waaaay down. At other times, I'm positive that the food items characters are ordering change between when they first post them and when I put them together at the food station. It's happening often enough that I'm certain it's not my imagination.

And just to add this in here. There is absolutely no good reason why games should have to be played in Administrator mode. That's ridiculous though that seems to be the common tech solution. Games should be able to be played in normal mode ALWAYS. I consider a game that has to be played in Admin mode to be malfunctioning.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 1, 17 1:58 PM
iodi wrote:IS this game only having 60 levels in its collector's edition version? There is nothing indicating it's a collector's edition, meaning something in addition to a standard edition to justify the increased price. I also have the missing trophies problem.

There is a small EXTRAS section that has music and concept art. For this you pay more. Not really worth the extra money for that.

Brit1976
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Brit1976 on Oct 1, 17 2:02 PM
I have finished the game, bought everything in the antique store as well as all the upgrades recieved gold awards for everything but the individual camps. Went through them again to see if I missed a task and no I received expert on each but no trophy.

Using Mac

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 1, 17 4:15 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your personal experiences while playing Katy and Bob: Safari Cafe Collector's Edition. We really appreciate players taking the time to report issues they may be experiencing, and I'd be happy to provide some suggested steps that can help determine whether the issue can be quickly resolved or if more assistance may be necessary from our Support Team.

Some players reported issues while trying to play the game on Windows 10. For this case, I recommend seeing if the following steps are able to assist:

Windows 10

Some Windows players may not be using Windows 10, but are reporting some trouble with the game. What we recommend is seeing if the following set of steps are able to assist as they are able to clear up a wide variety of issues that may occur when playing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those above steps don't seem to help or you'd like further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team so that our teams can provide further assistance. If you'd like further troubleshooting assistance, it may be helpful to request this specifically and provide a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. That information could be vital in assisting any investigations into an issue being reported, and we want to thank players who have taken the time to provide that to us. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by sas9350 on Oct 1, 17 4:28 PM
I THOUGHT THE COLLECTORS EDITIONS HAD THE STRATEGY GUIDE INCLUDED. BUT, I CAN'T FIND IT. CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO FIND IT? IF NO GUIDE, WHERE TO FIND A WALK THROUGH.
THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

[Post New]by wiccan1974 on Oct 2, 17 2:49 AM
To start i am running windows 7, ( yes i know i need to update) i also run all my games on admin. I am also one of the people not getting awarded the trophies for finishing a section (savannah etc.) I have never had a problem with any games before. I have played through the game twice now, and still no trophies.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Oct 3, 17 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming over to answer questions and troubleshoot!

wiccan1974: Since you've tried to troubleshooting steps and the trophies still aren't being awarded, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll definitely be able to provide more help with this.

sas9350: It doesn't appear that this Collector's Edition includes a strategy guide. Usually, when strategy guides are included in a purchase, they will be listed in the game's description. It doesn't appear as though this title has a walkthrough, but for future use, I've included a link to the home page for Big Fish Games walkthroughs:

Walkthroughs

Thank you for your patience, and please PM me or another moderator if further questions arise. We'll provide whatever help we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by royaltrez on Oct 3, 17 9:53 PM
I have the same issue with missing trophies and I have played the game several times, all the way through, getting expert on every level.

I'm using a Mac running macOS Sierra, Version 10.12.6

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 17 8:54 AM
Hi royaltrez,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing the issues with the missing trophies. I've gone ahead and passed this information along to the appropriate teams for investigation. If any information is relayed to us, we will update the forums. In the meantime, you are welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Team. The Support Team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by maggiemay84 on Oct 4, 17 3:13 PM
Is there no way to tell on the map whether you've simply reached the goal vs reaching the expert level? I went back to play some of the earlier levels i couldn't reach expert on, and i can't tell which ones they are.

Mom2x
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Mom2x on Oct 6, 17 5:01 AM
Like the others have posted, the trophy system is broken. I expect a higher quality game when I buy a collectors' edition. I expect Big Fish to perform at least a minimal quality check on their products. Not happy.

Go to: