OggiByrd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Pearl spend conformation - enough is enough!

[Post New]by OggiByrd on Sep 27, 17 6:41 AM
Why, on gods green green earth, is there STILL NO confirmation about spending these??? I understand complaining about this here, is moot, but, can someone at least tell me where to make an official complaint to. I’m overly sick and tired of them being spent on a goofy double click on something dumb.

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Re:Pearl spend conformation - enough is enough!

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Sep 27, 17 9:33 AM
A loooong time ago, when dinosaurs roamed.. I mean when the game first started, MANY of us refused to buy any pearls until they fixed it.

They didn't want to.

I would have gleefully spent hundreds on this game over the months, I know many others who say the same.

I wonder how much they have lost with their trickery. It was a great idea, to try and force us into spending to progress, but in many cases, it backfired.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Sep 27, 17 10:03 AM
Yesterday I won a pearl by diving and lost it one minute later. I was trying to pick out rewards from the underwater people and I have also click to speed up the production of those bricks. Those bricks shouldn't have the option of spending pearls because it only takes 30 seconds to make them. Nobody will ever choose to use pearls for those. But when a underwater character is to close to the mine, you may spend pearls

Yes, it should be a confirmation

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Sep 27, 17 2:50 PM
I just lost 6 pearls trying to plant mushrooms, my scarecrow was in the way, grr.........

SweetSayonara
Nice floral arrangement

Edited on 09/27/2017 at 2:51:26 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 27, 17 5:29 PM
Hello OggiByrd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide constructive criticism about Sunken Secrets. I can appreciate how confirming a purchase before pearls are spent would be helpful. While the Moderation Team isn't involved in making changes to the game, we always want to advocate for our players. I'll definitely pass along this feedback. If you'd like to submit an additional suggestion, please feel free to PM our Sunken Secrets Support Team. They'll also be able to pass along the message.

Thanks for your understanding, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

SweetSayonara
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSayonara on Sep 27, 17 11:50 PM
Lambina wrote:I just lost 6 pearls trying to plant mushrooms, my scarecrow was in the way, grr.........

SweetSayonara
Nice floral arrangement

6 pearls lost? That really sucks I am sorry
What a shame.

I didn't realize you knew my island to see my flowers LOL, I have nothing left to do in the game now, so if you need any help just PM me.

[Post New]by ReadySteadyGoGo on Sep 28, 17 10:46 AM
I complained recently when I lost some pearls that way, and they were refunded, with a bonus! So you might want to take advantage of the in-game support offered, because they are responsive.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 28, 17 11:16 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread. As stated by my colleague, bfgBeruna, the Moderation Team doesn't have the ability to make changes within the game. We will continue to pass what is presented in the threads to the appropriate teams as we know how frustrating it can be to have pearls spent by accident. In regards to refunds, please keep in mind that they are done on a case by case basis. Players are encouraged to wait a few seconds before tapping the screen of the production station, or tapping around the production station.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

OggiByrd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by OggiByrd on Sep 29, 17 10:40 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi there,

Players are encouraged to wait a few seconds before tapping the screen of the production station, or tapping around the production station.

As much as I understand your station here, please, realize, how that which you offered to do, is totally unrealistic. 99.9 % -- heck,.. lets not lie... 100 % of the time, its automatic, and not even a second to realize, that its happened,.. its too instant, for anyone to even be able to catch. - therin lies the problem. We, as gamers, are tired, of losing pearls to really dumb actions that we don't control. It needs revised.
I do appreciate your reply, however coined, but, realistically... is this anything that the Sunken Secrets game programmers, are even considering addressing? - Candid answer, is all I'm looking for.

[Post New]by GoldDolphin on Sep 30, 17 4:14 PM
Just adding my voice. I have lost dozens of pearls. A confirmation before using such a valuable resource is essential. Please, please, pretty please.........

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Oct 2, 17 4:35 AM
I still lose the odd pearl accidentally, but I have found that as I became more proficient in the game, it happened less and less.

Beware of the mine when you are on a dive. I usually wait until the mine is quiet before I finish a building and have to tap the bubbles. If you tap the female naga while she is operating the mine, you can easily lose a pearl to speed up a brick.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Oct 17, 17 7:54 PM
I don't know if anyone else has this problem. When I accumulate over 20 pearls, it seems like the game starts double clicking on its own. Which has cost me countless pearls.

I'm try to be very careful about putting items into the machinery, but with these automatic double clicks, often I lose a lot of pearls for no reason.

Recently I had about 27 pearls . . . was going to buy another fountain with them but in less than a day, I had accidentally (?) dropped 17!

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Oct 22, 17 6:26 PM
BanditSam wrote: I still lose the odd pearl accidentally, but I have found that as I became more proficient in the game, it happened less and less.

Beware of the mine when you are on a dive. I usually wait until the mine is quiet before I finish a building and have to tap the bubbles. If you tap the female naga while she is operating the mine, you can easily lose a pearl to speed up a brick.

Been there... done that... bought the T-shirt

[Post New]by SlavicCookingCom on Oct 22, 17 6:28 PM
GoldDolphin wrote:Just adding my voice. I have lost dozens of pearls. A confirmation before using such a valuable resource is essential. Please, please, pretty please.........

But they want us to accidentally spend the pearls so we buy more. That’s how they make their incomes.

[Post New]by NorthStorm on Oct 23, 17 10:29 AM
I think they're losing money by not introducing a confirmation for spending pearls. I also lost some in "double clickling" but I don't mins since they were "free". But I'll not spend a dime on pearls as long as they are easy to spend. From what I can get, people who played with weekend/special events were able to cumulate a lot more pearls. I started playing about 8 weeks ago and now even in dives I can't get them. When I see someone with the 5th air balloon I can't fantom how they got there!

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Oct 23, 17 12:26 PM
A way of obtaining the 5 balloon is with that special offer (money again).

But at some point, you won't need stones for upgrading or building the palace and 4 balloons are enough
A little later, accumulating pearls, slowly for the 5 balloon isn't that hard because you will have enough machines and slots to be able to save your pearls

I am trying to do that now. It's not perfect but not very bad

[Post New]by Raiinescloud on Oct 24, 17 4:46 PM
Pearls! A confirmation opportunity would be a HUGE customer service point.

Most recently, on the pearls front, I lost 12 at the castle tower at one time -- and I was / am being very careful because of this issue. I was quite frustrated, so I had someone else do the next castle tower transaction --- and I was NOT a happy camper when they, too, lost 12 pearls right then and there. I cannot fathom what happened. It is like it double clicked on it's own or a double click was not needed -- it just went POOF.

It is a free game to play, but if actual money is used to augment the game, the players should be afforded the small security of saying 'yes' -- it is a fabulous concept used many, many other places by Big Fish. It is such a risk to purchase pearls for this game (I buy them because Big Fish has to be supported with cash or they would not be in business -- and I love Big Fish).

Time for the developers to step up in support of the supporters, please!

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Oct 28, 17 6:41 AM
I've lost enough pearls that would have allowed me to buy some more of the fountains so that I can complete that achievement. One thing I've noticed is that the location of the item slots is different at different machines.

AND, I've lost a lot of pearls in the dive mine. If you notice the location of the item boxes to the mine opening, you see that they are directly over the first slot. If you look at the island mine and the lumber mine, they are all in different spots. Because they are not in the same location for all the machines, you can't get a playing rhythm for producing items and if you play fast - as I often do - you can lose a lot of pearls.

OggiByrd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by OggiByrd on Oct 29, 17 1:45 AM
lol.. I just lost pearls on making a POTATO! .. I'm glad I'm full of humor xD

[Post New]by CoralW on Nov 22, 17 12:50 PM
I bought a pile of pearls over 150 (158 for 24.99?) and lost all of them for the most ridiculous things too. I will not be making any more app purchases for this game.

I also keep asking for help on silly things, such as making a baked apple if you can imagine.

Go to: