VV3 The Secret City Walkthrough

[Post New]by alisa_lyka16 on May 3, 10 1:46 AM
ask if you need anything to master the game

Re:VV3 The Secret City Walkthrough

[Post New]by PoofBoy on May 9, 10 7:39 PM
THIS is the walkthrough?? ??? ????

[Post New]by jewels4caesar on May 11, 10 3:59 PM
Where are the berries and the pitcher plant? I thought they were to the left of the research building, but I can't find anything. I can pick up all the rest of the stuff for potions. I've looked EVERYWHERE. What have I left undone?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on May 11, 10 4:45 PM
jewels4caesar wrote:Where are the berries and the pitcher plant? I thought they were to the left of the research building, but I can't find anything. I can pick up all the rest of the stuff for potions. I've looked EVERYWHERE. What have I left undone?

Seeing (and using) the magic plants requires level 2 in whichever faction you selected. You can only select 1 faction not both.
The Magic Faction Berry is below the Alchemy Lab and the Nature Faction Pitcher Plant is behind the Alchemy Lab near where the children answer the call of nature....

[Post New]by jewels4caesar on May 11, 10 5:44 PM
OK.. that makes sense. I am only a level 1. I am having trouble finding food. I could get honey on my first day only, but there is always the occasional mushroom and bananas. My couples don't seem to want to produce a baby and my children are grown. It will be close to get enough food before they all expire. I've lost one already. I just hated that....

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on May 11, 10 6:11 PM
@ Jewels4caeser: I'm guessing from your post that you are still in the early stages of the game ?
For heavan's sake make one of your women pregnant (check the parenting skill box in the details page of your couple) children are the only ones who can "see" mushrooms and collectibles.
Have your chief make some magic food every 24 hours and pause your game (hit the space bar) whenever you get done playing. Your villagers keep on eating from the bin even on slow speed whenever you leave the game running.
Once depleted, the hive and fruit trees regenerate only a small fraction every 3 hours.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 10 6:41 PM
The official walkthrough and strategy guide are free on the internet. Just google the name of this game for the link. Or go to the dev's site, there are links on the left sidebar.

Any VV game 1,2,3 I pile everyone on tech to start, with one for food with a musroom kid. Keep the food at least 100, and put the villlager back at tech. Sometimes a kid can keep them alive long enough to get points to level up on Farming, then level up on construction if needed to build something for continuous food. No food, no game. You'll have enough food continuously renewing itself til much later to have to worry about sharks or algae etc. I then usually pile up on tech to get enough pts to buy up on Science to get tech points faster. Sometimes without enough food they won't make a baby, just worry about food. Then you have to be persistent, if they won't mate, uncheck the guy, try another, sometimes he will pick out a gal you weren't intending to use. Keep an eye on population top left number, as soon as it goes up one BINGO, they don't even have to waste your time going to shed, uncheck both parenting and put him back to work.

Hope that works for you, takes time to get things going.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 11, 10 6:44 PM
PS and watch the kid's age. As soon as one reaches 12 start another baby to be 2 when the other is 14 to keep the mushrooms going. Oh, and the collectibles, some of the repeats can get you more tech points in a minute than workers can earn in an hour or more.

[Post New]by jewels4caesar on May 15, 10 9:15 AM
What's the difference in purchasing the Levels for Nature/Magicverses individual items, ie. restoration/leadership, etc. Which should I do first? I'm at the level of restoring the statute.

Go to: