Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Sep 27, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 09/27/2017 at 5:43:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 27, 17 5:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 27, 17 6:26 AM
This game, in my opinion, was bad. I didn't even finish the demo. There was so many things I didn't like about it. No buy for me, not even as a free game. I hope others enjoy this more than I did.

Also, what's the point of giving us two options if one doesn't work and we are forced to do the other one?

Edited on 09/27/2017 at 6:28:19 AM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 27, 17 6:44 AM
This is one of those old school games that you'll either love it or loathe it. The graphics aren't all that great, but they are decent enough to make the game enjoyable, and the iconic old school vibe, adds to the mystery. You can choose the difficulty level from Easy to Nightmare, and all information is logged into your Journal. There is a jump Map available, but it doesn't have icons that tell you which location has an available task, at least none that I noticed.

I was really getting into the storyline, and it has some really good features, such as collectible Wooden Crosses to give you extra Hints (you can also combine 3 elements in a row, I'm assuming in a mini game, to add hints if you run out, but you start out with several hints and I never ran out to find out specifics of this feature) The crosses aren't easy to find either, I'm not sure if they aren't available in every scene or I just didn't always spot them! There are also Conversation Choices at times to make, and the feature I loved the best, was that my decisions actually matter. By this I mean, if I choose the wrong decision, it's GAME OVER! Yep, you must make life or death decisions, so choose wisely! You may not even notice that as you progress, there will be save points, which are automatic, and if you make the wrong decision, you will start back at the last saved position before the incident, how cool is that!!

The Broken Deal is about a woman who remembers nothing about her past, a woman branded with unknown symbol stigmatas on the palms of both of her hands. The last thing she recalls is an old asylum (of course) so she boards a plane and heads to Blackburn, but her destination never arrives......or does it?

The Hidden Object Scenes are all Interactive List finds, at least in the demo. They are decent enough, and the graphics are clear enough, nothing special, but nothing horrible either.

There aren't a whole lot of mini games in the demo, but they really aren't that bad in my opinion, I found them to all be doable and entertaining. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Rotate the knob to set the radio frequency using the light brightness as your clue.
2) Turn all cells green within 14 moves without intersecting cells already lit.

This game probably isn't going to win any awards, and it's certainly not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I really like the mysterious plot. I've already used a PCC to buy the game because there's just something about this story that intrigues me, I've gotta find out how it ends, enjoy!

dorish2
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by dorish2 on Sep 27, 17 7:27 AM
I'm also enjoying it---there's something about it that's keeping me playing.

Doreen

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Sep 27, 17 8:21 AM
@dorish2

I know, right? It's strangely addicting and it makes you want to finish the game to learn what gives. It's been a long time since a game's plot lured me in this much. Most games nowadays are easy to figure out what the storyline is about, where it's going, and how it ends, all within 15 minutes of playing lol!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 27, 17 9:35 AM
It is a bit old fashioned, but I started on a lot more primitive games than this. (Any one else remember Adventureland and the Scott Adams games?) Well worth a coupon or even buying during this sale. It has it's faults, such as the no choice choices, but the set points make it bearable. The hokey hint buying with the crosses is a bit much, bot overall, fun. No hand holding necessary. Try it, you might like it. I did. If not, delete it. No harm no foul.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Sep 27, 17 3:34 PM
I agree w/ all the positive! It keeps you interested enough to keep going! I think I'm enjoying it! lol

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Sep 27, 17 7:00 PM
I wanted to like this game because it sounded creepy but to me it was just a bad game. Didn't finish the demo. The two option thing wasn't good cause I picked the wrong choice and died then it didn't put me back to the same spot but a few steps behind where I was, Maybe other people will like this game but it's just not for me.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Sep 27, 17 11:41 PM
I thought it was quite amusing to actually "die" because I made the wrong choice - rather like the games my DH likes to play . And when I did, it was only a minute or so (if that) before I was back at the same place to make the "right" choice

I love that the 2 characters we meet during the demo, actually look like real people ie: Rachel Weisz (hope I spelled it right), and Michael Gambon.

I normally stay away from "Asylum" games (I played enough of them years ago, to not feel any need to play them now), but as others have said, the storyline is quite intriguing, and I want to "see what happens next!", lol.

I have now bought the game, and hope to keep enjoying the rest of it.

About the only thing I need is a Strategy Guide to help me get through some of those puzzles (some of the puzzle instructions are a little puzzling themselves, lol). But as this is a 'Standard' game, we won't even get a Walkthrough. Sigh. Ah well, at least now I have plenty of time to try and work them all out

The music seems well suited to the game, and the voices and graphics (imho) are very good.

As Always, try the demo to see if you like it. You just might be surprised

Cheers,

Jen

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 4, 17 8:15 AM
Very old school - but fascinating on the other hand, even more than some of the modern games. Think, I will play it.
Let's see, how often I die.......

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Oct 4, 17 9:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for taking the time to post their thoughts and feedback of this specific game. Please keep in mind the Review Guidelines from above, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal.

We definitely encourage players to provide feedback of our games, but do ask that posts be kept on topic and on Crossroad Mysteries: The Broken Deal within this designated thread. Players are welcome to post about other games in their own specific game forum.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators.

bfgBellerophon

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Oct 4, 17 12:57 PM
Just finished the game - a really good one! Maybe old school, but this doesn't matter. The N-Tri team (the developers) succeeded in creating a fascinating story and led us through various locations, in which we could live a horror-lite adventure with fairly challenging or entertaining puzzles and HOS.

Only weaker points here are the long pauses between scenes. It is apparently a game, made with a low budget. All in all I recommend it !

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 29, 17 11:21 PM
I just loved it. I know I'm not leaving much of a review but I enjoy the daylights out of a good creepy game that took me well more than 3 hours to complete. Huzzah!!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Nov 9, 17 7:43 PM
This is definitely a different game with a uniqueness all of its own. I am an intermediate player who is not into numerous mind bending puzzles. Although this does have puzzles, many of which I skipped, it was the storyline itself that kept me intrigued. At first I wasn't sure of this game and felt confused as to what to do and where to go, but as I persevered on in the game, it's interest kept me going. It is easy to become frustrated as to what to do and where to find what you need, but if you just have patience to keep looking around for items in the particular chapter you are in, you can do it...just relax into it and take your time. It was also fun collecting the cross hints which at times appear in chocolate bars. They are not always easy to find either. In the lighthouse chapter, the hints turned into police badges, but reverted back to crosses in the last chapter. I am not an advanced player, but had 31 hints at the end of this game...and used some during the game...so you can do it. The graphics aren't the greatest, rather drab and depressing, but appropriate for the story. It rather added to the ambience of the game. I wish it could have been a longer game and that the ending had been better. The ending seemed to be abrupt to me, but I am glad I purchased it and just may play it again. Btw, the hops were good, too.

Go to: